Vampire Bloodlines 2 Thread - All We Know So Far. Chat!

+
faction-posters-u-jd2nf6h-c594bb.jpg

“THERE IS ALWAYS TIME.”
- The Council of Three

UNNOTICED
Seattle has been a city of drifters, transients and homeless for almost as long as it has existed. By and large, people just look the other way. The Unseen walk among these unfortunates, hidden in plain sight to vampire and human alike.

For more than a century, the Unseen have been led by the Council of Three - or "The Speakers" to the Nosferatu. They helped their people survive among the homeless and loners of the city. While the rest of Seattle’s vampires took pains to ignore them, these Unseen grew into a faction, began trading secrets… And grudges.

INFORMATION BROKERS
Today, the Council has left much of the Nosferatu’s operation to younger vampires more adept at gathering intel in modern nights. Where the Unseen used to be composed of thieves, frauds and homeless, they now also include journalists, engineers and hackers.

The Unseen have been here for a long time, and they see everything. They know what you did, why you’re trying to hide it - and who’ll pay to find out. The group would be a potent ally to the vampires of any other of Seattle’s factions - if they can be found.

TIGHT-KNIT
No other faction of vampires in Seattle looks out for their own like the Nosferatu. What else can you do, if nobody else will even look at you?

For as long as there has been a Seattle, there have been some that didn’t suit the Pioneers’ vision of a place made of art as much as brick, glass and iron. The misshapen members of clan Nosferatu never had a chance to fit in. They were encouraged to stay out of sight: In the outskirts, the shadows and - as the city grew - its Underground.

In the latest newsletter it was explained that Bloodlines 2 has been delayed to an unknown date later in 2020. Personally I'm all for this as it certainly needs more time in the oven. Interested to see how this goes.

FPP was bad enough for an RPG but when I found out VM:BL2 also had a silent protagonist, well, that is a hard pass from me.

What a pity.

Not seeing any games that I am likely to be purchasing anytime soon :(

The first 2 games were great, even with lot of flaws and issues, but the universe, ambiance and possibilities are amazing. The studio working on this new title is totally new and still has everything to prove, but they seem committed to depict our beloved WOD universe so I can't wait for it.
I'm concerned about combat from what we've seen so far, but it could definitely be a great sequel.

Silent protagonists are great for immersion and they aren’t really silent because you are the voice.You can pick your answers and your character says exactly what is in the text-box...... in cyberpunk your character says something completely different so i personally prefer this option much more.
FPP was bad enough for an RPG but when I found out VM:BL2 also had a silent protagonist, well, that is a hard pass from me.
What a pity.
Not seeing any games that I am likely to be purchasing anytime soon :(

Last edited:
Silent protagonists are great for immersion and they aren’t really silent because you are the voice.You can pick your answers and your character says exactly what is in the text-box...... in cyberpunk your character says something completely different so i personally prefer this option much more.
I realise 'immersion' is a subjective notion but I find no literal voice as immersive as role-playing an invisible statue.

Why would I want to be the voice? That makes no sense to me. If I play a story based game I am playing as that character, not me, so yes I want him to speak (doubly so if it is a her) and not sound in my head like 'me'.

I am not Geralt or V or some Vampire in Seattle, so I want the toon I am playing to sound like Geralt, or V or some Vampire in Seattle, not some English bloke in London :D

If there is no literal voice in a pure text game, sure whatever, that's absolutely fine (in a 2005 kind of way). But the asymmetry is jarring in a game circa 2020, with toons on the screen literally talking to you audibly, with you just standing there like some inexplicably mute floating camera* typing a reply to them via WhatsApp ;) ... and whilst there is some comedic potential in that, no thanks, I find that like playing half a game.

* = yes, I hate FPP as well.

I realise 'immersion' is a subjective notion but I find no literal voice as immersive as role-playing an invisible statue.

Why would I want to be the voice? That makes no sense to me. If I play a story based game I am playing as that character, not me, so yes I want him to speak (doubly so if it is a her) and not sound in my head like 'me'.

I am not Geralt or V or some Vampire in Seattle, so I want the toon I am playing to sound like Geralt, or V or some Vampire in Seattle, not some English bloke in London :D

If there is no literal voice in a pure text game, sure whatever, that's absolutely fine (in a 2005 kind of way). But the asymmetry is jarring in a game circa 2020, with toons on the screen literally talking to you audibly, with you just standing there like some inexplicably mute floating camera* typing a reply to them via WhatsApp ;) ... and whilst there is some comedic potential in that, no thanks, I find that like playing half a game.

* = yes, I hate FPP as well.
You can play v or the vampire in bloodlines as yourself or somebody else ,because they are both blank slates.Thats the beauty of rpgs and character creation in general.... you can roleplay as anyone.

You can play v or the vampire in bloodlines as yourself or somebody else ,because they are both blank slates.Thats the beauty of rpgs and character creation in general.... you can roleplay as anyone.
But they are not blank slates, they have back stories.

The Vampire from BL2 is presumably from an American from Seattle. Maybe they should give him a backstory that makes him mute after an auto accident :p

And V will have a choice of several modular back stories, so not a very blank slate. You just get to play how he does things (with or without a voice).

I just don't see the point of every toon not literally speaking if any of them literally speak. But maybe they should just make it a toggle option for people who really prefer being a mute protagonist in a world full of talking toons. That would not be hard at all to code.

Silent protagonists are absolutely terrible for immersion. I remember this was the most jarring thing back when I played The Secret world. There were cutscenes where the NPC did a monologue with voice, and my character was restricted to facial expressions. It was absolutely laughable. Meme-worthy. Either protagonist speaks, or nobody speaks.

Silent protagonists are absolutely terrible for immersion. I remember this was the most jarring thing back when I played The Secret world. There were cutscenes where the NPC did a monologue with voice, and my character was restricted to facial expressions. It was absolutely laughable. Meme-worthy. Either protagonist speaks, or nobody speaks.

He said "silent protagonist" about there is no dubbing for him, not about the character effectively being silent.
The protagonist still speaks, just like in old videogames.

I don`t want to help this become a talking / silent off topic but i agree that for me " Geralt or V or some Vampire in Seattle " needs to be able to speak . To me it`s so 1980s to not have a speaking protagonist . We did have a poll and a voiced protagonist won easily .

Top Bottom