V will not have the ability to dual wield weapons in this game (confirmed by Marcin)

+
jeremy-clarkson-oh-no-anyway.jpg

In all seriousness, shame they didn’t/couldn’t implement dual wielding. I would’ve made it unlockable through a single-level perk. Or, heck, even a two-level perk: level one for small guns and level two for larger ones, Blazkowicz style, baby! :cool:...but with a big accuracy penalty, of course. Can’t have it all in life, kid!

However, I can’t say it’s a dealbreaker for me either.

While i think this comment was a white lie to keep that feature secret for launch given the V statue is doing it.

Dual-wielding pistols while possible is nor really effective or advisable for most people for you would have to be both ambidextrous and not really have a dominant eye. People like that are like .5 to 1% of the entire world population. Though in cyberpunk universe it probably be bit easier with cyber assisted aiming and what not in the off-hand. So that everything in that gun isnt just basically throwing money out door to no effect

Never been a big fan of dual wielding weapons but, wouldn't the Mantis blades be considered a "duel weapon"? I'm gonna be a little disappointed if I can't pull off some Raiden(MGS Series) type slice and dice moves.

Never been a big fan of dual wielding weapons but, wouldn't the Mantis blades be considered a "duel weapon"? I'm gonna be a little disappointed if I can't pull off some Raiden(MGS Series) type slice and dice moves.
like i said in my last post i think this was just a misdirection smoke n mirror thing so we surprised when it turns out to really be there. bit on the otherhand I think that the particular quite was talking more of firearms

Less and less features in the game.. first no car customization now this.
Why would you take away such fun elements from the game ??

If I'm building a character that ONLY uses pistols, dual wield should be a higher level option, especially for an RPG that let's me customize my junk.

IRL dual wielding is not impossible. The extra lead going downrange forces the target to take cover. The only thing impractical is reloading 2 empty pistols.

IRL dual wielding is not impossible. The extra lead going downrange forces the target to take cover. The only thing impractical is reloading 2 empty pistols.
I covered this earlier the reloading isnt the only issue with IRL aiming and accuracy with one in offhand is a problem as well for most people.

While i think this comment was a white lie to keep that feature secret for launch given the V statue is doing it.

Dual-wielding pistols while possible is nor really effective or advisable for most people for you would have to be both ambidextrous and not really have a dominant eye. People like that are like .5 to 1% of the entire world population. Though in cyberpunk universe it probably be bit easier with cyber assisted aiming and what not in the off-hand. So that everything in that gun isnt just basically throwing money out door to no effect

Dual wield in real life is probably hard to pull out right and that with pistols only, maybe some small smg to.
About Melee dual wield melee weapons are mostly done by using short sword and dagger or katana and wakizashi, long and short blade in combination, you would never use two long blade weapon to dual wield.

About CP2077, i think it would be interesting to see dual wield for pistols and smg, unlock from perks or skills.
For melee it depends if they have any short blade weapon in game.

I covered this earlier the reloading isnt the only issue with IRL aiming and accuracy with one in offhand is a problem as well for most people.
IRL, For most people I agree.
Practice helps, I suggest 10,000 rounds, you would be surprised how much better you become.

I agree this is going to be another one of those ""why cant i do it" situation similar to car customization. it may not be practical in rl but it is in games and movies. or the zombie apocalypse

Dual wielding looks cool and all but brutally hard. Anyone who ever been on a shooting range can tell that focusing aim on one gun is hard enough, two at once are almost impossible to use with any semblance of accuracy, not to mention issues with reloading.

Granted, cyberware might help with this issue but it's simply not practical.

Mehh... dual wielding isn't practical, and dual wielding pistols only look cool when Neo does it in the Matrix. That aside... if they include it in the game, you'll have a group of people complaining about it being unrealistic. If they don't include it, you now have people complaining about it not being there. No matter what they do, you will have someone complain about it.
While indeed it's not practical at all in real life, I can see how with cybernetic and mental enhancements you could make it feasible.

Eye enhancements - wider and sharper field of view, target tracking
Arm enhancements - better grip, aim and recoil control

You now have two gun barrels being able to deal punishment simultaneously at 2 targets that are wide apart and trying to flank you.

That being said, in gameplay terms, you can still aim at only one point.
You do however get a better rate of fire.

Last edited:
Another one bites the dust....

We have 3 more months for them to continue cutting features.
Post automatically merged:

Dual wielding has never made much sense to me, anyway. It looks weird, and can't possibly be that practical despite what games like to make it seem. Especially with guns or even just melee weapons bigger than a knife.

Are you really talking about practicality in video games? Especially a Cyberpunk game that tends to be exaggerated and over the top?

Sorry, but Cyberpunk 2077 is far from a game grounded in reality.

Top Bottom