version 1.04, fps dropped, anyone else?

+
version 1.04, fps dropped, anyone else?

What is with updates? 7 days since game was released, and already 3 updates?
Running the game on alienware 18, gtx 880m sli 16 gb total vmemory, ram 16gb, i7-4910MQ.

Prior to update 1.04 i was getting 55 fps average with geforce experience optimized settings for witcher 3. After the update 1.04, getting 50 fps average. Been recording fps with nVidia geforce fps counter.

I am NOT against updates, i understand they include fixes, but what is happening with fps?

I guess it's because they upped the texture rendering quality on high and ultra. I noticed it too...

Yep, lost around 8 - 12 fps on average. Can't remember if I'm running texes on ultra or not, and I've just switched off the gaming PC...

Oh ok, that is actually good, if they improved texture quality, I sort of guessed something like that happened, but I checked GeForce Experience Witcher 3 Profile and driver update, looks like Nvidia doesn't have updated optimized settings to compensate just yet. I must say I did notice the texture improvement.

Do you think if I re-optimize in GeForce Experience that it would sort of optimize taking into consideration the new settings? Any ideas please?

Thanks.

10-15 FPS lost. Lost 10 FPS with the previous update too. What are the monkeys at CDPR doing with this game? Textures don't even look any better, at least not enough to justify a 10-15 hit.

Just here to complain that I'm not butt hurt, continue.

Yeah, me too, don't mind me just here to say I was crying and bitching about a downgrade had pitchfork in hand and now I'll complain that since they're ACTUALLY doing something about it, now my FPS is dropping for OBVIOUS reasons...

:troll:
WTF CDPR Y U DO DIS TO ME??

With the two latest patches I now can run everything ultra with hairworks on, except using FXAA and have foliage distance to high and getting 30 fps outdoors. Indoors on close ups of Geralt's hair fps chugs however. This wasn't possible before these two patches. No idea why people are seeing worse performance.

My guess is people have jacked up their game with sweetfx and thus losing frames. Still getting good frames at 4k dsr and looks even better with this patch. This game was meant to be played at 4k and or dsr resolutions.

It causes frame loss dependent upon your system and settings in the config file Most people who jump to sweefx and have no idea how to use it generally don't realize smaa is on by default in the config file from allot of these sweetfx configs

I have never used SweetFX, I don't even know what it is. I always go stock and default when I can. I did not even touch the graphics manually, used GeForce Experience to auto-optimize. Is that a good thing? I think one of my GPU-s is not working at full power, the right one. Any idea how I can get them both working at full power?

Try this. Helped me a bit. I was getting a perfect 60 fps in Novigrad at the market since release. As soon as I installed 1.04 my fps went from 60 to 50-52. My temperatures are also ~5-10 C hotter. This helped a bit though. My frames are pretty much back to normal but the temps are still really high.

Navigate to C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\The Witcher 3\user.settings.ini

Find "TextureMipBias=-1" and change it to "TextureMipBias=0"
save it.

10-15 FPS lost. Lost 10 FPS with the previous update too. What are the monkeys at CDPR doing with this game? Textures don't even look any better, at least not enough to justify a 10-15 hit.

First graphics are not good now performance is not good, For the love of God... Master Race is master in everything from graphics mastery to whining mastery. Oh and I am from Master Race too :p

My guess is people have jacked up their game with sweetfx and thus losing frames.

Nope, not me. Haven't touched my settings since install, and running no graphics mods whatsoever. It's not a huge deal for me anyway, it's still well playable, and if it's due to the textures being upgraded in one of the patches, I'll just turn the texture rez down a notch or until I get the same performance as before. If it annoys me enough to bother. :)

Top Bottom