Vehicle Reviews

+
For me there is none better than the Quadra Type-66 "Cthulhu". Sure it may handle like a shopping cart on a skating rink, but damn does it look cool doing it.

Its the same car you see in a lot of the CP promotional videos.
i also read somewhere thats not only the promo car in the trailers but it was also meant to be Jackys car in the first place, what makes sense the way its shown so often and related to V in the trailers - but than again it was replaced by the arch bike just to feature keanu reeves even more: for those who wasnt aware Arch is Keanu Reeves brand in RL.

For me there is none better than the Quadra Type-66 "Cthulhu". Sure it may handle like a shopping cart on a skating rink, but damn does it look cool doing it.
Also fun, but only one problem (for me), inboard you sadly can't see anything (i play only first person) :D
i also read somewhere thats not only the promo car in the trailers but it was also meant to be Jackys car in the first place, what makes sense the way its shown so often and related to V in the trailers - but than again it was replaced by the arch bike just to feature keanu reeves even more: for those who wasnt aware Arch is Keanu Reeves brand in RL.
I'm so happy that they did that !
Love that bike so much :D

Quadra Type-66 "Cthulhu" : My favourite car so far. A good mix between nomad style and urban badassery. It handles quite well and it is fast. Reward for completing a mission in a certain way ;)

I have different rpg-vehicle sets for my chars…

Street Kid
Night City (sunny): Both of the Archs, the Kusanagi & the Alvarado „Vato“
Night City (rainy): Hella EC-D I360 & Quadra Turbo-R V-Tec
Badlands: Apollo Scorpion, Thorton Mackinaw Beast

Nomade
Night City (general): Quadra Type-66 Cthulhu
Badlands: Galena Rattler (Lifepath), Shion „Coyote“, Quadra „Javelina“

Corpo
Night City (day): Outlaw GTS, Rayfield „Guinevere“, Rayfield Caliburn (Gold edition)
Night City (night): Rayfield Caliburn (Black edition)
Badlands:
Quadra Type-66 Cthulhu

i like using different vehicles depending on day/night time, lifepath and sometimes even current glam/gear - lots of them make fun :)

I have different rpg-vehicle sets for my chars…

i like using different vehicles depending on day/night time, lifepath and sometimes even current glam/gear - lots of them make fun :)

On my current run through I'm trying to collect all the ownable vehicles, so of course I've got both Caliburns; but I hadn't thought of using one for day-wear!

I've also just got the Quadra Turbo R that someone was praising above, and I'm really underwhelmed. It drives too much like my old Triumph Spitfire that almost killed me: under heavy acceleration the back wheels can get loose very suddenly and spin the vehicle. It's difficult to move off from stopped without spinning the tyres, and it's very hard to control acceleration; it feels as if the engine has a tight powerband.

I mean, you can spin the Caliburns if you're too leaden footed with the throttle, but on the whole they're fairly controllable (and actually faster). And the engine sound of the Turbo R is harsh and thrashy, unlike the Caliburn's muted howl. 4/10: all style, not much substance.

On my current run through I'm trying to collect all the ownable vehicles, so of course I've got both Caliburns; but I hadn't thought of using one for day-wear!

I've also just got the Quadra Turbo R that someone was praising above, and I'm really underwhelmed. It drives too much like my old Triumph Spitfire that almost killed me: under heavy acceleration the back wheels can get loose very suddenly and spin the vehicle. It's difficult to move off from stopped without spinning the tyres, and it's very hard to control acceleration; it feels as if the engine has a tight powerband.

I mean, you can spin the Caliburns if you're too leaden footed with the throttle, but on the whole they're fairly controllable (and actually faster). And the engine sound of the Turbo R is harsh and thrashy, unlike the Caliburn's muted howl. 4/10: all style, not much substance.
Are you talking about the Quadra TurboR 740 (to buy) or the Quadra TurboR V-Tech (reward) ?
Because they're not the same at all :)

If you talk about the TurboR V-Tech, i don't feel the same :(
Maybe the XB controller really help (for driving at least) :D

Are you talking about the Quadra TurboR 740 (to buy) or the Quadra TurboR V-Tech (reward) ?
Because they're not the same at all :)

If you talk about the TurboR V-Tech, i don't feel the same :(
Maybe the XB controller really help (for driving at least) :D
V-Tech. And I'm using an X-Box controller (driving is very nearly impossible without one, so I bought one specially).

