Vampire Deck Suggestion

+
I would like to see a vampire unit that has the ability to feed on its target. Basically, the ability would simulate a vampire draining its victim. First, the target has to be marked with doom by the vampire unit to symbolize preying on them, and then every turn after the target loses one point of power and the vampire unit goes up by one point of power. Another vampire unit can doom and feed off another allied unit.

A strategy like using Eskel (friend or foe) as a feeding source would be possible. I would also like to see a vampire leader that has the ability to doom drain the target. The vampire leader can choose one unit and doom it, causing the unit to lose 1 point of power on every turn thereby draining them. Once the target is destroyed, the vampire leader can recast doom and drain on a new unit.

If changed, IMMUNE can be turned in to the inability to be healed. If the vampire leader has placed doom on an enemy target, the other vampire units can drain at 2 points instead of 1 on the doomed unit every allied turn. This would be like the master vampire weakening the prey, and then the smell of blood makes all the lesser vampires go into a feeding frenzy until the enemy unit is destroyed. Doom also makes it so units that traditionally can return from the graveyard, can not.

Destroying a lesser vampire unit that is doom draining an enemy unit would be difficult, but not impossible to destroy hit with enough damage. There can also be a card called Elder's Blood that gives the player two options. 1) They can heal all allied vampire units or use it on an enemy unit with 6 or less power and transform that unit into a power 6 Savage Vampire causing the now transformed unit to drain all adjacent allied units by 2 points on the left and the right. The Savage Vampire will automatically have doom placed on it and survive for four enemy turns if it is not destroyed before then. If there are no allied units adjacent to the Savage Vampire it destroys itself.

I would like to see a vampire unit that has the ability to feed on its target. Basically, the ability would simulate a vampire draining its victim. First, the target has to be marked with doom by the vampire unit to symbolize preying on them, and then every turn after the target loses one point of power and the vampire unit goes up by one point of power. Another vampire unit can doom and feed off another allied unit.

A strategy like using Eskel (friend or foe) as a feeding source would be possible. I would also like to see a vampire leader that has the ability to doom drain the target. The vampire leader can choose one unit and doom it, causing the unit to lose 1 point of power on every turn thereby draining them. Once the target is destroyed, the vampire leader can recast doom and drain on a new unit.

If changed, IMMUNE can be turned in to the inability to be healed. If the vampire leader has placed doom on an enemy target, the other vampire units can drain at 2 points instead of 1 on the doomed unit every allied turn. This would be like the master vampire weakening the prey, and then the smell of blood makes all the lesser vampires go into a feeding frenzy until the enemy unit is destroyed. Doom also makes it so units that traditionally can return from the graveyard, can not.

Destroying a lesser vampire unit that is doom draining an enemy unit would be difficult, but not impossible to destroy hit with enough damage. There can also be a card called Elder's Blood that gives the player two options. 1) They can heal all allied vampire units or use it on an enemy unit with 6 or less power and transform that unit into a power 6 Savage Vampire causing the now transformed unit to drain all adjacent allied units by 2 points on the left and the right. The Savage Vampire will automatically have doom placed on it and survive for four enemy turns if it is not destroyed before then. If there are no allied units adjacent to the Savage Vampire it destroys itself.

I have some problems and some thoughts.

Problems.

1. Doom is a very serious tag because it prevents resurrection and consumption. Gaunter is essentially the only unit that causes doom. To add this would unbalance quite a bit of the game.
2. The drain damage is a SK staple. To do this would make them less unique.
3. Drain like sieze is a double whammy. Every point drained is a 2 point swing. So if you are going to use it, it should have a very high provision cost and require an order rather than a deploy.

Suggestions

1. Vampires could make an excellent draw deck with higher vampires summoning lower vampires every turn. This would be an order and placed on a gold unit.
2. A sieze card would be excellent whereby a higher vampire turns an enemy unit, that unit gets a temporary vampire tag and loses 1 HP for three turns before being boosted by 5 when the transition is complete. Cap the sieze at 5 power. (Edit note, I just checked, it is made clear in the Witcher books that vampires do not turn humans. But there was a second conjunction of the spheres so you could introduce a new spieces of vampire that does. Since it is a gold card, it is a rare offshoot.)
3. Transformation would be a good identity for vampire cards. In there lower forms they can be engines doing damage (without boosting themselves,) or in their higher form, they can be immune but have no engine abilities. The transformation would not heal the unit (lubberkin is kinda broken in that regard,) but it also does not reset the unit. So if you were to boost it by 10 with the Garrison you could then protect those points.
4. Edit addition. I just checked and confirmed that invisibility is a vampire ability. So a card that can turn invisible on deploy would be very interesting. Row effects would still work on the unit, but no move effect could work. Also being invisible would have a similar effect to immune in that unless the player used an order to make the vampire visible, it cannot be harmed nor buffed except for row effects.

Last edited:
I have some problems and some thoughts.

Problems.

1. Doom is a very serious tag because it prevents resurrection and consumption. Gaunter is essentially the only unit that causes doom. To add this would unbalance quite a bit of the game.
2. The drain damage is a SK staple. To do this would make them less unique.
3. Drain like sieze is a double whammy. Every point drained is a 2 point swing. So if you are going to use it, it should have a very high provision cost and require an order rather than a deploy.

Suggestions

1. Vampires could make an excellent draw deck with higher vampires summoning lower vampires every turn. This would be an order and placed on a gold unit.
2. A sieze card would be excellent whereby a higher vampire turns an enemy unit, that unit gets a temporary vampire tag and loses 1 HP for three turns before being boosted by 5 when the transition is complete. Cap the sieze at 5 power. (Edit note, I just checked, it is made clear in the Witcher books that vampires do not turn humans. But there was a second conjunction of the spheres so you could introduce a new spieces of vampire that does. Since it is a gold card, it is a rare offshoot.)
3. Transformation would be a good identity for vampire cards. In there lower forms they can be engines doing damage (without boosting themselves,) or in their higher form, they can be immune but have no engine abilities. The transformation would not heal the unit (lubberkin is kinda broken in that regard,) but it also does not reset the unit. So if you were to boost it by 10 with the Garrison you could then protect those points.
4. Edit addition. I just checked and confirmed that invisibility is a vampire ability. So a card that can turn invisible on deploy would be very interesting. Row effects would still work on the unit, but no move effect could work. Also being invisible would have a similar effect to immune in that unless the player used an order to make the vampire visible, it cannot be harmed nor buffed except for row effects.

Thank you for your suggestions, critique, and contribution to the idea. At least it helps the suggestion grow into something that is more conducive to the game mechanics. I just wanted to get the ball rolling. I really want to play an all vampire deck.

Thank you for your suggestions, critique, and contribution to the idea. At least it helps the suggestion grow into something that is more conducive to the game mechanics. I just wanted to get the ball rolling. I really want to play an all vampire deck.

No problem, I wouldn't mind it myself.

Top Bottom