Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I play Skellige Axemen and don't give a damn

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vabjorn is OP

Nerf it pls. I play MR weather with foglets and this card doesn't kill my foglets, but is still annoying. I have never faced any player who uses Vabjorn, but I'm sure that's because it's secret meta which would reveal itself only in important matches like Gwent Challenger finals, so CDPR should nerf Vabjorn before it happens. Thanks.

Besides revisiting the definition of OP, you are starting to complain about possible potential threads which may happen in situations that you haven't even encountered yet? Damn, that's definitely some else entirely from all the souls being tormented by weather, bears, Peter and whatnot. At least you've picked an interesting card. Please enlighten me in which situation this card truly shines? Because I don't see it. If you have weather on the board, the opponent's units will die anyhow. And other than weather, I don't see a consistent way of bringing units to exactly 2 strength.

My theory is that sund_F recently received Vabjorn in a chest and would like to receive full scraps when milling him.

On a more serious note, Vabjorn might be ok in an Axeman deck if they remove the requirement that Harald needs to kill units to reuse his ability. As it is now, I don't see a good use for him, although I would like to get him in a keg to see if I can get him to work. I'm definitely not going to spend 800 scraps on him when there are so many other good cards I still need, though.

i really hope that OP is being sarcastic... Vabjorn is one of the weakest, if not THE weakest golds in the game, definetly in line for a buff.

No he isn't.

You're basically playing a meta deck (and I bet, net decking) and come winning about a useless gold card, probably the worst of SK? Really?

I'm glad Vabjorn is hard countering fog decks. They need a hard counter.

Last edited:
Jotun35;n8944770 said:
No he isn't.

You're basically playing a meta deck (and I bet, net decking) and come winning about a useless gold card, probably the worst of SK? Really?

I'm glad Vabjorn is hard countering fog decks. They need a hard counter.

funny thing is that Vabjorn doesn't do anything vs weather monsters^^

but i'm pretty sure OP is being sarcastic... (i hope^^)

I've been using Vabjorn a little bit recently and he's actually a really good card when you're running an Axeman deck, he's not OP or particularly underpowered, I think there just need to be more cards that work in his favour on the Skellige side.

If you use him in tow with using Archers + Axemen it can work really well for you against a trio of units that have a power of 2 - 3.

Best thing is to be a bit creative with him and add as many damaging cards to your deck as you can.

I never see any Vabjorn in high mmr bracket. Even tho in paper the card sound amazing but in reality it's very hard to get a card down to 2 health, could happen in monster deck but it's never going to happen in any other deck. And Yen Con is way more powerful than Vabjorn and in place of Vabjorn you could get Renew to get another Yen Con.

Btw the card was so weak that i forgot about its existence and need to search Vabjorn in google to see its effect lol.

And pretty sure OP is being sarcastic :/

Are monsters players really complaining about another faction's fringe/meme card being too strong? What do you think about Woodland Spirit there op?

I hope the topic creator is actually joking. Vabjorn truly needs a buff (I have a couple of ideas about his buffs), and I think most people would agree. He is already an interesting unit, and they just need to make him more competitive and worth a gold slot. He should be one of the top gold cards to support the Axemen deck in Skellige.

Vabjorn has failed as a gold in almost every match i have encountered him in.

When he did what he was meant to do, it wasen't that effective either.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I recently got Vabjorn (actually Premium Vabjorn on a Keg), on my quest for collecting all Skellige cards (achieved today, yay!). I use him on my Harald deck and he really is weak, probably Top 3 Worst Golds cards in the game, since Skellige already has so many ways to do serious damage.

In fact, i usually get into trouble with that deck because i already destroyed all or most of the cards on opponent's side and Harald's ability goes to waste, im so glad he's getting changed, maybe he'll go back to being my favourite Leader like he was in CB.

(P.S. - the OP is clearly being sarcastic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom