Vanilla Cutscene Lighting STWLM/WLM

+
Hi. So ive been using the mods STWLM and WLM on and off for some time. Ive noticed in playthroughs cutscenes are abit dark especially with STWLM where some are just pitch black. I was wondering if its difficult to make these mods have fully vanilla cutscene lighting? So far ive tried unpacking the mods and replacing the files cutscen_definition_global, cutscen_definition_kaer_morhen, dandelion_cellar_cutscene, q__cs_ship_leaves_1, and q106_temp_island_env_int_cs with the vanilla ones. Also tried deleting the whole cutscene folder from the mod. This changed the lighting to be abit brighter but they are not even close to vanilla. I was wondering is cutscene lighting integrated in all of the env files in these mods somehow or have i just missed a file somewhere to delete/replace?

Last edited:
No, cutscene lighting is not integrated in all of the env files.
create mod and edit quest files w2scene with Modeditor or Wolven-kit
if you remove at CStorySceneSection lightMod1, lightMod12
cam light in cutscen_definition_global.env m_cameraLightsSetup\sceneLight0 and sceneLight1 is loaded.
but you can edit light and cam light in quest files to.

No, cutscene lighting is not integrated in all of the env files.
create mod and edit quest files w2scene with Modeditor or Wolven-kit
if you remove at CStorySceneSection lightMod1, lightMod12
cam light in cutscen_definition_global.env m_cameraLightsSetup\sceneLight0 and sceneLight1 is loaded.
but you can edit light and cam light in quest files to.

There doesnt seem to be any questfiles or w2scene files in wlm/stwlm so im guessing the cutscene lighting must be in some other files of the mods?

so weird that Vanilla (a full game with a design) looks better than a mashup of two lighting mods, where you now re-added manually the lights that were removed by the mods in the first place... :unsure::unsure:

so weird that Vanilla (a full game with a design) looks better than a mashup of two lighting mods, where you now re-added manually the lights that were removed by the mods in the first place... :unsure::unsure:

All i wanted was just to have the cutscenes look like vanilla with everything else like stwlm. When i try STLM lighting mod cutscenes look exactly like vanilla so i figured it must be possible. And i dont even understand why they would remove them from cutscenes anyways. Theres so many situations where cutscenes are pitch black. Dont you wanna see whats going on in a scene?. I dont care if theres some fake lighting sources to help show me whats going on.

This is a personal preference btw. Some people have different kind of IRL playing settings like room, natural lighting or dark room. Also because monitors are varied ALOT some use gamma and brightness settings better suited for different setups.

If you want vanilla light in cutscene for mod light , make sure you ave removed in env file m_cameraLightsSetup
path :environment\definitions\cutscenes_definition
next for cutscenes dark , remove at CStorySceneSection lightMod1, lightMod12 for quest files.
now , the game load m_cameraLightsSetup in env

Top Bottom