Very cool video showing what system makes possible [1.5]

+
Yep, I don't use Sandevistan, but knives are damn OP :)
With the perks in Ninjutsu/Reflex and poison effect, they are deadly...
What I was looking at was it's like operational efficiency. 6th Streets gangers literally didn't had any time to react and in-world terms, didn't knew what was happening like creator of video put it.

On system level, attributes, skill related to them, perks and cyberware working to achieve something practical in in-game terms. And how the heck it couldn't feel great to pull something like that in-game?

For me, gaming and all this eternal young at heart stuff. Well my reactions aren't getting better so I'm not fucking feeling that. But I can be damn happy going with my high body terminators with beating gangers up, shotguns and machine guns.

Knives stuff, think it's good we get to discuss about that then months ago, don't you think? :p

Knives stuff, think it's good we get to discuss about that then months ago, don't you think? :p
Knives are the best add in 1.5, if you ask me :D
My build (and the futur ones) would always include them in... I have tons of fun to play with (I was annoyed by loosing the ability to use most of weapons in stealth due to the "crit chances nerf", but with the "new" knife features, I forget everything that I lost^^)

I mean, it's absolutely OP but Sandevistan has always been OP. This isn't new to 1.5.

I do this with my knife build with just Synaptic Reflexes triggering (3s duration). By the time it's run out, 4-5 are down. Any that are left tend to die before they trigger the OTT discovery sound. And I do love the changes they made to throwing knives (my current V is so much fun) but you can also just do this by running up to each target and doing strong attacks (which is still fun).

Only thing I'm not particularly pleased with the build is how poison is non-lethal. It feels really weird to stab someone in the face or throw a knife to one shot them in the head only to see them writhing about in agony on the floor and... alive. I don't mind it if the poison ticks and kills them (and I don't kill them with a stab/throw) but it seems the poison damage is the most likely to overwrite even a critical/one shot kill. If I want to be non lethal, I'll choose a non lethal approach. I think poison should be lethal.

Only thing I'm not particularly pleased with the build is how poison is non-lethal. It feels really weird to stab someone in the face or throw a knife to one shot them in the head only to see them writhing about in agony on the floor and... alive. I don't mind it if the poison ticks and kills them (and I don't kill them with a stab/throw) but it seems the poison damage is the most likely to overwrite even a critical/one shot kill. If I want to be non lethal, I'll choose a non lethal approach. I think poison should be lethal.
Why take Venomous Fangs then to begin with?

Wondered if there were some kind of hidden effect. My V didn't had that perk and I went and tested. Threw about 30 knives, Epic ones, got some crits but no poison effect occurred. I had one target drop to bleeding, that is intended effect, but no poison.

But I'm not on a mood to debate about that, don't give a damn really. No offence or whatever.

Really, what I see in video is system making possible executing scenario where player has done some recon before (knew where to enter, how to enter, prepared mantis blades, was aware of enemy positions) and then executed operation based on recon flawlessly. It appears that OP has a bit different meanings, but OP in this scenario is exactly what should happen, good planning, good execution, taking advantage from what is there. This is game rewarding from making good tactical decisions and character build making it practical possibly to achieve that for player.

After all that sea of shit full of ever changing goal posts "... but game we were promised.." great to watch to this. And yeah, lot's of things were already there and I didn't see game having a terrible system then and I don't see that now.

Guest 4616434

Never messed with Sandy. Might have to rectify that now with 1.5

Top Bottom