Valentine’s Day Celebration Begins!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

A new Challenge is here! Team Triss? Team Yennefer? Or perhaps Team Shani? Take to the battlefield before February 21st, 11:59 AM CET, to help settle this epic Witcher-world conundrum, claiming Rewards Points and a unique player title along the way!

New Products in the Shupe shop! We have 3 new cardback for each team and a new skin for Dana Meadbh!

Charming Bundle:

Can't decide which of GWENT's charming new cardbacks, each inspired by a Witcher world heroine, to get? With the Charming Bundle you can get all three — for the price of two! This special offer is available only until February 21st, 11:59 AM CET.

Dana Meadbh Love Goddess skin:

Take command with an aura of love and divinity with this new leader skin for Dana Meadbh! Available in Shupe’s shop right now for 1600 Meteorite Powder. This special offer is available only until March 3rd, 11:59 AM CET.

Wow! Beautiful Card Backs!
Was waiting for epic cardbacks to drop since you showed us a couple in December. You can have my money CDPR :)

Well, well, well, I'm delighted to see dear Shani has received her due place amongst the Teams! Long live Shani!

As a member of her faction, however, I should point out a small but significant detail, which was pointed out to me some time ago -- and likely which some of you have already noticed as well. Shani does not, in fact, wear Hermes' Caduceus, the winged, double-serpent insignia, but instead the single serpent of the rod of Asclepius (or Aesculapius), the true symbol of the medic. The former is quite commonly mistaken for the latter, as we see again on this new cardback.

Fun fact: The Witcher III's developers made a similar mix-up on Shani's pendant in the first release of Hearts of Stone; however-- no doubt as the result a community comment -- they changed her necklace to the proper token in a later patch.

Before:
1581692131308.png

After:
1581692080226.png

There you have it, friends -- a friendly Witcher lore nitpick. You're welcome. Happy Valentine's Day, Team Shani!

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Well, well, well, I'm delighted to see dear Shani has received her due place amongst the Teams! Long live Shani!

As a member of her faction, however, I should point out a small but significant detail, which was pointed out to me some time ago -- and likely which some of you have already noticed as well. Shani does not, in fact, wear Hermes' Caduceus, the winged, double-serpent insignia, but instead the single serpent of the rod of Asclepius (or Aesculapius), the true symbol of the medic. The former is quite commonly mistaken for the latter, as we see again on this new cardback.

Fun fact: The Witcher III's developers made a similar mix-up on Shani's pendant in the first release of Hearts of Stone; however-- no doubt as the result a community comment -- they changed her necklace to the proper token in a later patch.

Before:
View attachment 11030534
After:
View attachment 11030531

There you have it, friends -- a friendly Witcher lore nitpick. You're welcome. Happy Valentine's Day, Team Shani!
It’s so lovely and pleasant to see you here dear @Riven-Twain!! I didn’t know this lore about Shani (or realise this) even though I had read all the books and played all the games Witcher 1, 2, and 3.. Thanks for that!

It’s so lovely and pleasant to see you here dear @Riven-Twain!! I didn’t know this lore about Shani (or realise this) even though I had read all the books and played all the games Witcher 1, 2, and 3.. Thanks for that!
Ay, just a brief holiday visit, since, after all, Shani is one of my favourite characters. You're welcome about the lore, though I deserve little credit there. I merely carry on a wee tradition from elder days.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

DRK3

Forum veteran
Team Triss, always (even got her 'Dark Horse' figure last year, to keep company to my Geralt)

And its really nice to get skins available for meteorite powder. By any chance are the cardbacks also available for MP? If not, could you please do it in the future?

Where is the option for both Yen and Triss (and Shani)? Haha...

I thought I hit the jackpot, but it was a bummer building up as a jackpot. But then again, it gave me the best ending to Blood and Wine;)

Hey guys, I'm a casual Gwent player adn was attracted to the event by newsletter. However, I don't know how to become a part of one's team. Do i need to buy a cardback to vote for one? Asking before previously, where you had for instance Monsters vs Scoiatael it's easy to choose right after you log in to the game. TIA!

You should be prompted to make a choice (normally after login).

Perhaps if you try to go to the shop and play a game or some things like that it will trigger. I think I got it after a game or two, not when I logged in.

Or maybe log out and log in again.

Hey guys, I'm a casual Gwent player adn was attracted to the event by newsletter. However, I don't know how to become a part of one's team. Do i need to buy a cardback to vote for one? Asking before previously, where you had for instance Monsters vs Scoiatael it's easy to choose right after you log in to the game. TIA!
If the option doesn't automatically pop up, you can find it in your quests tab with your daily quests and participate from there.

Thanks guys but none of these options worked for me.
I played a game.
Visited the store.
Logged out and back in.
I don't even see the event on the quests list, I do however see it on the welcome screen but clicking the news doesn't open anything.
Is there any level restriction? I used to lpay Gwent on console but since it's not supported anymore I created PC account, finished tutorial and only started playing classic online duels.

Last edited:
Top Bottom