"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

+
Some recent posts here are more about how companies do business, and less about the topic of the thread. One of such post was deleted.

No, I've not said that. Reread that paragraph. Do you see any mention of the Witcher 3?

Now you're just searching at something to get angry about.
I'm sorry, you seemed to have confused me being incredulous of your comment as getting angry.
And while you didn't mention the Witcher 3 specifically, you did bring it up indirectly. Let's look back on what you said...

They haven't given us a bogus trailer, claiming that's exactly what the game was going to be like in quality and looks.

And I pointed out that, actually, they did. Feel free to look up the E3 2013-2014 Witcher 3 trailers and compare them to the retail release and you'll see you were mistaken, even CDPR has shown "gameplay" trailers at shows that the final version didn't quite live up to. That was my point. You made a declarative statement and I merely pointed out you were factually incorrect, no anger involved.

Anyways, about the apartments; so now we know that V gets only one apartment, but now it's being said that depending on what origin you pick (street kid, nomad, corporate, I believe?) determines where you start, but all roads lead to the same apartment? Hmmm...:shrug:

Anyways, about the apartments; so now we know that V gets only one apartment, but now it's being said that depending on what origin you pick (street kid, nomad, corporate, I believe?) determines where you start, but all roads lead to the same apartment? Hmmm...:shrug:

Good luck? :ROFLMAO:

I've never heard of it. I think he owns several apartments. Well, or he rents out several apartments, and in an interview he says that now he rents out only one. He just needs to pay taxes for them to be legal. Here's a guy who I rent 3 bedroom apartments forest hills has several apartments. He told me that he pays a certain tax for each one. Just if someone found out that he rents out apartments and doesn't give any interest to the government, he would be forced to pay a rather large fine.

Last edited:
It is immersion breaking and a big disappointment.
I get the second part but wow, does the first one get abused here. Everything and anything that people dislike about the game is somehow immersion breaking. No rev matching on bikes? Immersion breaking. No wall running? Immersion breaking. No controllable sex scenes with a mini game? Immersion breaking.

Could you people please stop devaluing this term and making it meaningless? Let’s reserve it for stuff that actually breaks immersion like identical weapons but for some arbitrary level number deciding whether or not your opponent can eat whole truckloads of (identical) ammo or dies within a few shots.

I get the second part but wow, does the first one get abused here. Everything and anything that people dislike about the game is somehow immersion breaking. No rev matching on bikes? Immersion breaking. No wall running? Immersion breaking. No controllable sex scenes with a mini game? Immersion breaking.

Are you saying those AREN'T immersionbreaking?
The question is not whether something is or isn't immersionbreaking, the question is whether it bothers you. We can ignore stuff to certain extent if it isn't in-your-face annoying. When the annoyance passes a certain threshold, it becomes bad for the game.

The worst kind of immersionbreaks are the ones that repeat constantly, like first-person character behaviour. Those are literally in front of your face all the time as an example. Or inventory being shitty, etc. If the problem is for example in how a car drives, you can choose to instead walk everywhere or use quicktravel to avoid the issue.

In RDR2 in first-person mode Im troubled by how the character turns in the saddle while aiming like a turret, no trouble at all turning 180 degrees. It is troublesome since I know the lower part of the body is still riding the horse and the position of legs is fixed. Yet upper body turns 180 degrees. My brain cannot comprehend..

Last edited:
Yes, there being no rev matching is not immersion breaking for the average, well-adjusted person. And sure, they can nevertheless bother people but as I said, being bothered by something does not mean it is automatically immersion-breaking. That is just silly and makes the word meaningless. It’s then just another adjective simply equating to “bad”.

Even if the player was allowed to buy multiple appartments I would stick with buying only one.My hope was for apartment customization and although I don't recall where I heard/read this but it seems unfortunately customization won't be a option either.

I was disappointed when I first heard that they removed it, but I do get why they made that choice.
I get that the current apartment is suppose to be very important to the story line, so instead of recreating those event/scenes to each of the other apartments and having those concerns of odd customizations in serious moments, they could keep the current one as the main "base" that you go back to for cutscenes, while letting us have the others as something we can go wild to customize into our own.

