Vehicle Reviews

+
I thought I'd post a thread of reviews of vehicles I've driven, mostly to provoke other people into suggesting for me vehicles I should try.

Firstly, some general points:

1. You can carry your entire stash on anything, including Jackie's ARCH, so there's no point in having a truck just to carry more.
  2. You never transport more than one other person in your own car, so there's no particular advantage to having a four (or more) seater.
  3. Driving with mouse and keyboard is hard, and is not a fun experience. I got myself a games controller just for driving, and it's way better.
  4. Nevertheless, some vehicles handle a lot better and are a lot more enjoyable to drive than others.

Archer Hella EC-D i360​

Absolutely nothing to recomend it. Poor acceleration, poor handling, poor offroad handling. Use only until you get something better.

Brennan Apollo "Scorpion"​

Best of the motorbikes I've tried so far. Excellent handling on road and off, reasonably quick.

Chevillon Emperor 620 Ragnar​

A Chelsea tractor. Incredibly ugly, with an incredibly ugly paint job; dreadful handling, on road and off; decidedly modest acceleration. Inexpensive but definitely not worth the price.

Delamain No. 21​

Why?

Jackie's ARCH​

Fast, looks good, handles well on road, sentimental attachment. Lots of good things. Not nearly as capable as the Brennan Apollo Scorpion off road.

Kaukaz Bratsk U4020​

You can't own one of these, but grab a chance to drive one, it's a total hoot. This is the biggest, heaviest truck in the game. Off road, it gets stuck crossing gorges and ridges because of its size, so choose reasonably smooth routes for it. On road, it will go through (or over) anything. Acceleration is extremely modest, and in my experience it never achieves enough speed to get into serious skids, but its turning circle is not tight.

Makigai MaiMai P126​

Small, cheap, cute, trashy. So cheap you can afford it just for the LOLs.

Mizutani Shion "Coyote"​

Fast and capable, off road and on. Probably the best of the Nomad sports cars; although the handling is not forgiving under fierce acceleration and the interior is a bit trashy. Expensive.

Mizutani Shion Targa MZT​

By a good lead the best looking car in the game, and also handles very well. Unfortunately, you can't buy one – but after dealing with a certain crime incident you'll find a silver one sitting in a garage, and it would be almost a crime not to take it out for a spin.

Porsche 911 II (930) Turbo​

It's a classic Porsche, goddammit. Beautifully realised. Also, probably because Porsche (the company) didn't want screen-shots of half-wrecked versions, not destructable as other vehicles are.

Quadra Type-66 "Javelina"​

My personal favourite of the Nomad sports cars. Handling is a bit more forgiving than the Coyote (possibly because the acceleration isn't quite as fierce), and in my opinion better looking.

Rayfield Aerondight "Guinevere"​

Utterly hideous and absurdly overpriced. Shares the Caliburn's delightful engine sounds, but nothing else to recommend it.

Rayfield Caliburn​

The best sports car you can own. Get one. Best on-road handling in the game, and also I believe the fastest vehicle. The engine sound is to die for. My favourite is the black one (and it's free), but the silver/yellow one is also damned smart.

Thorton Colby C125​

Nothing much to recommend it. Estate car body, but since you don't actually get to stow anything in it (apart from your stash, which you can carry around on Jackie's ARCH) that's pretty much irrelevant. Modest acceleration, poor handling. Full disclosure, I've only driven stolen examples, I haven't bought the ownable one.

Thorton Colby CX410 Butte​

Just don't. I know it's free at the film set, but it doesn't remotely compare to Little Mule.

Thorton Colby "Little Mule"​

My favourite car of all. Pickup body; extra armour and Crystal Dome screens, which the base model doesn't have. Very tough. In my opinion, good looking. Not the fastest and certainly not the fastest accelerating, but handles extremely well and controllably, both on and off road.

Thorton Galena "Rattler"​

Rattler is a reference to the state of this junk-heap, not to a venemous snake. This is the vehicle nomad V starts off in, and it was pretty shit then. It's worse by the time you rediscover it. Leave it to Alanah Pearce.

Thorton Galena "Gecko"​

If you must have a nomad hatchback, this is the one to get; but in my opinion the performance isn't nearly as good as Little Mule, and it doesn't look nearly as smart. Inexpensive, but it needs to be.

Villefort Alvarado "Vato"​

Ugly as sin and with handling to match, but the only convertible you own and it's surely a lot of bling. If you're into style over substance, this is your car.

