V will not have the ability to dual wield weapons in this game (confirmed by Marcin)

+
I've never regarded dual wielding anything larger than knives as being practical. However, there are a lot of not practical things in video games. But it's not something I had any plans to use.

HOWEVER, it's disappointing to see yet another implied feature not make it into the game. In anticipation of the typical sycophantic ranting about "it was never promised!!!!!", please just ... whatever. There are enough images of the main character dual wielding that people who wanted it had every reason to expect it to be part of the game.

HOWEVER, it's disappointing to see yet another implied feature not make it into the game. In anticipation of the typical sycophantic ranting about "it was never promised!!!!!", please just ... whatever. There are enough images of the main character dual wielding that people who wanted it had every reason to expect it to be part of the game.

1. Don't call people sycophants. Really, just don't. It -was- never promised. Simple truth.

2. Keep in mind, that as many many things were added from what we saw in 2018 (like, much of the game) of course many things were taken away. No idea if D-W was ever on the table (I would bet it was, as it is in many action games) but even if so, the reason you see "Development In Progress" and such stamped everywhere is because it -is- in progress. Very much so.

Plans are not promises, it's development. The other option is to show nothing until it's all final. Sure, some people would be fine with that - and the thousands of others, many of whom asked repeatedly for news since 2012, on all media platforms, would prefer more data, not less.

It is a tendency to focus on the negative - this was cut! - as opposed to the positive, yet for all the things cut or simplified, consider what was built. They didn't have to have driving at all. Not really a big part of Cyberpunk campaigns or stories - cars are expensive and vulnerable. They didn't have to have such a huge city - could have gone for DX-like hubs. Character creator? Why not pick Scary Max-Tac Protagonist 1 and be done with it?

It goes on and on. Lots isn't in the game, but there is still a very large, very exciting game there!

No, a shotgun won't break your arm firing with one hand at all. That's nonsense, thanks Hollywood. You will probably miss though!

Alright, maybe not break your arm. However, the recoil will sling the weapon out of your hand and possibly into your face, if you don't have a strong grip. I've seen real life examples of this.

Alright, maybe not break your arm. However, the recoil will sling the weapon out of your hand and possibly into your face, if you don't have a strong grip. I've seen real life examples of this.

And I've done it for real and so have others. If you don't have a good grip, you shouldn't be firing any shoulder-arm one handed. You don't need a super grip, just a firm one. The recoil is not insane.

Would have been pretty cool to see some dual wielding for either guns or melee. Even if it isn't really practical, ain't real life but meh I never really did expect this feature, I don't see it a lot in games in general.

That being said, if other characters can do it then I would feel like "Then... why can't I?"

Amateurs, let's leave it at that.

Well, a sawed-off changes the recoil dynamic, especially without a pistol grip. Load type does as well. That makes it a very large handgun and if you fire something like a .454 one-handed, better be ready.

Regardless, that fellow was obviously ill-prepared to fire any sort of weapon. There are a couple other videos about one-handed sawed off shotgun firing, (one guy is stung by the recoil, one guy is unaffected), but yeah, it's much harder. Especially if you fire both barrels at once.

It's pretty fun, though, if you get a chance to do it. I really enjoy single-hand firing of pistols, for example. Different dynamic than proper modern grips. Also, of course, much harder to do accurately.

I'm not sure I've ever dual-wielded in real life...hrm. Have to think about that. Fast reloading would be a nightmare, heh.

I've dualwielded assault rifles. Boy is that an excercise in futility. :D

Well, hello there...

The figurerine is of the player character which would imply that it was something we could do. what you say about a figurine having it would be valid if was any other character. But when they put sprcifically the players character as one dual wielding in it.
We also have a figurine of Geralt with a traditional Japanese costume and a katana. I hope nobody is expecting a DLC with that?

That is honestly most stupid use of Mantis Blades, lets say Blades are sharp enough to go through solid concrete, are they strong enough to support your body weight? Mantis Blades come out from your forearm, it completly split your forearm apart so blades can come out even if blade are strong to pierce concrete and can support some extra weight, your elbow would suffer extrem pressure, that would not end well.

Sci-fi metal.

Sci-fi metal.

Lol i mean yeah sure they can say that, but still even if metal is strong and all your still flesh and bone :D I said all that since many people don't get that like in real life if you don't have strong back to support your arm you can't lift heavy objects.

Many mixup Cyberware and Exoskeleton

Rrrrrriiiiiiighhhhht.....because we can get mods for us to double jump but yet dual wielding is not practical?

Right, and can someone please explain to me why arguing for practicality is even relevant when there is a group of people whose motto is literally "style over substance"?

Rrrrrriiiiiiighhhhht.....because we can get mods for us to double jump but yet dual wielding is not practical?
1) Double jump has nothing to do with dual-wielding, AND I have never said it's a good thing (quite the opposite, even).
2) You are still ignoring my other point, which happens to be listed first because it is the main point.
3) I couldn't care less. I have my opinion, you're entitled to yours.
4) You're wasting your time, especially with such extremely weak arguments.

PS. Something that looks as ridiculous and weird as dual-wielding does not have style; it's just stupid. That whole argument "but it's about style over substance" is flawed because what is 'style' is subjective.

Last edited:
I find it so hilarious that people are debating the realism of dual-wielding in a game full of unrealistic abilities.
It's a feature for those close-combat moments where you just want to send as much lead flying as possible.
It's got nothing to do with practicality, it's the satisfaction it provides.

i feel like saying to cdred "just put it in the game already" and i can hear them saying "NO! NO!". jokes aside, i agree with codecypher on jackie with the car.

Top Bottom