Velen - Novigrad - Skellige - Level differences (need help)

+
Velen - Novigrad - Skellige - Level differences (need help)

Hey guys,

so I'm in Velen at the moment, and I have 1 or 2 quests to do, but I have this quest that says to search for Ciri in Novigrad, Velen and Skellige. I'm level 6 (just done the Jenny 'o the Woods contract on Death March).

My question is: Which level are quests in Novigrad and Skellige? Same level, way higher? Does a quest lead me there when it is "time" or do I have to go there on my own initiative?

---------- Post merged on 06-06-2015 at 02:36 AM ----------

Can someone help me please?

If you explore ?s on the map or do quests other than the main quests in velen you will be very much overleveled for skelige and most of your velen sidequests/hunts will be greyed out.

Velen quests can range from level one quests all the way up to level thirty three quests. It's a huge range, so there's no specific level for Velen, I'm afraid. From my experience, most Novigrad quests are catered to level ten to level twenty and Skellige is from level fifteen to level thirty. However, each region does still have the random quest that might be too low or too high for you. Again, those levels come from my own experiences in those regions.

Some of the Skellige related quests that are picked up in Novi/Velen are level 10-14 as well as some that you get in Skellige.

Yet the main quest suggests level 16 for going to Skellige - which to be fair is in keeping with the mob level you encounter (very briefly).

To be honest, not the games finest hour.

Yeah I am playing on Death March, and I had real trouble fighting the Jenny o the Woods while being character level 5, which is obviously 5 levels less than "recommended".

All I wanted to know is if there is a specific level threshhold from which on you should go to another region, since Yennefer told us to go to Velen, but also mentioned Triss in Novigrad. She said she would be in Skellige, which seemed to me at the time like a subtle hint to go to Skellige LATER because there are higher level enemies there. If that is the case I will probably wait till lvl 11 or 12 to go to Novigrad and wait until around 15 to visit Skellige.

I just want a relatively "natural" flow of things. I know you CAN return to Velen later on an SHOULD because there are higher level quests, I just wanted to know if I should WAIT until I go to Novigrad and Skellige (I'm level 8 atm) or go NOW so I do not miss the low level quests there.

Thanks a lot for the answers.

Top Bottom