"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

+
W3 is not a sandbox game AT ALL. You are heavily constrained by the world you are living in.

My steam hours currently read:
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - 113 hours (my current go-to game, main stories still in progress)
Assassin's Creed: black flag - 106 hours
GTA 5 (Online only, I played the story on PS3) - 147 hours
Deus EX: mankind divided: 27 hours
Baldur's gate 2: enhanced edition: 218 hours
Vampire the masquerade: bloodlines: 182 hours
Witcher 3: 4 hours

ps. Worth noting that I like Black flag and odyssey precisely because you are not limited to stealth gameplay. I played black flag as a pirate simulator and odyssey as a greek hero of legend -simulator.
pps. The notion that you cannot have a great story in a sandbox world is poppycock.

Last edited:
I should have said in other comment that any slap on superficial futon organizer or 2nd safehouse they could put in between now and release is precisely the stuff i'd say most of us don't care about when it comes to the single apartment question.

Single place denotes the game it wont be.

Was never going to be a "do as you please" game. Never advertised as that.

Cyberpunks are absolutely limited - what they can do in-game, how they do it, who they can do it to. Your Roles, your gear, your methods.

And, again, Cyberpunks don't have apartments. It's 2077 not 2010. Stay mobile, stay alive. A home is a target.

question: in cyberpunk 2020, are the players generally going to able to stuff their garage with limousines and sports cars? because that feature is still in the video game. it is confirmed that you can basically run around and steal any car you see gta style.

please don't try to rationalize cut features by saying that's how the lore is because that argument is going to fall apart in 5 seconds.

No need to gatekeep and tell us how Cyberpunk is all about lack of choice or how dumb it would be to have more than one apartment when it's clear that CDPR thought otherwise a year ago.

also this, a year ago it was still entirely compatible with the lore that you're going to own multiple safehouses.

Fallout 1 and 2. New Vegas to some extent.

No developer has made one in the AAA category yet, though. (Because all games have to be actionshooters by heart.)

Fallout 1 and 2 - no houses or bases whatsoever. No meniangful faction developement. No minigames. No "stuff to do outside quests". No sandbox. F:NV - better, but still missing some of those.

Frankly, I don't really understand your objections right now. From every info I gathered CP 2077 will be very much like F 1 and F2, not like Skyrim or F4. Which is amazing in my book, because I love original Fallout.
Post automatically merged:

My steam hours currently read:
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - 113 hours (my current go-to game, main stories still in progress)
Assassin's Creed: black flag - 106 hours
GTA 5 (Online only, I played the story on PS3) - 147 hours
Deus EX: mankind divided: 27 hours
Baldur's gate 2: enhanced edition: 218 hours
Vampire the masquerade: bloodlines: 182 hours
Witcher 3: 4 hours

ps. Worth noting that I like Black flag and odyssey precisely because you are not limited to stealth gameplay. I played black flag as a pirate simulator and odyssey as a greek hero of legend -simulator.
pps. The notion that you cannot have a great story in a sandbox world is poppycock.

Then CP2077 is probably not a game for you. It's nothing wrong with that - it's just lfie.

No, i don't want to become a werewolf in CP77. That's not just Bethesda, that was an example which i gave. An RPG is at First a ROLE PLAYING GAME, Skyrim gave me the option to play any Role i wanted ( within reason and game ) like mentioned before, besides being a Dragon born i could be an assassin, a thief, a father and other stuff.
How many choices Cyberpunk gives me? I cant work as a corpo agent, or join any gang. I have no freedom of choice. Im stricted to the story and the story ONLY.

So, let's recap.

Knights of the Old Republic not an RPG
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines not an RPG
Dragon Age Origins not an RRG
Neverwinter Nights not an RPG
Wasteland 2 not an RPG
Etc. Etc. Etc.

So Skyrim, Oblivion, basically besides Bethesda games what other games are RPG, in your opinion?

None of that matters in the context of those games. Or RPG’s in general.

It’s the ”nice to have” stuff, but not essential in any way.

Not in the slightest.

Really? What will not be like this?
- fully fleshed, meaningful characters? check
- Interesting world? check
- well written story? check
- possibility to solve problems in different way? check
- different character builds? check
- factions with unique story, goals, lore? check

I can probably go on longer, but I think it would be easier if you describe what does F1 and 2 have, and it's not present in CP2077?

Where did you get the impression this was going to be that sort of game?

Cyberpunk 2077 was never advertised that way, and none of the Witcher games were sandboxes. The Witcher 3 may have been open world, but it was a very much a story and character driven game, rather than one that was all about the activities you can do in that open world. The disappointment you're feeling is now is entirely to your own unrealistic expectations.

Personally I'd much rather Cyberpunk drew inspiration from The Witcher 3 (complex and interesting characters, side quests as fun as the main path, multiple paths and endings, a game world that feels alive, ect) than go the sandbox route.

at the cdpr fall conference 2012. watch this video at 5:14

So, let's recap.

Knights of the Old Republic not an RPG
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines not an RPG
Dragon Age Origins not an RRG
Neverwinter Nights not an RPG
Wasteland 2 not an RPG
Etc. Etc. Etc.

So Skyrim, Oblivion, basically besides Bethesda games what other games are RPG, in your opinion?
When did i say that those games arent RPG? Those were excellent RPGs.
But based on what was promised to us and what were getting now, this one just seems poor thats all. Again, IMO only, and based on what i know so far.

According to this article, depending on what backstory you choose, you'll have a different start (and possibly different homes). Unless I'm understanding it wrong.
“You can be one of the nomads as a player and you can start there, being part of a family of the Nomads,” Sasko explained. You could call them a tribe that is living in cars and they’re just driving over Badlands. They’re doing various jobs for fixers, and for people in the city, and doing various deals – I don’t want to disclose too much because not to spoil the story.”
If they didn't changed the design of it, last year we saw the apartment that V has if he/she chooses the "corpo" path.

When did i say that those games arent RPG? Those were excellent RPGs.
But based on what was promised to us and what were getting now, this one just seems poor thats all. Again, IMO only, and based on what i know so far.

Err..in all of those you had no "freedom of choice" and were "restricted by the story and the story ONLY" :shrug:

It is immersion breaking and a big disappointment. I can't imagine owning the same apartment all the time without a possibility to even customize it when the whole purpose of the game is levelling up higher in the ranks of this world as a mercenary

So you telling met hat you have three houses around the country? In real life?

Who cares about owning more than one house? I mean, do most of us own more than one house? Many of people in real life even have live all their lives in the same places and move at least one or two times in their lives. Let to say, aren't you all happy this game has that "realistic feel" to it? In real life people don't move a lot, let alone, owning more than one house, heck even a lot.

Top Bottom