Vehicle Reviews

+
Interesting. The Wiki item on the Outlaw says

"The Outlaw GTS is not only one one of the fastest cars in 2077, but it also has one of the best handling and controllability, able to take 90 degree turns up to 90 kph without sliding. Its high turning speed, good traction, and acceleration, all combine to make it an excellent choice for racing"​

But, like you, that's not my experience of it. I don't think it's dreadful, but it's nothing like as good as the Caliburn or the Javelina. It is easier to get into trouble in the Caliburn, but that's because it's ludicrously overpowered – its handling is actually very good. I've already recorded its video on the Lake Farm Hill Climb for the Outlaw (yes, there are crashes), but haven't yet recorded the commentary.
It's the brakes that get me. Even adding in the handbrake, when I'm coming up to a traffic jam and I'm punching the air because I finally got the Outlaw to stop in time and then... CRUNCH. And I burst out laughing.

IMHO the best Car in the game is the Mitsutani Shion "Coyote". Handles supperbly well both on road and off road, accelerates like a rocket, good top speed and it look absolutely bad ass. Plus the sound of the thing 😍. Love the high pitched scream at top speed with both turbos glowiny red hot. On my first playthough I was having trouble keeping up with the van in the mission you do for the Peralezes because I was using Vs standard vehicle and it struggles to keep up so I decided on my second one to use the coyote and it made that part of the mission trivial TBH.

So as a related question, what would folks recommend as alternate rides for doing the races with Claire? I find her Beast to be largely adequate to the challenge but wondered if there might be something better I could bring myself instead that could handle the speed, tight turns, sideswipes, gunfire, and other challenges the races present. And of course, it needs a window she can shoot out of. Can't have Claire sitting there being bored. :sleep:

So as a related question, what would folks recommend as alternate rides for doing the races with Claire? I find her Beast to be largely adequate to the challenge but wondered if there might be something better I could bring myself instead that could handle the speed, tight turns, sideswipes, gunfire, and other challenges the races present. And of course, it needs a window she can shoot out of. Can't have Claire sitting there being bored. :sleep:
My preference is probably Archer Quartz EC-T2.
Cyberpunk2077_ArcherQuartz_Basic-920-1080.jpg

While it isn't the fastest, I think it has a pretty good balance of speed/handing. It speeds up pretty quickly and doesn't entirely drop it on turns so you can pick up really quickly from that point. Doesn't feel very heavy/sturdy, but fun to drive nevertheless.

The Shion Coyote. I really wanted to be able to use it in the off-road race but it's the only one you're forced to use Beast unfortunately.

Yo, did they took away cars we could buy? I'm in my fourth playthrough and I can't get the job to buy the quadra avenger, that was indeed my favorite car
Post automatically merged:

I always used to drive in first person and just recently I discovered that this beast's pipes get overheated, I love it🔥🔥

Attachments

• 16505844479617519021277237789829.jpg
    16505844479617519021277237789829.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Funny to read this topic again.

In the time from last year somewhat I found myself getting a few new cars to tryout. And interestingly my favourites shifted a bit.

Somewhere last year I was doing a long stretch in Watson "getting all the Mizutani styles", basically me stealing every color variant.
Somehow it saturated my because I never purchased the buyable one.
Instead I searched out the Caliburn and Quadra Vtec and with patch 1.5 I also got the green Type-66 which you get from Dino.
And the funny thing is I have now a great love shared between the Avenger and that green Type-66.
I specifically like the growl of those engines and I like like the styling of the Quadra's.
Inside Night City, they are my go-to vehicles these days.
When I'm out in the badlands. I drive up to Dacota's garage where I parked my Rattler and do my shenanigans with that one.
After I'm done I always park it back at Dakota's and return to NC with a Quadra.

They may not be the best cars, but I'm quite heavy in that style over substance... And thus it Quadra Avenger and Type-66 for me.
Post automatically merged:

With exception of race #2, I always choose my ride.
And its either the Avenger, Shion or Caliburn.
Note: I discovered that in a Caliburn Claire cant shoot at enemies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom