"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

+
Then now I more worried than ever, cause:
-Any game than can be made multiplayer isn't an RPG, because RPG and multiplayer needs a real game master to works.
-I breaks any left chances of being able to one day playing one of the missing role in an truly interractive world.
:giveup:
I'm not an advocate of multiplayer either, as I prefer single player games. Mine is only an hypothesis based on the little we know about this aspect and recent events, consistent with the GTA Online approach, but a speculation nonetheless therefore I can be terribly wrong (and I hope so).

Last edited:
It's a possibility:

Patrick Mills: We have multiplayer in R&D, but the game we're shipping to you, the game you're going to buy is the single-player experience. That's really what we're concentrating on now, the single-player RPG experience. That's what we want to nail down before we start looking at any of these other things.

So when you say you've got multiplayer in R&D, do you mean in relation to Cyberpunk 2077, or just generally at the studio?

Patrick Mills: In relation to Cyberpunk as well as just generally at the studio.

So maybe multiplayer will come post-launch?

Patrick Mills: Maybe, no promises. Nothing at launch. At launch we're concentrating on the single-player game. That's what we want to give you.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-gameplay-and-interviewed-cd-projekt-about-it
If I'd be a pessimistic person towards CP2077 and CDPR I'd totally freak out now.
Because this would remind me so much about GTAV. After the big heist in the end you couldn't do shit in the city. All the cool clothing and housing stuff was hold back for online.
:/

Patrick Mills: We have multiplayer in R&D, but the game we're shipping to you, the game you're going to buy is the single-player experience. That's really what we're concentrating on now, the single-player RPG experience. That's what we want to nail down before we start looking at any of these other things.

So when you say you've got multiplayer in R&D, do you mean in relation to Cyberpunk 2077, or just generally at the studio?

Patrick Mills: In relation to Cyberpunk as well as just generally at the studio.

So maybe multiplayer will come post-launch?

Patrick Mills: Maybe, no promises. Nothing at launch. At launch we're concentrating on the single-player game. That's what we want to give you.
You left out the first part of that question.

Is Cyberpunk 2077 a purely single-player game?

Patrick Mills: Yes, it is.

So there's no multiplayer whatsoever?

... you pick up here ...

So the game at launch is designed as a purely single player experience.

You left out the first part of that question.

Is Cyberpunk 2077 a purely single-player game?

Patrick Mills: Yes, it is.

So there's no multiplayer whatsoever?

... you pick up here ...

Well, first of all I linked the original interview at Eurogamer and, secondly, in my post I reported this line:

And I've no polemical intent, I'm just speculating about the apparent "linearization" of the game, compared to what we were told.

And I've no polemical intent, I'm just speculating about the apparent "linearization" of the game, compared to what we were told.

I probably misunderstood you, but how does multiplayer factor in non-liniarization, in your opinion?

I probably misunderstood you, but how does multiplayer factor in non-liniarization, in your opinion?
As I said, I think that the more "sandboxy" elements (like buying apartments, for example) will be left out for post-launch online component (à la GTA Online), and the single player will be more focused on well defined V story with little if none post-endgame activities.

Yup, but what worry me is that missing possibilities of the game (like for exemple being able to play a Rockerboy) might be included in multiplayer, meaning that the only way to play the kind of character I like would be to play it in one in a sub-par, unimmersive (because of multiplayer), non reactive, sandbox game.

As I said, I think that the more "sandboxy" elements (like buying apartments, for example) will be left out for post-launch online component (à la GTA Online), and the single player will be more focused on well defined V story with little if none post-endgame activities.

Ah, gotcha'.

Yea, i personally hated the way GTA Online turned out and arguably many things that were standard option in previous GTA games didn't find their way in for some reason -- can't own multiple cars in GTA 5 for example, and CARS are in the game's name practically -- only to find their way in the Online version. Probably a means to draw people in.

That said, as pointed out many times before, here on the forums as well, Cyberpunk 2077 is more about the story, and when i say that i mean it in: how would owning X or Y make sense in that particular context, which we know precious little about at the moment.

Post-endgame content is something i would also like to see, BUT it highly depends on, well, the ending. The Witcher 3 tried to solve that by 'rolling back' the world at a point before the final mission, probably also why you didn't see the world having changed based on the events that unfolded and you helped shape. That and it would have been A LOT of work for something.. post-game, which wasn't the purpose of the game to begin with. Something like New Game + would be satisfactory for many i believe. That and the posibility to do some bounty hunting and what not, minor contracts, maybe some 'radiant quests'? Realistically no one should expect a Skyrim 2077.

Edit - We also have our very own poll on this particular subject, feel free to chime in here

Last edited:
Ah, gotcha'.

Yea, i personally hated the way GTA Online turned out and arguably many things that were standard option in previous GTA games didn't find their way in for some reason -- can't own multiple cars in GTA 5 for example, and CARS are in the game's name practically -- only to find their way in the Online version. Probably a means to draw people in.

That said, as pointed out many times before, here on the forums as well, Cyberpunk 2077 is more about the story, and when i say that i mean it in: how would owning X or Y make sense in that particular context, which we know precious little about at the moment.

Post-endgame content is something i would also like to see, BUT it highly depends on, well, the ending. The Witcher 3 tried to solve that by 'rolling back' the world at a point before the final mission, probably also why you didn't see the world having changed based on the events that unfolded and you helped shape. That and it would have been A LOT of work for something.. post-game, which wasn't the purpose of the game to begin with. Something like New Game + would be satisfactory for many i believe. That and the posibility to do some bounty hunting and what not, minor contracts, maybe some 'radiant quests'? Realistically no one should expect a Skyrim 2077.
My main concern, at this point, is that apparently V background is getting more and more detailed and the story personal and impelling, so less space is left for customization and creating your own character. I'd have preferred a more neutral approach, like the courier in New Vegas rather than Nate/Nora in Fallout 4, for example.

Yup, but what worry me is that missing possibilities of the game (like for exemple being able to play a Rockerboy) might be included in multiplayer, meaning that the only way to play the kind of character I like would be to play it in one in a sub-par, unimmersive (because of multiplayer), non reactive, sandbox game.
I think you'll be able to play in the style of a Rockerboy in the game. Just not as a class. If you think about it, the rockerboy's mechanical build in the PnP does not make a ton of sense in a cRPG without a party system. I mean charismatic leadership would be a fairly lame skill to build a class around in a video game. And the whole profession built around being a musician wouldn't work in a cRPG either. They would almost have to make a minigame around playing music to represent that, or do it all in cutscenes. If they made it more interactive, I don't think playing an instrument would be a super interesting mechanic, because it either becomes a code making button smashing game like Ocarina of Time, or requires a Rock Band style controller. Neither solution would be good for action RPG.

But I digress, we're straying pretty far off topic here.

I'm gonna take a bold guess here and say that the singing of Keanu changed EVERYTHING they had planned up to that point.

Do you remember last year's character creation screen?
We had the option to choose between 3 childhood heroes...

Silverhand - Most famous Rocker Boy
Blackhand- Most famous Solo
Arasaka - Corporate God

After the Inclusion of Keanu as your permanent sidekick they 've thrown these options away because having a corpo or a solo as your idol wouldn't stick with the narrative any more.

So, I guess by doing this they excluded some elements from V's goals and way of thinking, his character is more pre defined now.

Silverhand will always be pushing you towards his RockerBoy-fight the system agenda throughout the course of the game so maybe the "living the big life" priority was scrapped because of this, along with the luxury apartments.

I think you'll be able to play in the style of a Rockerboy in the game. Just not as a class. If you think about it, the rockerboy's mechanical build in the PnP does not make a ton of sense in a cRPG without a party system. I mean charismatic leadership would be a fairly lame skill to build a class around in a video game.

Well actually I don't know if we are able to even make V "charismatic" at all, I'm still waiting to see the mechanics for that.

I thought gaming sites will report this issue all over, When the confirmation about Multiple apartments occurred, Gaming sites basically made an entire article about that.
I cant find the news about the one apartment stuff anywhere besides this German site...

Top Bottom