Vampire Bloodlines 2 Thread - All We Know So Far. Chat!

+
Silent protagonist is a plus for role-playing.
Silent protagonists are great for immersion

Indeed.(y)

My character, not someone elses; my voice, or the voice I interpret for the character concept I’m playing, not a predifined never changing voice that goes against my character ideal (as it always does), is unchangeably repetitive, and which - in the worst case scenario - has to be endured because it is intolerable.

Last edited:
"Silent" characters with no input on the story are indeed thing of the past. Console J"rpgs".

Non-voiced talkative player character with plenty of answers is the real deal.

I'm beginning to think this is almost generational. I prefer a silent protagonist by far. I can enjoy a comprehensively cinematic experience ala The Witcher, Mass Effect, Detroit: Become Human, The Last of Us, etc. But when it comes to (what I consider) that "RPG feeling", I am much more drawn in by approaches like Dragon Age: Origins, Mount and Blade, The Elder Scrolls, Baldur's Gate, Ultima...

I'm not talking about the entire gameplay spectrum; I'm talking about the approach to the Player Character. No attempt to dictate any facet of what I imagine in my mind. I choose the look. I choose the emotion. I choose my reasoning and motivations. I choose my actions. Having a silent protagonist goes a long way in making me feel like I'm there. I'm involved. I'm invested. Not clicking to watch the next video clip.

It's illusory, absolutely. But it's an illusion I like. I think it comes down to reading versus watching things on a screen. My generation still did a lot of active reading. To this day, I'll still learn and process more from a written article than watching a Youtube video or something. It's that act of reading text and visualizing that I love. Reading involves all of the senses. Film or TV involves only two. So...not having something performed for me actually increases my level of immersion. It's easier for me to suspend my disbelief if I am experiencing things in my mind, without having a performance dictating, say, my character's tone of voice in a dialogue. (Again, not to say I can't enjoy a fantastic performance, but..."the book is almost always better than the film" for me.)

Having a character with no voice is better in the sense that you have to get a really good voice actor in order to make it right (or risk him not being good enough for the task), while not having a voice in the first place feels more natural as you're reading the sentences in your head before clicking on them, so you are somewhat past the speaking phase and move on to the response. At least that's my perception of it.

I fully expect Bloodlines 2 to be an average action RPG game, mostly directed towards people who enjoyed Bloodlines 1 and the whole Vampire the Masquerade, but not much more than that. It will probably be outdone by Cyberpunk 2077 in any other sphere (which is probably why Bloodlines 2 is being released circa 1 month before Cyberpunk 2077). I may be mistaken here, but I just fail to see anything spectacular in the game so far.

Does it matter much? It's not like my backlog of games got smaller :) Some even would rather buy such games with even bigger delay, once major bugs are fixed and expansions are integrated.

Does it matter much? It's not like my backlog of games got smaller :) Some even would rather buy such games with even bigger delay, once major bugs are fixed and expansions are integrated.
It doesn't matter much overall (except for improved quality), I just don't want Vampire to be released on the same month with the behemoths.

Depends. From player perspective it's better to have the game to be delayed, rather than filled with bugs and lack of polish. But delaying too long means having to face Cyberpunk 2077 and the longer it is in development, the longer the staff working on it has to be paid, which must be eating into their budget.

I've never had any issues with delays.
Take the time you need to do the best job you can.

Very true

“A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”

― Shigeru Miyamoto
Post automatically merged:

It would be very cool if you can have a pierced lip like this girl .
Image result for vampire the masquerade bloodlines
1280 × 720

l .

Thought I would share this vampire the masquerade boardgame that just cropped up in my feed.

My opinion is it looks like they tried to combine Tainted Grail and Etherfields but did a mediocre job at both tbh. Unless there is a preview campaign I am extremely wary.

Last edited:
Will we see Maximillian Strauss again? I played the first one as a Tremere, would be nice to see him again.

Will we see Maximillian Strauss again? I played the first one as a Tremere, would be nice to see him again.

No returning characters have been announced so far. All they've said is that some will make an appearance.

Top Bottom