Valve offering paid mods

+
Yes this was a victory for the mighty Master Race.

Still, I do not think we should just forgive Valve and Bethesda. We should not just cut them slack. We should remain vigilant. Valve and Bethesda said they won't be trying this for Skyrim but who's to say they won't try it on a new Fallout game or a new Elder Scrolls game ?

Plus Steam has lots of problems. Poor customer support, poor refund policies, Greenlight, Early Access, etc...

The main reason Valve and Bethesda decided to try this stunt was because they, especially Valve, hold such a large monopoly on PC gaming. PC gamers should and must diversify to other distributors. We need to have more competition and keep Valve on their toes, so to speak.

The same goes for Bethesda as well. Their base game, their unmodded games has been getting progressively worse. Bad UI, bugs, glitches, etc.

So we have to stay vigilant.

Yes this was a victory for the mighty Master Race.

Still, I do not think we should just forgive Valve and Bethesda. We should not just cut them slack. We should remain vigilant. Valve and Bethesda said they won't be trying this for Skyrim but who's to say they won't try it on a new Fallout game or a new Elder Scrolls game ?

Plus Steam has lots of problems. Poor customer support, poor refund policies, Greenlight, Early Access, etc...

The main reason Valve and Bethesda decided to try this stunt was because they, especially Valve, hold such a large monopoly on PC gaming. PC gamers should and must diversify to other distributors. We need to have more competition and keep Valve on their toes, so to speak.

The same goes for Bethesda as well. Their base game, their unmodded games has been getting progressively worse. Bad UI, bugs, glitches, etc.

So we have to stay vigilant.

I read it very much as them realising there were problems on an existing game with a huge mod community that already had a certain way of working. It could happen again with the new Bethesda games, I think it'll depend how much they expect the existing community to move onto the new games. It would be easier with a fresh start.

I read it very much as them realising there were problems on an existing game with a huge mod community that already had a certain way of working. It could happen again with the new Bethesda games, I think it'll depend how much they expect the existing community to move onto the new games. It would be easier with a fresh start.

Exactly. Their wording of it sounds just like that. They might try this on Elder Scrolls 6 or Fallout 4. Like Witchers who are vigilant of monsters...Like Grey Wardens who are vigilant of Darkspawn...We the Master Race should be vigilant of potential future shenanigans...

Exactly. Their wording of it sounds just like that. They might try this on Elder Scrolls 6 or Fallout 4. Like Witchers who are vigilant of monsters...Like Grey Wardens who are vigilant of Darkspawn...We the Master Race should be vigilant of potential future shenanigans...

If they do it right, I don't see any problem with the concept of paid mods. The problem this time was that they totally fucked it up.

We just need to watch out:

Capitalists gather, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die while I post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the webz. I am the shield that guards the realms of gamers. I pledge my life and honor to the mighty PC master race, for this night and all the nights to come.

:horse:

;)

I think it'd be nearly suicidal to try this again even with a new Fallout or Elder Scrolls game. Those two franchises already had pretty solid modding communities before Skyrim came along. They'll likely try this with another IP.

But donations or pay-what-you-will should be the way to go.

We just need to watch out:

Capitalists gather, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die while I post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the webz. I am the shield that guards the realms of gamers. I pledge my life and honor to the mighty PC master race, for this night and all the nights to come.

:horse:

;)

That sounds like the vow of Templair Knights

The Night's Watch from Game of Thrones ( / A song of ice and fire). ;)

Then Georgie is well awared about the vow of this Order. :p

BTW I've not seen GoT series, I missed the 2 first seasons, then. And now I'm not really interested.

Last edited:
Top Bottom