Vampire Bloodlines 2 Thread - All We Know So Far. Chat!

+
I mainly just fear now that Brian is gone and a guy who mainly did things for Ubisoft games was brought to replace him, the complex story, quests, characters, dialogs and themes are going to be cut to pieces and what is going to be left, are only shallow remains what was promised to us last year and what we had hoped for thanks to the first game

I mainly just fear now that Brian is gone and a guy who mainly did things for Ubisoft games was brought to replace him, the complex story, quests, characters, dialogs and themes are going to be cut to pieces and what is going to be left, are only shallow remains what was promised to us last year and what we had hoped for thanks to the first game

Paradox employees have already confirmed that the storyline is not subject to change at this point, so...

You know the bloke hasn't worked for Ubisoft in about a decade, & worked on 2 franchises back when they were actually beloved? Plus, his role has nothing to do with narrative, & everything to do with getting the Dev Team back on track.

I'm extremely excited about Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2, because the original was just amazing (other than the horribly difficult and unfair parts to it) and I really liked how the game nailed this very special feeling that was so unique, I feel like no other game has ever nailed a feeling like that past, or anywhere in the present as of yet. When Paradox Interactive got a hold of and became in charge of the sequel, I was very very surprised. :oops: I also recently saw YongYea's video game news coverage recently, and today I refreshed the forum page and this thread was visible, and I honestly didn't know about it. (Maybe I might have posted in this thread before, but then forgotten about it?) I had no idea this was discussed here.

I really really really hope that the game ends up being good. I am worried.:(
Post automatically merged:

You beat me to it, I guess I will leave my post as it is because it still says how I feel sort of.

Brian Mitsoda fired, will they have to change what he wrote for the game? :confused:

I would like the VTM to be saved by the CD Projekt..
:giveup:
I agree.

Without Mitsoda I have absolutely no faith right now for this project.. I wanted a Bloodlines sequel, but not without the main reason why I love the first game despite the not great combat, clankiness and jank to many of the gameplay aspects and technical side and bugs.. yeah, I know that Paradox and Hardsuit Labs are not going to throw everything that Brian did for the game away, but I really don't know what is going to left untouched and what is going to be scrapped.. and add to that, I really don't like how Paradox is cashing on tons of addons and DLCs for their games, so that is and always was a big problem for me when it comes to Paradox and Bloodlines 2 being together

Right now, my bar for the success of the game is so low, that it only can surprise me in a good way..
I agree, I find it incredibly frustrating. If you look at the gog.com store, paradox usually has a game, and then several very expensive DLC's for that game, instead of just adding it to the game as an update, or at the very least selling the DLC as one big pack that includes all DLC's past, present, or future. Their DLC's are very expensive, and if I were to purchase Stellaris ( I'm not sure if I got the name correct ) and all the DLC it just costs so much that I'm like "Forget it! I'm just never going to play it" and judging by peoples opinions about the game, even if you get the DLC the game still has issues, so many issues prevent me from buying anything from paradox. I am beyond regretful that Paradox Interactive is doing the Vampire sequel because to me, that is the same as Disney purchasing starwars, making a bunch of "sequels" and then giving the video game rights to EA. I feel the same about the lord of the rings hobbit sequel/prequels, and basically every terminator movie that came out after terminator 2. all of the new terminator movies that came out are just soooo..... I dunno... not passionately in the spirit of what I would personally call "terminator" that it actually makes Terminator 3 look good. I feel the same way about the sequels to the alien franchise, predator franchise as well. It just breaks my heart when things go like this. The excitement that I feel for anything that comes out in the future, especially sequels or remakes, that feeling is always tainted by numbness and a huge mountain sized grain of salt and skepticism and this feeling of loss. It's this feeling inside me that says "nothing is a promise anymore, and nothing is sacred" :giveup: God help us.

(p.s. I do not mean anything in a political way, just know someone is going to make that assumption so I'm saying it now, I mean everything I meant strictly from a fan-based perspective only, nothing more. If you think I mean something else, that's what you think, not me. I can not possibly make myself more clear. Peace.)

Last edited:
Don't know was this posted here. Some rumors:

Don't put too much stock on that. It's been debunked repeatedly by PDX officials on twitter and other social media.

