Veil question for the new expansion

+
My thinking is based on Fabian Hale and syndicate as bounty would be massive from the looks of it and probably the devs can answer it better.
So if you have a tall unit and it gets poisoned and you can veil it you go for it. It keeps the poison tag plus the veil one but any extra poison won't do a thing.
Now if it gets a bounty by the Witchfinder for example, and you veil it will the new special card still do double damage? Will Fabian Hale get the coins if he tries to put the bounty there? If they do is it actually fair? You might have spent a leader ability, or tech for it, or your stratagem for having no effect at all.
I suspect the Witchfinder will keep trying to bounty the veiled unit no matter what.
So should veil obscure any extra tags. I understand removing them is hard to program because it will have massive issues with defenders etc.

We can wait and see I guess and spent our whole June and July playing syndicate but maybe there is something there. Maybe there isnt

DRK3

Forum veteran
I cant speak about new cards, but they will probably follow the current system:

giving veil is NOT a counter to bounty like it is for poison, since you still get the coins if that unit with bounty is killed.

However, if you play a tall veiled unit from the get-go, the witchfinder will keep trying to give it bounty and it cant, so veil is still good to fight off bounty, as long as its there before the bounty comes.

Veil doesn't remove or neutralize statuses the card had prior to getting Veil, so Hysteria should deal double damage if used on a Veiled unit that has Bounty.

Fabian should apply a Bounty, and the second part of his ability does not require the targeted unit to have Bounty.

I understand how veil works but that is kind of my point about it. There is no actual counter for bounty besides purify. Which in my opinion is a bit like poison in a sense you can effectively get immediate results within 2 turns. Unless Fabian actually has to place the bounty to gain the coins. I understand if the answer is "it is what it is" but I wonder if veil could be reworked.
Post automatically merged:

Fabian should apply a Bounty, and because the second part of his ability does not require the target unit to have Bounty he should also damage it.
I think you are thinking the professor. Fabian gets coins equal to his base power

Last edited:
You beat me by 5sec. Prof (i think) does not care. He just does what he does, bounty or not. Fabian seems to be the cheater to switch the bounty and profit without killing. The wording states he needs to hit the bounty to activate the second part (hopefully).
Sometimes cdpr likes to speak in riddles. The coins he produce would be base strenght of the "old" bounty, right? not of his "new" bounty target.
Making him the perfect followup if witchfinder bountys an untargetable unit like seass or piggy pr anything behind a defender.

edit: my 5sec = 25 min:beer:

I'm still curious: " Do x, and also do y if z" sounds to me like x has to be successful in order to move on. But could also be "Do x. Wether or not you did x successful, do y if z."
I honestly don't know and probably even english native speakers could have a difficult time with this.
Anybody?

Prof just came to mind 'cause you wrote bounty + dmg and FAbian doesn't do dmg. Thats Profs profession.

"Do X, and if Y also do Z." does not require X to succeed for Z to happen.
If X cannot be done at all (as in, there are no units to target) then Z also will not happen.
If X is done (with or without an actual effect) then Z only looks at Y.

That's it from me. The game will show it works soon enough. (Or a dev can explain it beforehand.)

(Still not sure why you brought up Professor. He's an old card.)

just because you mentioned Fabian and doing damage regardless his bounty being applied or not so I thought you either meant professor or you meant gaining coins. Its not important to my topic.
I'm not doubting the mechanics working properly also. They do what they do. Wording is not confusing in this case. My question is: should veil negate bounty. Not if it does now. It doesn't. If it is a good idea to do. In my opinion bounty is closer as a mechanic to poison rather than lock where purify exists

If X cannot be done at all (as in, there are no units to target) then Z also will not happen.

That's it from me. The game will show it works soon enough.

Well, he quoted your original post, (before you edit it) and, unless you as a moderator edit his post, your original post was

"Fabian should apply a Bounty, and because the second part of his ability does not require the target unit to have Bounty he should also damage it."

Thats why he thought you were talking about professor.

There is no problem to a person say "sorry, i have made a mistake" the problem is edit the post and try to make the other person think he made a mistake.

I have read the topic before your edit and thought too you were talking about professor.

Sounds about right.

Top Bottom