Vampire Bloodlines 2 Thread - All We Know So Far. Chat!

+
I cautiously excited.

Too many games lately have turned out to be something entirely different then what was expected (Fallout 76, Command & Conquer) so I'll be thrilled that maybe, MAYBE, we'll get a "real" Bloodlines 2, but I'm not preordering.

Omg this is amazing news. I'm really hoping this will not flop or be greedily monetized. VtmB had such amazing storytelling and atmosphere and to see it modernized has got me as excited for it as I am for 2077. Malkavians ftw

I have to be honest: I wish they'd gone with a more established studio. In the Q&A they said they started as a team of 15 people, but never stated if they grew beyond that.

Fortunately they didn't.

Why? Because at first Bloodlines 2 was never in PDX's intentions when they aquired the IP. It was only through the insistance of the dev team at Hardsuit Labs (co-owned by PDX) that it became a possibility and after they pitched PDX and showed them their vision for the game (built at the expense of the dev studio's own time and money, very much a do or die situation) that it became the reality we see now. Something that even for them was impossible UNTIL the co-owners of the studio aquired the IP.

That is usually how games outside the corporate driven "orders" projects happen. The Witcher series, KOTOR, Metro etc.. all sprang from the dev's desire to bring to life worlds they deeply cared about. And i wouldn't want it any other way. No, if there's anything people should worry about is PDX's grubby little hands messing up this and that (DON'T YOU F#^$ING DARE PDX!).

In short, it's the result of passion, hard work and love for the IP. I couldn't ask for anything more or think about anyone better suited to do it. I said it before, but give some real fans the opportunity to do something they love, and they will shed sweat, blood and tears to do it right.

And yes, i'm pretty sure they are well above that number now, and only going to grow larger.

Last edited:
I agree that studio size is not as critical as how good the creators are. Being established also isn't a guarantee, but I'm surprised they didn't work with Obsidian on this one.

Regarding WOD, I wish they'd also make a game set in the Dark Ages. Redemption is really good in its own way. But I guess nothing stops them from making more games in the future. This is a really great start.
Post automatically merged:

Is there any info on what game engine they are using in VtM Bloodlines 2?
Post automatically merged:

According to Paradox, the game will take place 15 years after events in Bloodlines 1.

Last edited:
I'm watching! Bloodlines is a game I went back to a few times. Loving the down-to-earth look of the design.

This is great news, a big surpirese I'm so excited!
15 years waiting for a sequel to a legendary game, continue the story in that dark city

it seems ths game literally came bac from the dead

I'm a glass half full kind off guy. I know the problems that plagued the first game, so I'm seeing this as a chance to see what they can do without Activision dragging them down. It's great that they have some of the original talent returning and the PR is focused on fans of the original which helps boost my confidence in this project further.

Or maybe the sudden hype is clouding my judgement... Screw it, I think I will pre-order from GoG.

If they are using Unreal engine, modding is kind of expected, since Unreal tools are quite easily available. CDPR were bitten with lack of modding tools due to using their own engine and not really working on good tools for everyone outside. Time will tell if they'll fix this situation for CP2077.

Forum veteran
Hardsuit Labs is based in Seattle, too, and their previous game (a free-to-play multiplayer shooter) seems like it was loved before the servers went down. Sounds like Bloodlines 2 could be an accurate portrayal of the setting with good gunplay, which is something the original didn't really have.

A little worried by the clans thing, though. Weren't all of the clans in the original, either playable or referenced? Kind of makes me wonder if this is being rushed out the door before the new consoles hit.

Hardsuit Labs is based in Seattle, too, and their previous game (a free-to-play multiplayer shooter) seems like it was loved before the servers went down. Sounds like Bloodlines 2 could be an accurate portrayal of the setting with good gunplay, which is something the original didn't really have.

Ironically it seems gunplay won't play a big part in the combat. It's more melee-vamp powers focused.

Think I might just get the standard + season of the wolf, not really looking for all the other bells and whistles. Still not sure if going with GOG or PS4 ... It's also interesting that the season pass has such a explicit werewolf theme to it.

Top Bottom