Vampire Bloodlines 2 Thread - All We Know So Far. Chat!

+
Hi, how was the game in pre-alpha? Do you have more screenshots from it?

It was actually a lot of fun. Small community, not much area to explore and full PVP.

2014.01.29.12.11.30.jpg

2014.03.28.07.23.35.jpg

Oh well, hopefully they get somebody to do it right. I wasn't impressed with the original trailer so maybe they'll make it less goofy.
The IGN extended gameplay video with the player character logging several Masquerade violations in plain sight of the kine didn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies.

Not quite simple enough to just say it, eh?

This game is never gonna happen. Paradox should sell the license to somebody else. Reform Troika!

The reason goes into a subject that is banned on the forums, so no, I won't "just say it" because I'd rather not get banned.

Again, do some digging and it becomes obvious.

The reason goes into a subject that is banned on the forums, so no, I won't "just say it" because I'd rather not get banned.

Again, do some digging and it becomes obvious.

You keep being cryptic about this when after googling and reading a few articles it's not clear at all as to why both the leads were fired suddenly.

Biran Mitsoda publicly claims he had no idea that this was coming, the most probable reason seems to be something to do with leaks and delays but even that is pure speculation.

The IGN extended gameplay video with the player character logging several Masquerade violations in plain sight of the kine didn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies.
It is hard as fans of a genre or franchise to not be excited at the news of a sequel; if they ever make another deus ex or elder scrolls I'd be quite excited. But at the same time problems arise, studios cut corners, hype goes through the roof and we may be left with no game or an alright one.

If cdpr didn't hype the game so much and just release cp2077 with a warning there were bugs and it played poorly on older hardware people would have been much more positive in their reception.

Following game predevelopement, development, hype, advertisements etc. gets us nothing but disappointment. Unfortunately the game industry is now like movies; previews can look good, but the games suck.

Enough rambling. Maybe someday we'll get a good vtm:b sequel but I won't hold my breath. Kingdom come deliverance on the other hand.....:coolstory:

Everything regarding Bloodlines after annoucement was mostly shitshow after shitshow, that first gameplay should never ever apeared in public eyes.
Another point i think Brian said that storywise game was done and considering was supposed to release around 2019 something horribly went wrong, to delay so much and change studios there had to be some kind insane mismanagement of game

Still (un) alive!

"Paradox Interactive now has fifteen new games in development, some are new titles and some are sequels on existing franchises. Four of these games have been announced; the much demanded grand strategy game Victoria 3, Crusader Kings 3 for consoles, the classic Shadowrun Trilogy for console and Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. Additionally, a number of DLCs are in development, such as Royal Court for Crusader King 3.

This disclosure contains information that Paradox Interactive AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation (EU nr 596/2014). The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person, on 30-09-2021 18:45 CET."

"Dear Bloodlines fans,

It’s been quite a while between updates while we’ve had our heads down working on the game. We remain just as dedicated to delivering a great Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines game as we were when we announced, and are looking forward to showing you more in September this year.

We acknowledge it was a long time ago that many of you pre-ordered Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. As development continues, we will be updating the game’s editions and bonus content, and we want to provide the best value to those of you who supported us via digital pre-order after all this time. We are thus offering refunds to anyone who has pre-ordered any edition of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. As part of this process, we are proactively refunding all pre-orders of physical products, including the Collector’s Edition. The digital versions of the First Blood Edition, Unsanctioned Edition and Blood Moon Edition remain, but can be refunded if you choose.

We’re excited to show you more and hope to have all of you with us in September when we reveal more. We know you are eager to see how the game is coming along so we’ve put together a fresh batch of screenshots to share with you.

For more information about refunds and how to submit your request, please visit our FAQ.

Until then, The Bloodlines Team"

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-juneupdate

Looks pretty good. Hopefully we'll get to see some gameplay in September.

Wow some news at last, hopefully it will be good and release soonish. Wonder if i pre ordered it? Was like 3 years ago so dont even remember -.-

Every time I check this thread I feel a greater sense of confirmation it has all been a dream. One day, out of nowhere, a sexy trailer for a long awaited sequel to one of my most beloved games? Just say when... Since then it's been a roller-coaster that more often than not is screaming downhill.

The out of lore reference drama, long stretches of near complete absence from media and radio silence on progress, refunds for pre-orders long before any gameplay even surfaced(I'm content to say this was littler more than vertical slice), the Nvidia page is deleted, and now a "reveal" during probably the worst month you could choose four years after announcement. Feels bad, man.

and now a "reveal" during probably the worst month you could choose four years after announcement. Feels bad, man.
I would not call it the worst month really but the best month in years for gamers (hopefully) ;) I get the point tho, announcing during a trippel big release month isnt likely too get much traction...

Every time I check this thread I feel a greater sense of confirmation it has all been a dream. One day, out of nowhere, a sexy trailer for a long awaited sequel to one of my most beloved games? Just say when... Since then it's been a roller-coaster that more often than not is screaming downhill.

The out of lore reference drama, long stretches of near complete absence from media and radio silence on progress, refunds for pre-orders long before any gameplay even surfaced(I'm content to say this was littler more than vertical slice), the Nvidia page is deleted, and now a "reveal" during probably the worst month you could choose four years after announcement. Feels bad, man.

The reality is that its going to be just another action RPG, yet people have had almost 20 years to get hyped for the sequel. Obviously the expectations are blown out of proportion.

Top Bottom