Vampire Bloodlines 2 Thread - All We Know So Far. Chat!

+
You're thinking of BL the CRPG. I'm talking about Protean from the PnP. They didn't implement turn to bat or Mist Form in BL1 because too problematic. Was hoping for better this game...and sort of got it? Just as thin blood.

Animalism lets you summon animals and talk to them, yeah.
Ah okay, I never played the pnp game. I'm glad we got the powers then because they look really cool :)

Honestly, I don't really play a Bloodlines game for the powers, as crazy as that sounds. I play for the atmosphere, characters, story, impressive freedom of gameplay, and variety between clans.

Based on what I've seen so far... That won't change. None of the thinblood powers, or the other powers used in the gameplay, intrigue me at all. Pretty dull stuff. Maybe something will change my mind.

Still think they should gone with normal clan vampire, and not with that thin blood crap.

Gameplay give some VtmB 1 vibes we need more gameplay videos, and to see skill and stats, that was really good in first game.

Well I'm still fascinated to play as a thin blood at the start, we never got to see it from their perspective outside of a quest chain in BL1

I like the artstyle, graphics, dialogs and so on, but the ambience sound(s) is severely lacking - it of course shouldn't be loud in the streets but there's like no sound whatsoever when he was walking in the streets.. and you can climb and jump from tall buildings in the sight of human NPCs and there's no breaking of the Masquerade ? That definitely breaks the immersion too - atleast for me

I am looking forward to this game but I didn't get very far in the original one. The combat was very clunky (same as with most older games) and I had no idea wtf was going on half the time.

I'm hoping that this new reiteration will improve on the bad parts of the older game and bring some cool new features with it.

Same demo as E3 2019, but new playthrough/choices.

This game needs some serious polish. March seems way too soon. Cyberpunk already seems much more "finished" (we'll have a better idea on Friday, of course) and it's releasing a month later. Granted, studio size differences, resource differences, etc. are worth noting.

Anyway, I hope BL2 gets delayed, unless they're very confident they can bring it up to par in the next 7-ish months.

Also, reading through the comments of that video, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks those third person camera switches are terrible. Either let us switch at will, restrict TPP to cutscenes and vehicles (not that there'll be any of those, or even a need for them), or stick to one or the other. Don't do this janky, nauseating swap every time the player so much as climbs a wall or attacks an enemy.

The feeding TPP switch is OK, since feeding is sort of an "event" and it worked the same in the original.

Last edited:
In Seattle, five major factions - groups of vampires who have united under a single banner - are all vying for control. Each with their own history, characteristics, and motivations. It will be up to you to decide who to join, cross, or pit against each other - but know that your choices will carry consequences.

THE PIONEERS
https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/the-pioneers
faction-posters-pioneers-logo-2c47ed.jpg

“WE MADE THIS CITY AND WE WILL NEVER LET ANYONE FORGET THAT.”
- Lou Grand

OLD MONEY
There’s a lot of wealth in ruling a city for more than a century. The money of the Pioneers would earn a lot of influence almost anywhere in the world. In the modern boomtown of Seattle, though, all it seems to afford is a more comfortable slide into irrelevance.

While they have dreams of once more ruling the city, they have since been forced to accept the rules of another. In exchange, they have been allowed to "save face" by keeping control over some minor parts of the city.

THE INSIDER’S CLUB
A collection of individuals from different clans, unified by their idealistic and romantic notion of Seattle as the last frontier - The Pioneers held Seattle for the biggest part of the city’s existence. Having lost so much in the last twenty years, they have become quite skeptical of the changing world, including any fledgling looking to join.

The vampires in Lou’s group include loggers, fishermen, bootleggers, old money families, musicians and artists, and many other long-time Puget Sound inhabitants - and they fight tooth and nail to preserve whatever remains of their old world - and of one another.