I would rather have an option to buy/rent more apartments which is more believable because V is probably always on the run and having one apartment should be dangerous! You are an easy target when your location is known all the time. When I would have to choose between having a possibility to own/book multiple apartments or decorating them, I always choose multiple apartments.

We will have 6 districts and possibly a huge map. How do you expect me to go back to the same place all the time to save a game or something when I don't want to fast travel? It is immersion breaking and a big disappointment for many different reasons if it's true.

Those apartments would still be in your name and traced right to you, yeah?

I was thinking if V is on the run then you need to find safe houses. Buildings not attached to you in any way, but those that own it like you and let you use it to store stuff and have a safe place to regroup.

Are you saying those AREN'T immersionbreaking?
The question is not whether something is or isn't immersionbreaking, the question is whether it bothers you. We can ignore stuff to certain extent if it isn't in-your-face annoying. When the annoyance passes a certain threshold, it becomes bad for the game.

The worst kind of immersionbreaks are the ones that repeat constantly, like first-person character behaviour. Those are literally in front of your face all the time as an example. Or inventory being shitty, etc. If the problem is for example in how a car drives, you can choose to instead walk everywhere or use quicktravel to avoid the issue.

In RDR2 in first-person mode Im troubled by how the character turns in the saddle while aiming like a turret, no trouble at all turning 180 degrees. It is troublesome since I know the lower part of the body is still riding the horse and the position of legs is fixed. Yet upper body turns 180 degrees. My brain cannot comprehend..

it's not immersion breaking. a lot of people live in one apartment because moving around is a hassle.

You might if you were a mercenary with a price on your head and many, many people eager to find out where you live so they can kill you ;p

Maybe this will be made possible with dlcs, or even owning your own business altogether, but here I am dreaming maybe, there are so many possibilities, but your own business that brings in money would be a great idea! And I wouldn't be surprised if CPRD thinks about that sort of thing.

It isn't a dealbreaker for me but it's a letdown nonetheless. Also, agree that it's kinda immersion breaking. It'd make sense for V to own apartments in more costly areas the higher they rise in becoming a well established and famed mercenary up to a legendary certified badass.

Not saying we should own an apartment in every district or that we need customization but even simply starting with a relatively modest (if not dingy) two-room apartment and ending up in a luxurious\fancy-looking small mansion (after unlocking it by making the right decisions or simply progressing enough in the plot) would go also a long way to make players feel even more that they're "moving up" in Night City's society.
Post automatically merged:

You might if you were a mercenary with a price on your head and many, many people eager to find out where you live so they can kill you ;p

I mean, realistically speaking it's much better to have multiple hideouts\places that you own but not with your nametag on them for that. In Italy, mafia people who were hiding from the police would periodically cycle between the houses of affiliates or people who legally owned the houses but in reality were just something like custodians of their properties.

That's not even counting that, just in case your single secret hideout gets found out by anybody, it's always better to have some other place you can go instead.

Last edited:
I admit that I haven't read through all 34 pages. But this image was from the start of my current play through, back on the 10th. It does say 'safehouses'. I just reloaded a old savegame and snapped this last night, so it still says this in the 1.04 patch..

It also says vehicle and safehouse stashes are combined.

Did someone forget to edit this text?

StashInfo.jpg

I get that most people, including myself, like having lots of appartments, houses etc. But V is supposed to just be a mercenary with one "HQ" like of appartment. Most of the time we are not even at home (maybe if there would be activities to do, except looking through some info pages on the pc)

Actually you are able to use various appartments:
- You are able to use judys appartment, because of romance, but unfortunately you're not allowed or able to sleep there, which I find sad (should be added).
- I dunno if it's a bug or intended (which I'd find pretty cool), when you complete the Panam-Aldcaldo Storyline, where you get the motorcycle, you are able to not only drive with it, but access your safehouse inventory.
- You can also use the hotel/motel rooms that you paid for, if I remember correctly?!

Did someone forget to edit this text?
Apparently, I noticed this as well. Although, honestly, I like that we have the option of two different stashes. But as you said, this note is incorrect and leads to confusion.

Top Bottom