Vehicle moving.

+
Hello.
We may have a digital limiter as the mousewheel and a permanant cruisecontrol activate ?
As much as i would love to use my throttle i would need 2 left hands then ^-^ (and I think the game does not support anything but keyboard anyways).
It would be like the mousewheel change the vehicle velocity, from 0 to max, that would be a great plus for immersive gameplay. then w and s would just set the forward or backward velocity, sounds great right ?
Maybe let the choice to play like this or with w and s only. (just in case something goes wrong for someone).
Kind regards. <3

Axvil

Forum regular
PC player here, using an x-box controller for driving. You should also check out Nexus mods for improved driving scripts etc
To be fair, even with all that, driving still feels a lil janky, but it is significantly better than say v1.00 vanilla

I`m using driving mod which basically adds another key for 50% acceleration. Night and day difference,

I wholly agree. Even playing today the driving could use some serious work. I honestly feel very little difference in driving vehicles from before to now.

About the driving mechanics I feel like they could improve gear downgrades or give us the manual option. Right now the car always downgrades to like 9000rpm, you just want to make a simple turn and BOOM! suddenly the car is screaming and burning tires lol. Also the steering wheel still feels kinda weird, it could be a little bit heavier to turn

There should be simple "hold speed" -button like holding down shift key while driving and the car stays at the speed it's currently at.
Maybe have a separate slider how sensitive the inputs are when holding the key.
Very similar to the "cruise control" already suggested.

I've always liked how FarCry lets the player just cruise on the road. It just superimposes AI vehicle behavior, regulates speed, and lets the player just drive casually to the destination. Great little feature. Something like that would be ideal for PC players, I think.

Aside from that, like others above, I use a gamepad for driving in most games. Analog gas, brakes, and steering makes a huge difference.

to* There is a difference between 'too' and 'to'.
How did PC mods fix the driving? From reading this thread it seems to be mostly by introducing ways to set your speed which...controllers already do:)
Theres mods that "fixes" the physics of cars, higher top speed and so on too. Its kinda silly that a great sports car in the future is as slow as the caliburn for example. With mods it feels much more like a future car.

Tbh i was kinda unimpressed with the future tech in this game over all. 50+ years in the future i hope we have something better then whats availeble in cp2077

Tbh i was kinda unimpressed with the future tech in this game over all. 50+ years in the future i hope we have something better then whats availeble in cp2077

To be fair the futuristic technology is there (flying vehicles and such), but the world of CP77 also needs to be taken into account. The greedy corporations, who very well might be keeping technology back to get more money:)

To be fair the futuristic technology is there (flying vehicles and such), but the world of CP77 also needs to be taken into account. The greedy corporations, who very well might be keeping technology back to get more money:)
hehe true, i was pretty disapointed that we could not get the flying cars and stuff tho. Also since its Cyberpunk its very 80s-90s inspired "high" tech. Same with the guns tbh, only the smart weapons seem high tech if i think about it. Kinda would ahve thought that the eye tech would have better functions and same with scopes and so on but i get the feeling it cant be too hightech without ruining the whole CP feeling...

Just a little example of how people generally "think" the future will be much more "advanced" that it is in reality :)
Vision of 2015 in 1989...

Theres mods that "fixes" the physics of cars, higher top speed and so on too. Its kinda silly that a great sports car in the future is as slow as the caliburn for example. With mods it feels much more like a future car.

Well you can always play Cyberpunk 2020.
In that the future can be pretty much anything you want and car controls are exactly how you want them.

Top Bottom