Vertical line artifact bug (gameplay visual issue)

+
Hey all, any idea why this would be happening? For the first 5-6 hours I played fine but randomly I started getting a vertical artifact type graphic glitch. I thought it was a part of the game because it happened after a quest so I thought it was normal, even though it made it almost unplayable, but I watched some YouTube videos of people doing it and theirs doesn't have this.

Example 1 (Vertical lines/artifacting in dark areas and surfaces)
https://streamable.com/0ksqm7

Example 2 (Artifacting on dark surfaces and vehicle light bug)

It is worse in dark areas or dark surfaces. It looks much worse in the actual game compared to watching the video (Note that the darkness and artifacting isn't a low quality video rendering issue, that's how it is in-game). I tried restarting the game, I reinstalled nVidia drivers (clean install option from website download), and tried changing all game graphics settings between every preset. I am thinking there's a bug with this save file and that I'm out of luck. I searched online but didn't see anyone else have this same issue.

i7-10875H (8c/16t), RTX 2080 Super Max-Q, 16GB DDR4 RAM, NVMe SSD, 2560x1440, Steam.

Edit: Yep, looks like a problem with the save. When I load a save from last night when before this started, there are no graphical issues. This started happening after one of the braindance quests with Judy/Silverhand if I remember correctly, and the issue kind of resembles some of the braindance graphics, so it may be related and it's why I thought this was normal... Unfortunate because it really does make the game unplayable, and my last save from before this started was yesterday, with lots of quests in between.

Last edited:
I have had this problem too, I tried updating drivers but that did not work and doing more dream dances doesn't fix it either, also changing Graphics settings doesn't work either.

This exact same thing happened to me as well. Regrettably Im on PS5 so I cannot update my graphical drivers like you have. If anyone has any solutions I would be infinitely grateful

I have the same issue too. The worst of it all?

You can't start a new game and avoid it. It affects your entire game.

Really hope CD Projekt Red fixes. Makes the game about unenjoyable, and uncomfortable (To view).

That is a visual effect the game applies when doing brain dances and having "digitization" of a story plot affecting your head. This shouldn't be any sort of driver issue or graphical bug, more so a game flag incorrectly persisting and causing the effect. The fact that it persists throughout any new game you start is super odd though, I'm sure it has been tried, but saying it anyway, tried deleting save games and the game itself, then redownloading? (update) nm I see you said an earlier save fixed it.

Also tried equipping/unequipping various items? I saw one post where they all but confirmed a "gun stutter" issue where it flickered and rubber banded in the hand was due to having a specific mod in the pants of their equipment then dismantling it. That would bug out the rest of the saves from there on forward and causing a lot of graphical issues.

I read somewhere to walk into the afterlife, I did, and it fixed it for now. What a horrible mess. I thought they didn't pull it digitally from xbox because it was ok. Its definitely not.

Top Bottom