In Seattle, five major factions - groups of vampires who have united under a single banner - are all vying for control. Each with their own history, characteristics, and motivations. It will be up to you to decide who to join, cross, or pit against each other - but know that your choices will carry consequences.

THE PIONEERS
https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/the-pioneers
View attachment 11013584

“WE MADE THIS CITY AND WE WILL NEVER LET ANYONE FORGET THAT.”
- Lou Grand

OLD MONEY
There’s a lot of wealth in ruling a city for more than a century. The money of the Pioneers would earn a lot of influence almost anywhere in the world. In the modern boomtown of Seattle, though, all it seems to afford is a more comfortable slide into irrelevance.

While they have dreams of once more ruling the city, they have since been forced to accept the rules of another. In exchange, they have been allowed to "save face" by keeping control over some minor parts of the city.

THE INSIDER’S CLUB
A collection of individuals from different clans, unified by their idealistic and romantic notion of Seattle as the last frontier - The Pioneers held Seattle for the biggest part of the city’s existence. Having lost so much in the last twenty years, they have become quite skeptical of the changing world, including any fledgling looking to join.

The vampires in Lou’s group include loggers, fishermen, bootleggers, old money families, musicians and artists, and many other long-time Puget Sound inhabitants - and they fight tooth and nail to preserve whatever remains of their old world - and of one another.

Interesting. Five factions eh? At least it's not as cut and dry like Cammy/Anarch/Sabbat. Should make for a more mysterious, more interesting first play-through discovering, learning about the different factions vying for control of the blood of the city.

Also, Lou, the woman in the poster is the same as the one in the red dress holding the wine glass in the CGI trailer.

Interesting. Five factions eh? At least it's not as cut and dry like Cammy/Anarch/Sabbat. Should make for a more mysterious, more interesting first play-through discovering, learning about the different factions vying for control of the blood of the city.

Also, Lou, the woman in the poster is the same as the one in the red dress holding the wine glass in the CGI trailer.
Yeah, it seems preferable for sure. I hope all of them are fairly nuanced and realistic, with believable motivations, and unique powers (not necessarily magical -- could be political influence or something similar). I also hope a "neutral" path is available, but that might be asking to much at this point. Assuming you can side with each faction individually, could already be looking at 5 endings.

Some new bits about the game, more precisely, factions:

Faction nr. 2 (counted by reveal date):
faction-posters-c-8fjdpg91-4e100f.jpg

“CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU MIGHT THINK, I ENJOY HAVING ENEMIES. IT MAKES ME... CAREFUL - KEEPS ME CREATIVE. THERE'S NOT MUCH OF A FUTURE FOR COMPLACENT RULERS.” - Alec Cross, current Camarilla Prince of Seattle.

- POWER PLAYERS
Seattle has become one of the most lucrative tech- and business cities in the world. In the shadows of that boom, a new kind of Kindred has emerged in the city: Sleek, business-minded; ready to influence the city from the top-floor board rooms.

Led by Prince Cross and ingrained in the corporate landscape of Seattle, the Camarilla has managed to turn its connections to tech billionaires and investment bankers into dominion over the Emerald City.

- THE LONG GAME
After 20 years at the top, every member of Cross’ faction is still very aware of being the city’s biggest target. While Cross knows that not every vampire in the city accepts the Camarilla, he has given them just enough power to not have to worry about them organizing and moving against him. Stability, prosperity, and the Masquerade have been the key components of his policy.

- THE IVORY TOWER
Very few cities boast a vampire elite as wealthy as Seattle. In these refined circles, your true worth shows in how much control your money has bought you. Here at the top, a comfortable existence - not having to worry about access to blood and having to hunt - is all but guaranteed.

Amongst the Camarilla kindred loyal to Cross you’ll find CEOs, software moguls, bankers, venture capitalists, politicians and other members of the business elite.

Faction nr. 3:
faction-posters-b-ud52kvp0d-8670de.jpg

“YOU’RE IN THE GAME NOW SON. EVER SINCE THE NIGHT YOU GOT BIT. THAT’S JUST HOW IT IS NOW.” - Josephine, lieutenant of the Baron.

- OFF THE GRID
It’s hard to know just how many vampires swear allegiance to The Baron of Aurora. In parts, that’s because very few of Seattle’s Kindred have actually met him. Acting through his lieutenants, he has taken in the city’s destitute, defiant and desperate, turning them into a ruthlessly disciplined force with hands in every shady deal.

Where a less prudent man might turn such capital into a bid for Princedom, he has so far been content to stay in the back-alleys of his turf, hoard favors, and brutally defend his business interests.

- NECESSARY EVIL
Nobody likes the Baron and his people - until they need something done or procured quietly and quickly. Someone will play this part, in any city. Many of Seattle’s powerful tell themselves that it’s just as well to further indebt yourself to the Devil you know.

No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter who you’re running from; the Baron has a job for you. Promotion and power comes quickly in his organization - if you can stomach the work.

- KINGPIN
The Baron has no illusions about his own security: While seemingly unassailable now, his strength will remain only as long as he stays ahead of all competitors. If he ever shows weakness or becomes unreliable, his whole operation is going to fall, beginning with him.

Faction nr. 4:
faction-posters-nc-8kca2zf42-d9c373.jpg

"I REALIZE THAT THERE ARE MANY IN SEATTLE WHO WILL DISPARAGE YOU FROM ASSOCIATING WITH US. WE'RE A THREAT TO THEIR STABILITY - THE INEVITABLE PRESSURE THAT CHANGES THE WAY THE CITY'S BLOOD FLOWS."- Elif Parmak, right hand of Viktor Goga.

- OUTCASTS
The Tremere have been historically kept out of Seattle - until Prince Cross suddenly allowed them access to the University District territory. Nobody seems to know quite what led the warlocks to make the journey from Europe to the far edge of America. Given the Camarilla's generosity, it's likely they paid a high price to enter the city. What that price was, no one's quite sure.

- THE PYRAMID
The Faction’s charismatic leader, “Professor” Viktor Goga offers any vampire who would join him safe access to blood in one of the city’s richest hunting grounds, a spot in a rapidly progressing organization - and a promise of something greater. Those with talent can rise to the top quickly.

Already, the Baron views Goga’s operation as his most dangerous competition. Though conflict is on the horizon, the Newcomers' star keeps rising. Alluring, confident, visionary; they offer opportunity and risk in equal measure.

- ACADEMICS
It’s said that the Tremere clan knows more about the true potential of Kindred blood than any other. Founded by blood mages, recruiting from and hunting in the University, the Newcomers are easily Seattle’s most learned Kindred faction. Lately their ranks have swollen with occultists, scholars, college students, runaways, and more than a few defectors from the other factions.

---
One more faction to be revealed.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting details on the factions! I wonder if there will be any Salubri in the game. They are a pretty rare and interesting clan.

I'll go Tremere, it's always been my favorite clan. Be interesting not to have the pyramid hovering over you.

I'll go Tremere, it's always been my favorite clan. Be interesting not to have the pyramid hovering over you.

It's pretty tough, they all seem interesting. Hmm.. But, for a Tremere, The Newcomers are a more obvious choice. I'm still not sure what my first will be.. was thinking Toreador at first, Ventrue would be interesting as well; Wonder what the last faction is. The Asylum?

I..really don't know. I love Celerity, so that means ( as usual, sigh - I want Sabbat!) Brujah or Toreador. Usually Toreador, because Lestat. And Brujah are usually boring.

Buuuut I did a BL playthrough as Tremere and it was really fun. Also, Ventrue look cool - without Gangrel, they are the only ones that get Fort - and Domination!

Both Tremere and Ventrue look to have super interesting backgrounds, too. Dammit.

Definitely...one of the above. Yes.

Top Bottom