"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

+
this sucks. i was really looking forward to this and now its gone. its a really bad decision to remove this! CDprojekt please rethink this!
Post automatically merged:

im very upset with this downgrade it makes no sense. its so unimersive and boring and makes the city feel dead and empty.
i dont like that there is 0 progression in a big part of the game. its just here you have a home and deal with it. PLEASE rethink this

Last edited:
this sucks. i was really looking forward to this and now its gone. its a really bad decision to remove this! CDprojekt please rethink this!
Post automatically merged:

im very upset with this downgrade it makes no sense. its so unimersive and boring and makes the city feel dead and empty.
i dont like that there is 0 progression in a big part of the game. its just here you have a home and deal with it. PLEASE rethink this
I'd be interested to know how you made a jump from "owning multiple apartments to just the one" is equivalent to "game having progression to game having 0 progression". If owning apartments and being able to decorate them is how you measure progression in the game, then perhaps you should look into Sims and not CP2077.

Also, what exactly is immersive about buying multiple apartments across a city in a span of, what we can only imagine, is a few mercenary contracts? How many apartments would you like to own and why?

I'd be interested to know how you made a jump from "owning multiple apartments to just the one" is equivalent to "game having progression to game having 0 progression". If owning apartments and being able to decorate them is how you measure progression in the game, then perhaps you should look into Sims and not CP2077.

Also, what exactly is immersive about buying multiple apartments across a city in a span of, what we can only imagine, is a few mercenary contracts?

not having any progression of where you live is a huge deal. thats what im saying. you go there often and are there often. not being able to change that is shit. since its a HUGE impact on the game. is changes in what area of the map you hang out in. what area you go to for home. its a very impact full thing, now its just boring and the same as everyone else.

While it is a feature that's I'd love to see in the game too, it's more of an 'icing on the cake' feature- the rest city will still feel alive.

As for why they have done this, CDPR will have a reason. Generally it's that the costs of implementing it (be it in-game performance, and/or the time, money and people required) are better spent elsewhere.

And as i've said before, game development is an iterative process. Don't get too attached to anything you see or hear about the game until it's actually out.

And again - the "have your own apartment" feature was introduced in the SECOND expansion to The Witcher games, when it made sense from the story perspective(Geralt settling down etc). So maybe this feature will also get introduced later in CP2077 expansions, when it makes sense.

Sure, I very much agree with you, but the difference is that multiple apartment feature was planned before (facebook response) and makes much more sense than Witcher from the get go. Unless of course you suddenly decide to be a hermit in the game's story.

not having any progression of where you live is a huge deal. thats what im saying. you go there often and are there often. not being able to change that is shit. since its a HUGE impact on the game. is changes in what area of the map you hang out in. what area you go to for home. its a very impact full thing, now its just boring and the same as everyone else.
How often does the game require you to go there? How do you know how often will you be going back to the house? I haven't read up on the mechanic of the house... care to share the detailed rundown of how CDRP plans to utilize that space in game?

Also, what exactly is immersive about buying multiple apartments across a city in a span of, what we can only imagine, is a few mercenary contracts? How many apartments would you like to own and why?
Look, We have no idea how much time passes from quest 1 to the game finale.
And IMO, i want to see progression in the game, and yes, it means also possession-wise.
I can't imagine V getting to the "Big Leagues" and having a lot of money and still living in a tiny flat in Watson. i mean, come on. That is assuming the plot is around that though.
I don't mind owning the same safe house for half of the game, and after V's "Big Break" getting a new improved, in a rich district one, Kind of the same of what happened in GTA 5 with Franklin.
Btw, The dude you quoted may have exaggerated, but i can perfectly understand where his frustration is coming from.

Wtf! One apartment, no customization. This just turned from being the game of my dreams to just another game. Hype level killed now

Look, We have no idea how much time passes from quest 1 to the game finale.
And IMO, i want to see progression in the game, and yes, it means also possession-wise.
I can't imagine V getting to the "Big Leagues" and having a lot of money and still living in a tiny flat in Watson. i mean, come on. That is assuming the plot is around that though.
I don't mind owning the same safe house for half of the game, and after V's "Big Break" getting a new improved, in a rich district one, Kind of the same of what happened in GTA 5 with Franklin.
Btw, The dude you quoted may have exaggerated, but i can perfectly understand where his frustration is coming from.
So... owning a bigger apartment is the only way to showcase character's progress in the game? Damn.. that's rough.

You're right though, we don't know the time span that passes between the opening scene and the end game, so that could go either way, but I don't agree with the premise that getting into "big leagues" equates to acquiring penthouses all over NC... but to each their own.

After this E3 revelations, now I think that V is not going to hit "big leagues". He tries but, meanwhile, he/she stumbles in the key element of the story (the immortality chip) and, hooked up from here on out, it's a race for his/her life and uncover the mystery, in a limited timespan incompatible with upgraded lifestyle and real estate investments.

After this E3 revelations, now I think that V is not going to hit "big leagues". He tries but, meanwhile, he/she stumbles in the key element of the story (the immortality chip) and, hooked up from here on out, it's a race for his/her life and uncover the mystery, in a limited timespan incompatible with upgraded lifestyle and real estate investments.
Moreover, Silverhand wants to burn down the city (literally or figuratively?) If the end game is to destroy the city... then why invest into property that's gonna be burned down? Makes no sense and completely brakes immersion. :shrug:

If they found one apartment, then they know about your other places. Add on to that the price of rent for each place, and your looking at a money sink. It just wouldnt be worth it.

Not necessarily. It does all depend on how each of us envisioned the multiple apartments idea, but for me, it conjured images of being the classic bad guy (from society's point of view) having my own apartment under my real name and having a cheaper one under the name of my alias. And quite possibly a bolt hole or two paid for in cash with no trail back to me.

What qualifies as an apartment also doesn't have to mean 1-2 bedrooms and a bath. It could be paying to rent a permanent room at a cheap, shady hotel or having a rental storage unit kitted up with minimal stuff as an emergency reloaction site.

Now, all of those things only make sense if there are game mechanics/potential story branches that allow for V's identity (real or alias) to be discovered or for post-mission consequences making the primary apartment too hot, etc. If those things aren't in the game, then having multiple apartments is a bit of a waste of time.

Guest 4149880

And here I was expecting to role play a real estate agent, and sell property to my fellow cyberhypers.

How dare you CDPR, how dare YOU!:cry:

#allhypegone

Last edited by a moderator:
So... owning a bigger apartment is the only way to showcase character's progress in the game? Damn.. that's rough.

You're right though, we don't know the time span that passes between the opening scene and the end game, so that could go either way, but I don't agree with the premise that getting into "big leagues" equates to acquiring penthouses all over NC... but to each their own.
It's pretty clear that the OP isn't going for either extreme; idk why you're trying to mischaracterize his stance.

Obviously, no one thinks that "owning a bigger apartment is the only way to showcase" our character's progression. But it's definitely one way to showcase it in relation to our world.

Furthermore, I don't think reasonable people here are clamoring for the ability to acquire multiple "penthouses all over NC." Why not the choice between 2 or 3 apartments spread out across the major districts and balance the game economy such that you can only ever buy one new one sometime after mid-game?

Moreover, Silverhand wants to burn down the city (literally or figuratively?) If the end game is to destroy the city... then why invest into property that's gonna be burned down? Makes no sense and completely brakes immersion. :shrug:
I think literally:

And he has his own role and that develops throughout the game. And 'there's a city to burn'—he means something very specific in that, but I don't want to talk about that because it would be an absolute spoiler.

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2...ains-why-using-cyberspace-requires-a-bathtub/

Remember Arasaka and the fourth corporate war?

Where people got impression that V was supposed to hit big leagues? Its dystophia, even the first trailer states the promise of Night City is a lie. As I understand in 2020 rule-book cyberpunks are supposed to be homeless. So even if V becomes famous solo he won't ever be living in a corpo penthouse or smth.

most of you don't get it, them giving us only one apartment is a limitter to a somewhat limitless-options type of game. Instead it being a 'do as u please' game, its now a 'you're only allowed to do this' type of game nd that fucking sucks i expected more from 7 years of development

Was never going to be a "do as you please" game. Never advertised as that.

Cyberpunks are absolutely limited - what they can do in-game, how they do it, who they can do it to. Your Roles, your gear, your methods.

And, again, Cyberpunks don't have apartments. It's 2077 not 2010. Stay mobile, stay alive. A home is a target.

I did not say that "owning a bigger apartment is the only way to showcase character's progress in the game".
if you read closely, i wrote "also possession-wise" and an apartment is a possession.
If you ask me, ONE of the thing that suggests a character development in social status, wealth and fame is their place of living. and it being only the one in Watson for the entire game, seems like a poor decision which is both immersion breaking and narratively wrong for me.
Again, all assuming the story is V is trying and succeeding in getting to the "Big Leagues"

Top Bottom