"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

+
Did you read or listen to any of the E3 interviews this year? Because what literally everyone was talking about was the RPG and gameplay systems, freedom of choosing your approaches to quests, character customization and how the world reacts to player's choices.

How is there a sense in calling it a "linear shooter"?

And the only "negative" "news" we got about the world is that you will be limited to one apartment.

Making sense of it because, even if it's wrong, I can see where they come from when they say that. For a third time, I'm not saying it's true, its just that the game they heard about this year is much more focused on story and choices than the open-world.
Opposite to last year's E3 when it was all about Night City

Dude no one said this game is now a linear shooter, all we said was Cdpr narrowed our experience/enjoyment spectrum.
By taking out an option that could easily be implemented and re-broaden that spectrum and make everyone happy again.
You telling me after all these years they still couldnt figure out how to make this all of these things work?
The fact that they had it and removed it makes it that much morse
You're talking about game development like it's a magic hat. You just put your hand in it, make a wish or say the magic words and pull out what you always wanted. If (IF!) they cut extra apartments, there can be, believe it or not, actual reasons for that. Game making isn't just about dumping random shit in it. Like buying personal tiger pet, being able to feed birds, painting street graffiti, getting a job at police force, attach 5 extra limbs... I can whine if the game won't have urinating, it will limit the spectrum of my roleplay and hurt immersion. But is this an objective perspective? Every game sets specific goals (artistic, gameplay and other) and has limited resources to achieve them. Devs take priorities, make compromises and sacrifice various elements during development for greater good. We just don't have the bigger picture. Nor from game building, nor from narrative, nor from gameplay pov. Reacting to stuff getting cut like they robbed you of something is silly. Just like with movies, rough cut which is much longer than the final result gets streamlined, narrowed and optimized for the best overall result.

And making everyone happy? You will never make everyone happy. For example, in my absolute honest and humble opinion, GTA games ARE pieces of shit.

Making sense of it because, even if it's wrong, I can see where they come from when they say that. For a third time, I'm not saying it's true, its just that the game they heard about this year is much more focused on story and choices than the open-world.
Opposite to last year's E3 when it was all about Night City

THey say that because the developers said it - that in this year's demo they want to focus not on the world but on the gameplay systems, RPG elements, different approaches to quests etc. It was said explicitly.

You're talking about game development like it's a magic hat. You just put your hand in it, make a wish or say the magic words and pull out what you always wanted. If (IF!) they cut extra apartments, there can be, believe it or not, actual reasons for that. Game making isn't just about dumping random shit in it. Like buying personal tiger pet, being able to feed birds, painting street graffiti, getting a job at police force, attach 5 extra limbs... I can whine if the game won't have urinating, it will limit the spectrum of my roleplay and hurt immersion. But is this an objective perspective? Every game sets specific goals (artistic, gameplay and other) and has limited resources to achieve them. Devs take priorities, make compromises and sacrifice various elements during development for greater good. We just don't have the bigger picture. Nor from game building, nor from narrative, nor from gameplay pov. Reacting to stuff getting cut like they robbed you of something is silly. Just like with movies, rough cut which is much longer than the final result gets streamlined, narrowed and optimized for the best overall result.

And making everyone happy? You will never make everyone happy. For example, in my absolute honest and humble opinion, GTA games ARE pieces of shit.

You have a point here, *limitted resources.🤔
Maybe thats the reason,it could be they had to cut of some things after acquiring Keanu (im just making an example here).
Limited resources is the only acceptable reason anyway,any other reason is just plain negligence.
I hope someone from cdpr clears it up someday.
Hey man your gta opinion is really how you feel cool.

Limited resources is the only acceptable reason anyway,any other reason is just plain negligence.

There is also something called Return of Investment. Some things matter more than others and there is little point in doing content that is only relevant to minority but takes disproportionate amount of resources.

If you think housing is important, consider this. MMOs tend to have it with a lot of customization (ESO, FFXIV, SWTOR, Black Desert etc). You know which one has no housing at all? World of Warcraft.

Some people here don't seem to get the meaning of
IMG_20190618_214541.jpg

The reason why we're in this this thread alone should show how people are dissatisfied about cdprs decision.
In other words, you have nothing to backup your previous statement. Got it.

Dude no one said this game is now a linear shooter, all we said was Cdpr narrowed our experience/enjoyment spectrum.
By taking out an option that could easily be implemented and re-broaden that spectrum and make everyone happy again.
You telling me after all these years they still couldnt figure out how to make this all of these things work?
The fact that they had it and removed it makes it that much morse
What if, after implementing a preliminary version of the mechanic and testing it, they ultimately decided against it because they came up with something better instead (whatever that may be)? Why not have just a little bit of faith in their ability to make a good game? Why not let them make the game THEY want to make? Why do you and few others so desperately want to force your ideas on them? Is the ability to "purchase" an imaginary apartment in a fairy tale universe so damn important? What exactly does it bring to the game?

GTA:SA safe houses had a purpose to... well.. save the game. If I'm able to save my CP77 game anywhere, without having to run to a specific location on the map, then that sole purpose of the location is moot. What then? It just becomes a wasted resource for you to go to once during your game time. WOW... yeah, I really want them to be spending resources on trivial stuff like that.

I think this interview

https://www.fandom.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-the-fandom-interview

FANDOM: Will you be able to buy apartments in different districts of Night City?
Pietra:
Absolutely. You will be able to buy a couple of apartments in different locations, so obviously upgrading yourself will push you towards a certain path in the game but saying any more would be too spoilery right now.

makes the apartments sound like it will be very important feature and they won't change it regardless of what will happen.

I mean "absolutely" sounds like it will be there 100%.

Or is this same case as with "public" demo and we don't understand it correctly? This "public" demo was first thing that made me said: "What is happening CDPR?" Their marketing is... something.

This is the exact excerpt I read that got me excited for this game...not sure I read the original source but definitely saw this exact wording somewhere...

Did you read or listen to any of the E3 interviews this year? Because what literally everyone was talking about was the RPG and gameplay systems, freedom of choosing your approaches to quests, character customization and how the world reacts to player's choices.

And the only "negative" "news" we got about the world is that you will be limited to one apartment.

we definitely got more negative news than that.
we can't choose our childhood hero anymore, you are going to be forced to have johnny silverhand on your side for a big part of the game. the "why night city?" option has also been cut i think. it's been confirmed that there will be no side activity with a similiar depth as gwent. only confirmed side things you can do seem to be car races, boxing ring and a shooting range, which is not a lot lol.

the whole e3 left me a little less hyped than before for the game to be honest. what was even the point of this e3 for people who didn't see the demo? just keanu?

we definitely got more negative news than that.
we can't choose our childhood hero anymore, you are going to be forced to have johnny silverhand on your side for a big part of the game. the "why night city?" option has also been cut i think. it's been confirmed that there will be no side activity with a similiar depth as gwent. only confirmed side things you can do seem to be car races, boxing ring and a shooting range, which is not a lot lol.

the whole e3 left me a little less hyped than before for the game to be honest. what was even the point of this e3 for people who didn't see the demo? just keanu?
Only a mortal combat game inside a game.. and more.. if you think that is not a lot.. stop eating lemons.

So we have people who want "Skyrim (or GTA) with implants" and people who want to have deep story, memorable characters, important choices, coherent world, and hundreds of other things which are important to me. Fine enough. Both can be tagged as RPG. Both can be fun. But I know which one I want CP2077 to be. And it's not "lets build giant shlong out of turrets becaususe we can" type of game.

That is one thing I disagree about, with the people in this thread. I don't think Skyrim is a good template to follow when making an open-world RPG. Sure you can join whatever faction you want, and do just about whatever you want. But the world was dull, and the characters were dull. Personally I just want more in game activities in cyberpunk2077. They have this big open-world with nothing to do, that's my issue. CDPR never said anything about joining factions, so I'm cool with them not adding that feature. Though we still get to play V how we want, through all the perks that were described. When it comes to a good RPG, I'd rather take a solid interactive narrative with great characters over an open-world RPG anyday. This is way ME2 is by far my favorite RPG of all time.

Last edited:
To be honest, I would personally prefer to keep living in the same mega-complex and grow attached to the various NPC's there while upgrading and customizing my apartment. Maybe moving to a nice apartment in the same complex if there is such a thing.

Hopping around from place to place when getting a slightly nicer place to sleep would make each place more disposable. It would not give you the same sense of "home" as the well fleshed out community we saw in the gameplay trailer. Of course they could make multiple such communities, each will a fully fleshed out society inside, but I feel like this might be too much to ask for development wise.

Your starting point in the game will always be the same.
It's just your origins, your life before the start of the game that you can choose in the beginning.
(Basically this will unlock different lines of dialogue)

Well, I was right, I guess...

00:45 - 1:05

All right. I was not the only one to pick up on this, some journalists did too, in their articles.

Both years, the demo comprised mainly of:
- Showing couple contact points, V going to few places and talking couple people.
- One mission, its events and how it can play out, shown intricately.
CDPR didn't really show the branching mission-tree you seem to claim that you did, especially since the world as a whole didn't get to witness the 2019 demo yet. All the actual choices and alternatives seem(according to the articles) to take place within this one mission. All the gameplay options seem awesome, but it's still just one mission.

So the story can still be a single string of missions from all we know, ie. a linear shooter(action adventure being a better word, since you've shown varied melee). We haven't yet seen enough proof to the contrary. (Emphasis on the word 'seen') We haven't seen how the outcome of this mission affects other missions, or what mission options open up. I prefer to use the word 'mission' instead of quest, since I've outgrown medieval fantasy dependance. I for one haven't truly seen the open world I am looking for.

Now, I can read between the lines enough to get the gist of what CDPR is trying. But the factual proof that its going to happen is rather thin so far.

Besides, important note: Since devs have shown they can change things from what they have said previously, it takes weight off the current interviews. Why should we take these interviews seriously if you are not going to hold on to what has been said? Philosohical question, yes/no?

25 pages of arguing about having one apartment in the game. From people who want immersion. Unbelievable. I've never owned more than one home at a time in real life, and I only know a handful of people who do. Guess I must be living in an alternate timeline.

Top Bottom