The game won't have microtransactions (not technically, even though PDX cosmetic Dlc policy is a form of microtransactions, this game supposedly will only have 3 Dlc's/expansions).

Also, the game has an 18+ rating on their official store so the mature content is still there, or enough of it.

There are reasons for concern but that post isn't one of them, looks like.

To be fair, all the narrative work would have been done for the game back during pre-alpha, & Brian sounded confident that the team he left behind would stay true to his vision. To be honest, it'd probably be far too expensive to re-do any of the narrative beats. So this is probably more of a cost-saving, not creative, measure. Still, I will reserve judgement until I see new gameplay footage.

Also, to be fair, PDX rates second only to CDPR for how pro-consumer their games are. Be thankful this isn't being published by EA, Activision or Ubisoft. They'd all probably have pushed the game out in Q1, regardless of its quality or completeness.
To be very honest, in my opinion, I feel like EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft, Activision, and Paradox interactive are pretty much the same company to me in terms of their behavior and how they do business with their customers. Telling us to be thankful it isn't being published by EA and instead by Paradox reads and translates to me essentially as if you're saying "Be thankful it isn't published by EA because instead it's published by EA"
Me:
"Phew! it's not EA, it's just EA!"

Now we know that Paradox have EVERYTHING under control and knows EXACTLY what this series needs: battle royale!

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/jle5hb And official trailer:

Seriously, they should just scrap this project altogether.
tenor.gif

So sad
VTM universe is fantastic.
Deserves more respect, deserves an ambitious open world RPG game :sad:

Im beginning to think that this isnt going to happen after the fight in development team causing 2 of the leads to walk away

Well this is not done by same company or is it? if VTMB2 still coming out next year and this is done by other developers, who know maybe it turn up to be ok.

Well this is not done by same company or is it? if VTMB2 still coming out next year and this is done by other developers, who know maybe it turn up to be ok.
given that there has been no word on vmbl2 for over 6 months and the team on it broke up over design disagreements it looks like they threw it in trash and this new company picked up rights. as thier company page list Vampire the Masqurade is thier main project

It is hilariously bad.

Though may be Paradox can partner with Powerhouse Aniamation and Netflix to make animated series in VtM. They did a good job with Castlevania.
The paradox team on masqurade broke up it looks like paradox sold the rights to the ip

Screenshot_20201101-085750_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't say they sold it. Paradox is a publisher, and studios they work with don't have to be their own (they have Paradox studio too).

Probably it would be better for Paradox to finish Bloodlines 2 and, after that, do another projects related to the universe.

And this Battle Royale, only the ideia alone is very bad, I find it hard to make a good game out of it.

I didn't see people (beside the fans) very excited with Bloodlines 2 even when it was at it's peak, it was nothing compared with other triple A games.

As for a Battle Royale with the same theme, it will be a "huge" waste of money.

As a fan of VTM PnP 3rd ed, I would love to see some game franchise to reach the bigger public using the PnP game and being a huge success (because the RPG is so well thought - specially the mythology/ biblical part - and the esthetics, scenarios, internal politics makes a mix made in heaven).

As a fan of VTM PnP 3rd ed, I would love to see some game franchise to reach the bigger public using the PnP game and being a huge success (because the RPG is so well thought - specially the mythology/ biblical part - and the esthetics, scenarios, internal politics makes a mix made in heaven).

Have you seen Powerhouse made animated Castlevania? I think it's as close as we got to something that resembles VtM in animation (it's way less like Castlevnia games and a lot more like VtM ones). They really should make VtM proper, it would be great.

Have you seen Powerhouse made animated Castlevania? I think it's as close as we got to something that resembles VtM in animation (it's way less like Castlevnia games and a lot more like VtM ones). They really should make VtM proper, it would be great.

Yes, they really did a great job.

I feel that sometimes the companies fear that if the real thing is put out there, it won't be accepted by the general public, because it's "too complex". So they end up dumbing down and destroying some great ideas.

Well, to defend some artistic visions you have to be bold, take risks, even if some part of the final art product faces some kind of criticism, which is the opposite of the investors mentality (which is to protect your capital from losses at all costs).

That may be happening with Paradox and Hardlab Studios now.

Top Bottom