Shion is car with the best handling and brakes which I found in CP. It have also good acceleration, top speed and maneuverability when driving out of road. Offered by fixer Dakota for $115000.​
Shion_Coyote.jpg

Caliburn (black for free, or white from fixer Dino for $157000). If you want vehicle with fast acceleration, highest top speed and with modern look, then search no more ... Caliburn is answer to your needs. However brakes for this vehicle reacts with delay, so you will need really good estimate when to start using them. Caliburn is the best used on long routes on streets with multiple lanes. Single lanes streets with high traffic are real hell for these cars ...​
Cyberpunk 2077® 2021.04.18 - 10.03.57.01.png

Other cars, like on image below can be fun to drive too, but there is alway needed sacrifice something. If you can forgive slow speed and acceleration, then car below is a good tip. Is slow, but surprisingly well maneuverable, it is something for fun rides and looking around. :)
_____________________________________________________________________________________
However, if you need or want to move fast in city centre during times with highest traffic ... then there is nothing better as motorbikes. Below is few of them which I like to use. Kusanagi is the fastest but not the most agile. You really will need learn how to turn using skid. Wokako will sell it to you for $22k which imo is really cheap.​
photomode_28012021_173008.png

Brennan Apollo is unbeatable in rough terrain. You can get it as reward from gigs with Panam.
photomode_09022021_235221.png

And if you want something for fun rides, which looks good, have awesome engine sound, then go for Arches. Both below can be get for free when particiapte in gigs (Heroes and The Highwayman).​
photomode_13042021_202145.png
photomode_13042021_225005.png

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077® 2021.04.17 - 11.05.35.00.png
    Cyberpunk 2077® 2021.04.17 - 11.05.35.00.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 68
  • Cyberpunk 2077® 2021.04.18 - 10.01.32.00.png
    Cyberpunk 2077® 2021.04.18 - 10.01.32.00.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
My must is the Coyote. That car makes bad drivers like me an easy thing. Also is very good looking.

In general, I like nomad cars. I like the sidewinder aesthetic but there is no one for sale. The little mule is cute too but for some reason, all the mules I drive comes with sun rays in the face. Impossible to drive in first person, and it does not change to third... I suppose it's a bug.

I have a soft spot for the MaiMai. It's so small, it's cute... and quite easy to use in the city...

Following on from this thread, I decided to try to make video reviews of as many vehicles as I can. The first one is here. Let me know if you'd like to see more of these!

Nice, especially with all cars inline ;)
Yes, the interior are really well made.

Following on from this thread, I decided to try to make video reviews of as many vehicles as I can. The first one is here. Let me know if you'd like to see more of these!

I prefer the Coyote myself. And it's a bit hard to power-slide when the car feels like it's driving on ice.

Seriously ? For me, it's the funniest driving car in the game.
I don't know what it looks like with a keyboard. But with my controller, cruising in the Badlands roads (especially around Rocky Ridge) is just way too fun :D
In this car, you feel like Ken Block. (Inboard obviously)
Agree, had the most fun driving that as well. Mostly because you can almost keep the speeder at full throttle all the time and it sounds very aggressive and funny handling :D

The Outlaw is really, really pretty (especially the one outside Afterlife). And I love that the tail lights come on in sequence.

Utterly impossible to steer, will reliably crash into things a kilometre in front of you before the brakes kick in.

But so, so pretty.

For general driving that i can control i really like the garbage trucks (seriously).

Currently loving the Gecko, it's the perfect car for me on my ps4, agile and stable enough to make the corners, sounds awesome and tough enough to deal with pop-in vehicles (or drive over them) and crashes after missing turns on the mini map.
Also the armoured windows feel right when rolling up on a crime on progress and ploughing through the first couple of perps!

The Outlaw is really, really pretty (especially the one outside Afterlife). And I love that the tail lights come on in sequence.

Utterly impossible to steer, will reliably crash into things a kilometre in front of you before the brakes kick in.

But so, so pretty.

For general driving that i can control i really like the garbage trucks (seriously).
Interesting. The Wiki item on the Outlaw says

"The Outlaw GTS is not only one one of the fastest cars in 2077, but it also has one of the best handling and controllability, able to take 90 degree turns up to 90 kph without sliding. Its high turning speed, good traction, and acceleration, all combine to make it an excellent choice for racing"​

But, like you, that's not my experience of it. I don't think it's dreadful, but it's nothing like as good as the Caliburn or the Javelina. It is easier to get into trouble in the Caliburn, but that's because it's ludicrously overpowered – its handling is actually very good. I've already recorded its video on the Lake Farm Hill Climb for the Outlaw (yes, there are crashes), but haven't yet recorded the commentary.

Top Bottom