v1.52 Internal Default Graphics Settings

+
Hey, This is an interesting one.
Rig is a 3770K OC'd to 4.7GHz 32MB Ram, 3080Ti (Nvidia Drivers v512.77)
Installed Windows 10 fresh, updated to 21H2, then installed Cyberpunk 2077 1.52 fresh.

Now this is an old system, so I'm not expecting much out of this, but launched the game and noticed the default Graphics settings was set to Ray Tracing Ultra and decided to run the benchmark. To my surprise, my results were 78.39 Avg FPS with Max FPS of 117.38 running at 3440x1440p.
Ran the benchmark a few more times to ensure it was not a fluke and got similar results.

Updated the Graphics settings to try to improve it, and the results had dropped to ~40-50 Avg FPS. No fiddling of graphics settings made any difference and comparing the default UserSettings.json file under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 to one with custom settings, I found that it didn't matter what I changed, the FPS would always drop. Tried setting it to Low and it looked crap, but still not seeing any improvements to the FPS.

So testing further I found that on launch, the UserSettings.json file is not written to the above directory, and both the benchmark and in game FPS is fairly high, while looking beautiful (about 55-60 FPS walking around a busy street).

Now here's the interesting part. While roaming about, I changed Motion Blur from High to Off, no other settings anywhere.
The moment I changed the setting, the UserConfig.json file was written to disk and my FPS tanked, dropping down to ~30-35FPS walking around on the same street.

So my question is, what are the internal default values set to inside the engine, before the UserConfig.json file is created?
I did notice that even though I only changed one setting (Motion Blur) the custom settings changed a few other things (Brightness,, Gamma, DLSS Auto (from Off)), but not sure how any if this would have such a huge impact on the FPS.

I've attached my results below and copies of the UserSettings.json files if anyone wants to take a look, but for now it seems that if I run the game with the default (non-existent UserSettings.json file) graphics settings I get really good performance with all the bells and whistles (or at the least the game looks really good)!

Regards,

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 - Benchmark 05.jpg
    Cyberpunk 2077 - Benchmark 05.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 69
  • default UserSettings.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Motion Blur Off - UserSettings.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - Benchmark 06.jpg
    Cyberpunk 2077 - Benchmark 06.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 65