Rattler is a reference to the state of this junk-heap, not to a venemous snake. This is the vehicle nomad V starts off in, and it was pretty shit then. It's worse by the time you rediscover it. Leave it to Alanah Pearce.
Seriously ? For me, it's the funniest driving car in the game.
I don't know what it looks like with a keyboard. But with my controller, cruising in the Badlands roads (especially around Rocky Ridge) is just way too fun :D
In this car, you feel like Ken Block. (Inboard obviously)

Last edited:
The Rayfield Caliburn.
This hypercar accelerates and drives like a rocket, it also brakes like a rocket, meaning you will crash into the car in front of you even if you deployed parachute in the previous postal code. The interior looks minimalistic and expensive, making you feel even more dissapointed after you created a chain of wrecks(by blasting your rocket into them). An expensive toy that makes you feel like you are the fastest but we do not recommend for every day use.

BAV51

Forum regular

Just don't. I know it's free at the film set, but it doesn't remotely compare to Little Mule.
Yes but IMHO it is the most practical of the "free" cars, remember the Little Mule, which is also one of my favourites, cost 49,000 eddies, so I have to "save up" to get it.

In my opinion the Archer Quartz EC-L R275, is quick and manoeuvrable and perfect for the Night City roads. It is the first car I usually buy.

The Rayfield Caliburn.
This hypercar accelerates and drives like a rocket, it also brakes like a rocket, meaning you will crash into the car in front of you even if you deployed parachute in the previous postal code. The interior looks minimalistic and expensive, making you feel even more dissapointed after you created a chain of wrecks(by blasting your rocket into them). An expensive toy that makes you feel like you are the fastest but we do not recommend for every day use.

I actually like it for round-town use. Yes, you do have to be very gentle on the accelerator, and it has an annoying habit of rolling backwards when starting from stopped; but the steering and brakes are good and predictable as compared to other cars. It is a rocket, and on clear roads it's fun to let it rip; but it's very docile when driven slowly.

Seriously ? For me, it's the funniest driving car in the game.
I don't know what it looks like with a keyboard. But with my controller, cruising in the Badlands roads (especially around Rocky Ridge) is just way too fun :D
In this car, you feel like Ken Block. (Inboard obviously)
I find the Rattler the funnest and cutest little vehicle to have. I've spend quite some hours in the starting area from the badlands as a Nomad and did some fun things with that car. This time round I will get it get. Fck that other girl. She can have the hella :LOL:

My second favourite car is both the Mizutani MZT convertible and the Mizutani MZ2 (buyable one)
Btw: I also have come across a black variant of the MZT that was driven by some NPCs. Stole it of course ;)

Then, my favourite motorcycle is the CT-3X is crazy fast similar to the Mizutani's

The CT-3X is fun :D
The only problem for me with this motorcycle... How you can drive fast inboard ? We see nothing at all inboard :(

And nobody like the Quadra Turbo Vtec ?
Not as fast as Caliburn, but very good acceleration. And an amazing sound :D

The CT-3X is fun :D
The only problem for me with this motorcycle... How you can drive fast inboard ? We see nothing at all inboard :(

And nobody like the Quadra Turbo Vtec ?
Not as fast as Caliburn, but very good acceleration. And an amazing sound :D
If its the one from the game's art, then yes I do like it. I did a playthrough where I almost exclusively drove that vehicle after getting it really early on. Seems to be one of the vehicles with best handling now(where it previously had a tendency to slide all over the place)

And I specifically mean, this one:
photomode_10042021_005215.png

If you want a fast bike, I'd recommend the Yaiba Kusanagi CT-3X. It's wickedly fast, and it looks absolutely fantastic.

(It's not as fast as the Caliburn, but I love driving it)

After 3 full playthroughs now I can 100% without a doubt say, the Quadra Turbo R V-Tech is by far the best vehicle in the game. I try to get it as fast as possible and don't bother to use anything else.

1. Its fast
  2. it looks cool
  3. it handles better than all the other cars
  4. Its free

Cyberpunk 2077_20210415204852.jpg

Come at me bruh!

Last edited:
After 3 full playthroughs now I can 100% without a doubt the Quadra Turbo R V-Tech is by far the best vehicle in the game. I try to get it as fast as possible and don't bother to use anything else.

1. Its fast
  2. it looks cool
  3. it handles better than all the other cars
  4. Its free
Had to quickly google it again becasue I always mistake that for the R740. I have to admit I can't remember if I drove it once.
Honest question, is it noticeably better than either an Avenger or Mizutani? (I consider these are more or less equal)

I thought I'd post a thread of reviews of vehicles I've driven, mostly to provoke other people into suggesting for me vehicles I should try.

Firstly, some general points:

1. You can carry your entire stash on anything, including Jackie's ARCH, so there's no point in having a truck just to carry more.
  2. You never transport more than one other person in your own car, so there's no particular advantage to having a four (or more) seater.
  3. Driving with mouse and keyboard is hard, and is not a fun experience. I got myself a games controller just for driving, and it's way better.
  4. Nevertheless, some vehicles handle a lot better and are a lot more enjoyable to drive than others.

Archer Hella EC-D i360​

Absolutely nothing to recomend it. Poor acceleration, poor handling, poor offroad handling. Use only until you get something better.

