"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

+
Having multiple apartments should be based on your social media rating much like black mirror

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes you say this?

Watchdog 3 is London, Division is New York, gta 5 is fictional city but it awfully remind me of real life. Night City should take another path imho. Even Sleeping Dog is Hong Kong. If I was CDPR I would put a twist.

Last edited:

Post automatically merged:

This is Morro Bay where NC is , so is it based on a real city ?

Watchdog 3 is London, Division is New York, gta 5 is fictional city but it awfully remind me of real life. Night City should take another path imho. Even Sleeping Dog is Hong Kong. If I was CDPR I would put a twist.
GTA V was heavily influenced by Los Angeles. I really don't understand how this makes the games boring as the gameplay utilizing that map space more than makes up for it, especially in the case of GTAV and Sleeping Dogs. Watch Dogs to a lesser extent. Every open world game generally has elements of some form of city in real life and I guarantee Cyberpunk won't be any different.

GTA V was heavily influenced by Los Angeles. I really don't understand how this makes the games boring as the gameplay utilizing that map space more than makes up for it, especially in the case of GTAV and Sleeping Dogs. Watch Dogs to a lesser extent. Every open world game generally has elements of some form of city in real life and I guarantee Cyberpunk won't be any different.

You could be right. Well I have given my own ideas.

At least Night City has something different like prostitutes tend to be middle class citizens. Middle Class really want to live like rich people? So thats a twist already. Its up to CDPR what kind of world view they wan to give players.

Last edited:
If fashion options are very detailed and customized I can certainly state with confidence that my wife will completely not care about apartments. :) If you can get that pet in the fourth art poster (luxury poster art style) she will probably jump for joy!

I like the idea of temp or safe houses a lot too, another reason I was hoping for other apartments or living conditions too was I was hoping there might be a story element where V is literally ambushed and/or attacked at home if being followed or if a mission goes a certain way or maybe it's a main story mission that you can't miss. Then, maybe she is homeless literally scraping by to find a safehouse or coffin bed (Japanese style you see in Tokyo) and long-term you have to find another place to live, etc.

I just keep going… from Cyberpunk Wiki.

"Long-term housing is unusual for Cyberpunk characters, as their career requires them to be rootless and mobile. As such, Cyberpunk characters are typically homeless, living out of their sleeping bag or car, renting room or cube for the night if need be. "

Thats exactly how I want to experience Cyberpunk, not going back and forth with my apartment. Things may have changed from 2020 though. Are we gonna carry Sleeping Bags?

I just keep going… from Cyberpunk Wiki.

"Long-term housing is unusual for Cyberpunk characters, as their career requires them to be rootless and mobile. As such, Cyberpunk characters are typically homeless, living out of their sleeping bag or car, renting room or cube for the night if need be. "

Thats exactly how I want to experience Cyberpunk, not going back and forth with my apartment. Things may have changed from 2020 though. Are we gonna carry Sleeping Bags?

I watch the Mad Queen on YT , she is big on the lore . She says in lore a punk would never have more than one apartment .

I watch the Mad Queen on YT , she is big on the lore . She says in lore a punk would never have more than one apartment .

I would love to see more like "real punk dies in sleeping bag with aids and a pocket full of stuff stolen from richs." Apartment should be luxury itself.

We should be able to own more than one and should be able to customize the places, this is a no brainer. Kind of disappointing if not.

Only thing I can think of is they want to sell us this option as a DLC or expansion..... :/

In Mass effect 1, there is a DLC that give you an appartement . But to get it, you gotta fight in a simulation battles . Many battles on and on...

And it was SO boring . I never went far and never saw the said appartement :ROFLMAO:

If we get ONe appartement, Or more . I'm fine with either, since if I wanna play House...I got the Sims for that .

I'm hoping that the appartement have a Use actually. Beside being a save place, and oh God..plz....give us a stash in there to store stuff . For crafting and what not .

But really, I'll be at the bar.....mostly :sneaky:
Yeah I remember this DLC! The arenas were indeed a drag. Don't worry you didn't miss out, the appartement itself was as boring.

The fact they came out with those posters recently tells me that maybe it's in fact one safehouse at a time...and based on the way we want our character to be is the type of dwelling we'll be able to get into. If you side with say Corpos or whatever, than you'll have a place with substance over style, but pretty upscale, something along those lines...and same with the other ones they showed on the posters. Maybe based on how you build your character is where you will start and what kind of dwelling you will have at start or part of the city it will be in. I could have sworn I read somewhere there will be multiple starts based on how you build your character. But who knows, we are mostly just speculating.

Ntm, the buildings are not like the apartment I live in. I think people are forgetting that. They are massive mega buildings like what can be seen in the movie Dredd. So maybe that ties into what we are talking about here. Who knows, maybe it's one building throughout our story but multiple available apartments based on your decisions. I mean the collectors edition box is one of these mega structures, so they are important.

I'm not worried about safe houses though, I'm more focused on them giving us an experience with a shit ton of choices like they said it was gonna be. To the point where if you watch someone's let's play, it could be almost totally different than someone else's who has a different playstyle and choices.

they're called safehouses
Safe houses work only if you're in hiding, means the only place you visit is a nearby grocery store. It either needs to be enforced by the story, or it won't make any sense. But then what's the point of owning some rat hole?

I doubt (based on current knowledge or statements I saw) that you get to have different apartments but just one at a time. This is assuming nothing changes in that regard till release but somewhere someone official specifically referred to the apartment we saw in the prior demo.

In simple terms, the wording seemed to imply you only get that with no differences based on background or so.

But that is all potential subject to change, if it is correct.

I haven't had a chance to read through the entirety of this topic so apologies if this has already been discussed but what if they mean one apartment at a time like maybe V changes his/her living space through out the story. Would make sense there is no decorating if they will move you from one living space to another.

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to read through the entirety of this topic so apologies if this has already been discussed but what if they mean one apartment at a time like maybe V changes his/her living space through out the story. Would make sense there is no decorating if they will move you from one living space to another.

Yeah, that's one possibility that I'd be interested in. But their wording seems to imply that isn't the case. We will see in 10 months, at any rate.

Top Bottom