Vampire Bloodlines 2 Thread - All We Know So Far. Chat!

+
No gangrel right out the gate makes me sad because it was my favorite clan in BL1 (dat warform), hopefully it gets added later as free dlc.

No gangrel right out the gate makes me sad because it was my favorite clan in BL1 (dat warform), hopefully it gets added later as free dlc.

Ah, but you saw you can get Mist Form and/or Bat abilities-Summon Bats?

So you get two of the cooler Protean disciplines as a thin blood already.

The whole thing feels -very- Bloodlines 1 with updated graphics. Quite pleased. Never expected this, grateful to have it.

The whole thing feels -very- Bloodlines 1 with updated graphics. Quite pleased. Never expected this, grateful to have it.

Yea, the newest gameplay video was the best yet. Some nice sneaking mechanics, insta-kills etc.

The rest is serviceable, looks good enough to be believable. The fact that it's first person means it's better when you play it than when you watch it anyway.

Yea, the newest gameplay video was the best yet. Some nice sneaking mechanics, insta-kills etc.

The rest is serviceable, looks good enough to be believable. The fact that it's first person means it's better when you play it than when you watch it anyway.

I quite liked watching it. Still not sure on the flip-over-and-hit-them silliness. Looks not great. And that outfit! Yi! Is it a Bloodlines tradition that the clothes/armour is meh? Other than the Malkavian in BL1, because STYLE.

In general, this looks like what I hoped for from Bloodlines 2 - what made BL1 great, again.

Now picking a clan, sigh. CHOICES. Tremere are cool, but, you know, the Pyramid, the whole caste system, ugh. Brujah are powerful, but thugs. Venture really need to be on fire. Malkavians are interesting but also annoying to play. Torries are potent, but so..Torrie.

Maybe see some gameplay previews first, see how cool Dominate and Dementation are. Might be worth it.

It's certainly leaps and bounds better than the E3 demo we saw. I'm not convinced it's worth the current asking price but I will certainly grab it when the price drops a bit.

Just finished watching the gameplay video. Not sure what people are complaining about. It has Bloodlines 1 feeling to it. That's very good!
Post automatically merged:

It's Brian Mitsoda. One of the leads of the game (also one of the leads on the first game).

Yeah, I figured the voice sounded very familiar :)

Not sure what people are complaining about. It has Bloodlines 1 feeling to it. That's very good!

Likewise.

Don't see much to complain about when keeping in mind what the game is a sequel to.

Someone might say the characters look much less lively than the previously with Source engine and the night club song is an embarrassing far cry from what you heard in the first game (I've actually heard these being said), but nah... That's genuine, honest and unapologetic nitpicking to the core.

Damn the first one is such a gem but sadly it was released on a wrong date.The game looks like bloodlines 1 just with improved graphics so i think they try to wanna catch up the feeling from the original....what is a great idea the only worries i have is it’s sadly a new studio(troika miss ya:()and i hope they put not that much of their own political views in it and let players decide which view they wanna prefer because some people are worried about one of the main writers

Ah, but you saw you can get Mist Form and/or Bat abilities-Summon Bats?

So you get two of the cooler Protean disciplines as a thin blood already.

Protean was the one that gives the claws and then eventually the warform wasn't it? Animalisim let you throw bugs and wolves and stuff but I don;t think they ever had bat or mist powers. The thinblood powers do look cool though, I'm def taking the bats.

Also, I finally got around to watching the video and the return of the ridiculous dance makes me so happy.

Protean was the one that gives the claws and then eventually the warform wasn't it? Animalisim let you throw bugs and wolves and stuff but I don;t think they ever had bat or mist powers.

You're thinking of BL the CRPG. I'm talking about Protean from the PnP. They didn't implement turn to bat or Mist Form in BL1 because too problematic. Was hoping for better this game...and sort of got it? Just as thin blood.

Animalism lets you summon animals and talk to them, yeah.

Top Bottom