Valuable jewelry should not be flagged as 'JUNK'

+
Someone somewhere else thought that only things flagged as junk should be auto-deconstructed. I think that's a fair idea but it does make the perk useless also... Perhaps you could set a cut-off value "If its worth $50 then I wants my precious".

Valuable jewelry should not be flagged as 'JUNK', since the Scrapper Perk automatically deconstructs it.
Jewelry should have its own 'VALUABLES' category.
I saw the perk that auto scraps junk, and immediately chose to avoid it for this one reason.

SCRAPPER is horribly implemented. What should have been a welcome quality of life perk, works AGAINST the purpose of making the loot/craft grind less frustrating.

Two fixes:
1. Make valuable junk into its own category.
Or,
2. Make valuable junk break down into epic/legendary components (preferably).

Improvements:
1. A second tier of the SCRAPPER perk to handle hydration + nutrition items either by allowing both to be broken down into components or better yet, make them break them down into water and cat food for instance.
2. Third tier to handle trash weapons + armor somehow.

Like a lot of other people seem to have done, the junk scrapping perk was one I got almost as my first perk because it sounded useful to avoid inventory management tedium. I had no idea that things that had real value would be labelled as "junk" and, once I realised, had to spend a good deal of time raising enough money to get the perk resetting tool from a ripperdoc.

Would it not make sense to put the valuable junk in a separate inventory category called "valuables" or something? Having to junk everything by hand is an incredible chore, but losing all the $750 value items so that you can do it automatically is crazy.

To be real, I think this is an example of yet another oversight. No one in their right mind wants to auto-dissassemble 750 EUR$ items in a game where getting eddies is really f*cking hard without resorting to exploits or whatnot.

Top Bottom