Brennan Apollo "Scorpion"​

Best of the motorbikes I've tried so far. Excellent handling on road and off, reasonably quick.

Chevillon Emperor 620 Ragnar​

A Chelsea tractor. Incredibly ugly, with an incredibly ugly paint job; dreadful handling, on road and off; decidedly modest acceleration. Inexpensive but definitely not worth the price.

Delamain No. 21​

Why?

Jackie's ARCH​

Fast, looks good, handles well on road, sentimental attachment. Lots of good things. Not nearly as capable as the Brennan Apollo Scorpion off road.

Kaukaz Bratsk U4020​

You can't own one of these, but grab a chance to drive one, it's a total hoot. This is the biggest, heaviest truck in the game. Off road, it gets stuck crossing gorges and ridges because of its size, so choose reasonably smooth routes for it. On road, it will go through (or over) anything. Acceleration is extremely modest, and in my experience it never achieves enough speed to get into serious skids, but its turning circle is not tight.

Makigai MaiMai P126​

Small, cheap, cute, trashy. So cheap you can afford it just for the LOLs.

Mizutani Shion "Coyote"​

Fast and capable, off road and on. Probably the best of the Nomad sports cars; although the handling is not forgiving under fierce acceleration and the interior is a bit trashy. Expensive.

Mizutani Shion Targa MZT​

By a good lead the best looking car in the game, and also handles very well. Unfortunately, you can't buy one – but after dealing with a certain crime incident you'll find a silver one sitting in a garage, and it would be almost a crime not to take it out for a spin.

Porsche 911 II (930) Turbo​

It's a classic Porsche, goddammit. Beautifully realised. Also, probably because Porsche (the company) didn't want screen-shots of half-wrecked versions, not destructable as other vehicles are.

Quadra Type-66 "Javelina"​

My personal favourite of the Nomad sports cars. Handling is a bit more forgiving than the Coyote (possibly because the acceleration isn't quite as fierce), and in my opinion better looking.

Rayfield Aerondight "Guinevere"​

Utterly hideous and absurdly overpriced. Shares the Caliburn's delightful engine sounds, but nothing else to recommend it.

Rayfield Caliburn​

The best sports car you can own. Get one. Best on-road handling in the game, and also I believe the fastest vehicle. The engine sound is to die for. My favourite is the black one (and it's free), but the silver/yellow one is also damned smart.

Thorton Colby C125​

Nothing much to recommend it. Estate car body, but since you don't actually get to stow anything in it (apart from your stash, which you can carry around on Jackie's ARCH) that's pretty much irrelevant. Modest acceleration, poor handling. Full disclosure, I've only driven stolen examples, I haven't bought the ownable one.

Thorton Colby "Little Mule"​

My favourite car of all. Pickup body; extra armour and Crystal Dome screens, which the base model doesn't have. Very tough. In my opinion, good looking. Not the fastest and certainly not the fastest accelerating, but handles extremely well and controllably, both on and off road.

Thorton Galena "Gecko"​

If you must have a nomad hatchback, this is the one to get; but in my opinion the performance isn't nearly as good as Little Mule, and it doesn't look nearly as smart. Inexpensive, but it needs to be.

Villefort Alvarado "Vato"​

Ugly as sin and with handling to match, but the only convertible you own and it's surely a lot of bling. If you're into style over substance, this is your car.
I would never have gotten to this level of detail, but I applaud your efforts and attention to detail. +1 point.

Had to quickly google it again becasue I always mistake that for the R740. I have to admit I can't remember if I drove it once.
Honest question, is it noticeably better than either an Avenger or Mizutani? (I consider these are more or less equal)

Its the same car you see in a lot of the CP promotional videos.

Personally I'd say the Turbo R V-tech is technically superior to the Avenger (which is in a different model class of the same brand) and the Mitzutani which is a totally different type of car.

The Quadra avenger can potentially reach a top speed of of a few mph higher than the V-tech, but it never feels right to me, I can really weave around and drive fast with the Turbo R V-Tech, where as the others don't have the same level of control. I'm not a fan of any of the Mitzutani's. The Turbo R V-Tech seems to have some muscle weight to it and a lower center of gravity, so it handles less like a kite flapping in the wind.

*hold my beer* and where is the original car from the trailer? that car was deadly beautiful and i can't to find it at all.

Turbo R V-tec vs Quadra 740R :
Like a coal and a diamond. Same base matter, but the result is totally different.
Awesome sound :D

Turbo R V-tec vs Quadra 740R :
Like a coal and a diamond. Same base matter, but the result is totally different :D
My consideration for the R740: Fine enough car to steal from the Tgers, if there's no Mizutani around. Handles like a broomstick, turning circle feels like its the size of the moon. I do however VERY much like the neon frameswork around the windows for the Tyger Cars :D
Alright then, need myself to be vigilant for that V-Tec a bit more.

Top Bottom