Vampire Bloodlines 2 Thread - All We Know So Far. Chat!

+
VtM Redemption for example stressed higher humanity more than Bloodlines. To get the good ending there, you basically had to avoid losing humanity.

Bloodlines didn't really put much emphasis on it. I hope they'll make it more important in Bloodlines 2. And thinblood character is kind of a hint they could.

Last edited:
VtM Redemption for example stressed higher humanity more than Bloodlnes. To get the good ending there, you basically had to avoid losing humanity.
Very cool. I never played Redemption, but perhaps I should.

I'll be curious to see how well the concept is handled here.

Is going full vampire going to be the "obvious" or forced choice? Are there story-related incentives for staying mostly human (perhaps the previously-mentioned reward of returning to mortality at the end of the game)? Perhaps my (first) character doesn't want anything to do with vampirism at all. Will that be recognized by the game on some level?

I say story-related because I recognize that I'll be playing at a distinct disadvantage compared to others; which I'm fine with.

So many questions. Excited to see the answers, though I know interviewers will not ask them.

EDIT: Side note, I'm amazed that IGN managed to write an entire article about a game without actually mentioning anything about the "lengthy" demo they saw. Didn't tell us what happened, what gameplay mechanics were shown off, how the game plays, nothing.

Very cool. I never played Redemption, but perhaps I should.

Definitely play it. It differs from Bloodlines in mechanics (you control a coterie of characters most of the time and it's third person view). But the story is great and unlike Bloodlines spans both Dark Ages and Modern Nights. I'd argue, the story in Redemption is even better than in Bloodlines.

You can get the game on GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/vampire_the_masquerade_redemption

Last edited:
From what the developers said, it will fail hard.
Won't be touching it with a single finger. And i loved the first one.

There have been certain themes in the air that can have a repelling effect.

In a way I’m not surprised (nor unsympathetic... to an extent) that there is some opposition.

It's just too much speculation now. I hope Paradox have enough sense not to ruin the game, and they probably get enough feedback on this.

Yea, you start out at the bottom of the food chain. Dosen't mean you'll stay there for long though.

To be fair same was with VtmB, but at least there you was well full vampir, the thing is when you can play as vampire you expect to be fucking vampire not some by product.

To be fair same was with VtmB, but at least there you was well full vampir, the thing is when you can play as vampire you expect to be fucking vampire not some by product.

Fair enough, i can agree with the sentiment.

However the Thinblood start does not exclude obtaining power comparable or even greater than full vampires. Or even becoming a full vampire, clan and all, is what I'm saying. If anything it add a bit more drama to your story than otherwise.

I can understand why some might be frustrated with the whole "start as a thinblood" thing. I'm not bothered, personally. I like the idea of progressing your powers and then later choosing a clan whose actions/beliefs (or just cool powers) align with what you want.

Presumably, they will be more "Factions" this time around than they were before, so maybe it'll be beneficial to get to know each of them prior to making the big choice.

It's just too much speculation now. I hope Paradox have enough sense not to ruin the game, and they probably get enough feedback on this.

Pretty much this. No sense in writing the game off this early on.

Yeah, there is a lot of jumping to conclusion going around, but experience also suggests that Murphy’s law often applies when there’s too much optimism, hype and ”wait and see” mentality.

I'm just glad to see more 1st/3rd person RPGs in the works, with the likes of Bioware and Bethesda in their current state. I enjoy isometric RPGs as well, often even more so, but they don't scratch quite the same itch. Cyberpunk 2077, The Outer Worlds, and Bloodlines 2 promise a nice selection, even if not all of them end up being hits. And with almost every RPG forcing you to roleplay a badass murder machine, I like that all three of them have at least hinted towards alternatives.

I'm just glad to see more 1st/3rd person RPGs in the works, with the likes of Bioware and Bethesda in their current state. I enjoy isometric RPGs as well, often even more so, but they don't scratch quite the same itch. Cyberpunk 2077, The Outer Worlds, and Bloodlines 2 promise a nice selection, even if not all of them end up being hits. And with almost every RPG forcing you to roleplay a badass murder machine, I like that all three of them have at least hinted towards alternatives.
Couldn't agree more, with all of this. Especially the bit about alternatives to being a badass murder machine. Even the best Bioware games are mostly combat.

Now, if only The Outer Worlds was coming to GoG...

I'm looking forward to seeing more about Vampire. My guess is they've been working on this for quite a while (longer than they're letting on, I mean), just keeping it under wraps.

I can understand why some might be frustrated with the whole "start as a thinblood" thing. I'm not bothered, personally. I like the idea of progressing your powers and then later choosing a clan whose actions/beliefs (or just cool powers) align with what you want.

Progressing your power is fine and good, but from rulebooks thin-bloods are limited, you cannot learn disciplines the normal way you need to drink potion to have one ability temporarily, if i progressing my power i don't want to be limited to one temporarily ability.

Also, to join clan later just to get one ability from them that is probably also temporarily, why join Malkevian for example if your character is not one and don't get all the pro and con of that clan, best part of VtmB was clans and how your character was different, Malkevian way of talk was best the voices you can hear all add to that unique feel.

I see meany people on steam or VtmB reddit attack people who are not pleas with thin-blood MC,this is rpg, and developers say you are not full vampire but you make your way to the top, why you want that all is given to you on a plate, no one want anything on a plate, in first VtmB you start as vampire but you are weak you level up you progress your power and make your way to the top just in any RPG, but this sound like if some developers come and say we make warhammer 40k game, where you start as low imperial guard and you rise to the top and you end up like space marine, that is not how thing works.

Nice to know the protagonist isn't voiced. It's probably done for practical reasons (clans, genders, it will be a nightmare to voice them all), but I personally never considered it a flaw in cases when a character is created from scratch. Voiced protagonist held the idea back. It also tells us that the game won't be cinematic. With a silent protagonist you can't do many cutscenes.

The devs seem pretty excited about the combat. I wonder if they will allow the campaign to be finished without a single fight. It would be nice to talk your way through the plot.

Also, to join clan later just to get one ability from them that is probably also temporarily, why join Malkevian for example if your character is not one and don't get all the pro and con of that clan, best part of VtmB was clans and how your character was different, Malkevian way of talk was best the voices you can hear all add to that unique feel.

Thinbloods CAN become Malkavian, yes, "insanity" and all, also Nosferatu, Tzimitce, Sabbat, etc.

Top Bottom