Vampire Bloodlines 2 Thread - All We Know So Far. Chat!

+
I get what you're saying. To me, it makes more sense they would choose to go that way. This isn't to say i hope or think it's going to be more streamlined, i'd rather reserve any judgment on the mechanics, until, well, i know what those mechanics are.

Reducing or removing guns from skill options could be offset by expanding on the melee options. In the first you had 5 levels in firearms, 5 levels in melee.... that's it. Take away firearms and expand on melee and you'd have an RPG that's melee focused, true, but much more in-depth melee focused.

That's how i like to see it.
Yeah, fair enough. If it's less a cut feature and more a "remove guns, make melee better" (obviously, guns aren't being "Removed" but you know what I mean), I can accept that. I definitely hope that's the case.

I read the RPG preview, which I don't think is linked in the OP, and it says this:

To me, that implies firearms are definitely in. The whole article's full of promising information, so I highly recommend it.

I will check the article as I hadn't yet, but I wasn't implying guns wouldn't be in the game, but rather expressing disappointment that they aren't being given any focus. I.E., as Sard says in the OP, they'll be a "use em, toss em" type of thing similar to Mirror's Edge - they won't be weapons you can reliably carry around with you as an alternative to melee.

I prefer melee anyway, but the thought still irked me if it was streamlining. If it's not and it's a design decision intended to give more focus/resources to melee, that's fine.

This forum has a weird layout.

This thread is in the "Other Games" section but it shows up on the main "Hot Topics" page because it is a damn hot topic!

[must remember to quote posts before sneaky edits are made]
It's in Hot Topics because topics in Community Subforum, which includes "other games," show up in all the other subforum (Cyberpunk, GWENT, & The Witcher 3) hot topics.

Some users are here because of interest in a specific game (GWENT or Cyberpunk mostly these days), but there are community topics that are of some relevance to everyone in the community. Thus community threads show up in all the Hot Topics for all the subforums ... if the threads are hot.

It's in Hot Topics because topics in Community Subforum, which includes "other games," show up in all the other subforum (Cyberpunk, GWENT, & The Witcher 3) hot topics.

Some users are here because of interest in a specific game (GWENT or Cyberpunk mostly these days), but there are community topics that are of some relevance to everyone in the community. Thus community threads show up in all the Hot Topics for all the subforums ... if the threads are hot.
It's always a hot topic when I'm around. :cool:

i'm so sorry.

How can ya'll pre-order without seeing gameplay? Or getting more specific info? They're a completely new developer. It's not like pre-ordering from CDPR where you know they have 12+ years of experience and good will. i don't get it.

I don't get pre-orders in general. It's one thing to crowdfund something - developers need the money to make the game. I'd gladly do it for promising games that I like. Here they are funded by the publisher, so why pre-order anything? I'll buy the game when it will come out.
Post automatically merged:

This game seems to have his fandom eh?

Quite an active one. Bloodlines still gets community patches from Wesp5, which are even included in GOG release (regular patch, there is also a plus one).
Post automatically merged:

Is this Beckett by the way?

Last edited:
I loved Pathfinder: Kingmaker and thought it did as good a job as you could possibly hope for in translating the tabletop Pathfinder experience to video game format.
Playing this now.

I'd heard there were "issues" when it first released so I waited till this month to get it. Can't say as I have any complaints with the current version.

Is this Beckett by the way?
I believe according to the semi-official lore Beckett is dead.

I believe according to the semi-official lore Beckett is dead.

I'm not sure how close they'll follow VtM sources and what is canon in such case. There are also VtM books that explore the events that took place surely before 15 years after Bloodlines. Would be interesting to see, how they plan to use (or not) any of that in the game.

Personally, I'd rather them keep Beckett alive.

I'm not sure how close they'll follow VtM sources and what is canon in such case. There are also VtM books that explore the events that took place surely before 15 years after Bloodlines. Would be interesting to see, how they plan to use (or not) any of that in the game.

Personally, I'd rather them keep Beckett alive.

Gilrond! We've..we've finally found common ground!

Did you read Beckett's Jyhad Diary by any chance? It's actually really good.

Not sure about this. This studio behind the game never made a good game and one of the senior writter is responsible for Hotline 2 ban in Australia and cutting the "rape" scene. And no gameplay video, only some generic CGI trailer. [Nope.] I think this will be nothing like the original.

Post edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't read too much into it. That website -- just like the websites it is "Against" -- is extremely biased. There are better, more neutral sources to get your info from. Alternatively, wait for gameplay/more official info.

[Edited. Seriously, please drop the political stuff. -Drac]

I hate it when games (their developers) feel the need to project ideals and statements about what they think are right and wrong to their audience.

Politics, philosophy and psychology are great ways to increase depth of the stories and characters (and clan politics are a very VtM thing) when they are handled from a neutral point if view and rhe player is allowed to make his own judgements, but otherwise it’s just annoying preaching.

I am somewhat hopeful about this game, but all these afore mentioned things popping up alongside with ”clan DLC” (which would imply no personified reaponses from the NPC’s like the original had), and... yeah, that the systems are more than likely ineffective streamlined shit, make me wary of getting excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Edited. Seriously, please drop the political stuff. -Drac]

I hate it when games (their developers) feel the need to project ideals and statements about what they think are right and wrong to their audience.

Politics, philosophy and psychology are great ways to increase depth of the stories and characters (and clan politics are a very VtM thing) when they are handled from a neutral point if view and rhe player is allowed to make his own judgements, but otherwise it’s just annoying preaching.

I am somewhat hopeful about this game, but all these afore mentioned things popping up alongside with ”clan DLC” (which would imply no personified reaponses from the NPC’s like the original had), and... yeah, that the systems are more than likely ineffective streamlined shit, make me wary of getting excited.

On the hand, you can't escape politics in vampire: the masquerade. Besides, you can't handle politics in a neutral point of view. It just doesn't work as the characters you encounter won't throw neutral bland political ideas at you. It would be boring as hell.

Neutral politics is an oxymoron by the way.

On the hand, you can't escape politics in vampire: the masquerade. Besides, you can't handle politics in a neutral point of view. It just doesn't work as the characters you encounter won't throw neutral bland political ideas at you. It would be boring as hell.

Neutral politics is an oxymoron by the way.

Neutral politics? No, because politics imply actions, and certain ideas that tackle a certain problem.

Neutral point-of-view? Yes, because that means presenting that problem from a multitude of standpoints and perspectives while acknowledging the multi-faceted approach to solving any and all problems, independent from ideology. Ofc, as much as that is possible.

For mods: please don't freak out, a philosophical discussion is all right if it doesn't address specific views right?

Last edited:
Vampire Bloodlines didn't had neutral real life political views, why do you expect something different from Bloodlines 2 written mostly by the original writer of the first one?

snap002073.jpg

vampire-bloodlines-4.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom