Vampire Bloodlines 2 Thread - All We Know So Far. Chat!

+
I find it kind of interesting the story edition is called 'Blood Moon' edition, just like the description of a certain card in the reveal section :D

Think I might just get the standard + season of the wolf, not really looking for all the other bells and whistles. Still not sure if going with GOG or PS4 ... It's also interesting that the season pass has such a explicit werewolf theme to it.

It's also a little strange they made preorders available on the PC before making the system requirements known:confused:

But i guess that's Paradox for ya..

"In particular, it is prohibited to ... write about political and world-view topics; this does not apply to discussions about fictional topics connected with the worlds depicted in the CDPR products ..."

So let's just move on.

I remember getting into heated (and rule-breaking) discussions about it in the past, so I've learned my lesson this time. Bottom line - if the game is good, I'll be playing it.

I plan to pre-order the game, but I'm open to canceling it if the gameplay clips (whenever that comes out) aren't up to scratch. That's my first, second, and third priority; fun and engaging gameplay.

I'm surprised at how much this announcement intrigues me, considering my enjoyment of the first one came with so many qualifications. I guess I see this as a chance to iterate upon the first lackluster execution of a solid concept. I like that one of the panelists made a cheeky comment about sewers; that plus the comments about updating the franchise for 2019 makes me hopeful that they're aware of what needs improvement.

And who knows, if this does well, we might see adaptations of other WoD rulebooks. Changeling: the Lost is a longtime favorite of mine, and its weirder vibe would allow for a lot of narrative and mechanical experimentation — if Bloodlines 2 can set up a solid base.

I have never played this game but i have watched a couple of play thru`s on You Tube so i am interested.

Excited here as well. One of the things I always enjoyed about the WoD was the flexibility it afforded in telling stories. They could be totally murder-hobo oriented or deeply inimate and personal.

I hope this succeeds, as I would love to see WRAITH supported in the years ahead.

Oh come on.. even the first Bloodlines game had politics and I don't mean in-lore Masquerade politics, but real world politics.. and they aren't going to take away sexy girls from this game, as one of the writers Cara Ellison understands that sexiness is an important part of the Vampire:Masquerade world
You can read her views on Vampire Bloodlines in her articles on RockPaperShotgun website:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/06/20/s-exe-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-part-1/
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/10/24/vampire-masquerade-sex-e/

This is THE announcement I wanted to see. So let's raise blood bags to that.

Good to see Mitsoda is involved. I felt his brand of humor and writing was a huge part of the original game.

Let's see if the game lives up to the legacy.
Post automatically merged:

Also, good luck finding an art director like Leonard Boyarsky in his prime. Based on screens and CGI, they likely failed to find one.

Last edited:
How can ya'll pre-order without seeing gameplay? Or getting more specific info? They're a completely new developer. It's not like pre-ordering from CDPR where you know they have 12+ years of experience and good will. i don't get it.

Excited here as well. One of the things I always enjoyed about the WoD was the flexibility it afforded in telling stories. They could be totally murder-hobo oriented or deeply inimate and personal.
Sometimes doing a decent job of adapting that aspect of the tabletop is what made the first one pop for me; the gameplay proper was clunky and the writing unremarkable. I'm worried they might not keep that aspect of it and make it relentlessly action-driven, and news on that front is what I'm looking forward to the most.

I hope this succeeds, as I would love to see WRAITH supported in the years ahead.
It's good to know everyone has their favorites. I kind of get the impression that pop culture's love/hate relationship with vampires has been receding into irrelevance. The Vampire games — tabletop or digital — always struck me as exactly what you would expect from the phrase "urban fantasy vampire RPG," and so fed right into that zeitgeist, but now that it's passed I wonder how they will manage.

How can ya'll pre-order without seeing gameplay? Or getting more specific info? They're a completely new developer. It's not like pre-ordering from CDPR where you know they have 12+ years of experience and good will. i don't get it.

I pre-order a company's games until they prove unworthy of the trust. I see it as an extra reward for companies I like, or if I think they have potential (as is the case here, being that they nailed the theme).

Plus, you can just cancel it and get your money back before release if the gameplay looks like crud.

They didn't show even a second of gameplay, but they're already selling Bloodlines 1 fan service...

Hopefully we'll get some actual gameplay this E3!

Also i wonder how exactly will PDX give players more clans after release. How will adding more clans to the game work if at the start you can't pick one and only later you kinda choose who to align. If they add more clans later, how will those clans be represented in the initial relase,how they will integrate the different clans to the story and if they're not, then how will they release clans without a whole chunk of other content which can't really be free. I reaaaaly hope they don't thin and stretch this game to make it endless dlc compatible.

Expansions à la Blood and Wine are, of course, awesome if they plan on doing them.

Also, do we know what engine the game will be running on? I'm assuming Unreal Engine 4?

I'm thinking it specifically means playable clans and not clans within the game. Like the Lasambra (or maybe all Sabbat) clans could be represented within the game but not be playable clans right from the beginning. All in all, it would just add more replayablitiy later..

If they go the route of the first game where some of the playable clans ( i.e. Nosferatu, Malkavian) can make the game experience extremely different it would give them more time to write /record specialized dialogue or situations in for that playable clan. All in all, it's probably something just to add more excitement for later and keep interest in the game alive for longer (hopefully.) Since they've stated these added clans will be free.. I don't really see much problem with it. (other than if my favorite clan was not available to play right out of the box which would make me sad.

Definitely not pre-ordering until I see actual game play and it gets waaaay closer to release. If I pre-order a game at all it's always just a couple of days before release. The pre-order being available already does feel a bit on the shady side. I'm a fan.. but not that big of a fan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom