Very hard without crafting?

+
Should i always include a high crafting skill into a very hard gameplay or is it not to important if i take advantage of other skilltrees instead?

As far as I know crafting isn't very good (some people who invested in it say it really waste of points). The game throws a lot of loot... I planned to be tech/int netrunner but when I realized that upgreading gives so little dps/armor I droped the idea.

I wanted to love crafting, but unfortunately you get loot that smacks down what you can craft, and even when you do get some good crafting recipes they often don't have the slots or quality of what you find.

Save your attributes and perks for other areas.

Crafting only is useful for collection and craft legendary quickhacks.

There is no real need to immerse yourself in tech/crafting if your sole objective is to finish the game.

Cyberpunk 2077 is designed like a rollercoaster where you just can have fun and play whatever you want.

Sure, this kills every build, that wants to be remotely optimized, because it destroys the challenge curve of the game.

I finished the game on easy.. now i only want to be able to say i survived the game on very hard lol :>

you can finish game on Very Hard completely ignoring crafting... i would say its unnecessary, because only things you might need are lowest tier anyway (mods, ammo, healing) and available to you without single point in Tech tree... Plus, in regards of weapons, you will find a lot of good weapons along the way anyway...

If you want to use a specific weapon or weapons at legendary quality, then crafting might well be mandatory.

If you don't care about having a specific build and are content to just use whatever falls into your lap from random drops, then crafting is entirely optional.

Its unimportant.

Weapon/Armour mods are kind of broken and give more offense and defence than 10+ levels of upgrades or +1 rarity tier. What matters is how many mod slots you roll on the gear you pick up. This can be save scummed which by my own admission is shitty gameplay.

Epic Armadillo gives +240 armour and is stackable. There is no legendary variant. For reference, level 50 armour pieces top out at 180-190ish armour +10% or 15% if you have the crafting perks. So the base armour rating doesn't matter. You will get all your defence from mods anyway and +/- 500 armour doesn't make any difference when you have over 6000.

To upgrade all your gear to max level without crafting, you need billions of components. You don't have the cost reduction perks from the crafting tree to ease the pain. The alternative is to not pick up or use any gear you want to use too early in the game, so the upgrade cost doesn't become absurd. This is also shitty gameplay since you are incentivized to not use stuff in the level range where its going to matter for fear that the cost to keep level scaled will get out of control. People get around this by duping junk/upgrade components, which is easy to do.

The main reason to go crafting is to minimize save scumming and to avoid the duping glitch (or in anticipation of the fact that it is clearly unintended and may be patched out in future updates). The alternative is still shitty gameplay. You can do bad crafts with rubbish stats so save scumming is still on the menu. You will end up manually deconstructing items into components 1 by 1 so its a slightly different kind of shitty gameplay. I feel like the whole crafting system needs a rework.

Crafting is a nice extra if you want to play specifically with Iconic gear and raise it up to legendary with the best possible stats for that gear. That said, max leveled legendaries are totally overkill for almost all content. You might not be able to one-shot Adam Smasher, but having the best possible gear will make that fight a little bit too easy. For that reason, I think having only very basic crafting ability may make your game more challenging and enjoyable. If you're up for a challenge, that is.

At some point, you will find high level legendaries anyway, and it will turn out that they will far outperform most of the iconics you may find at their base Rare rarity. Upgraded and legendarized iconics are usually just a slight notch above that, so it won't hurt your performance that badly, even with all the crafting perks selected (since you'll probably get a ton of performance improving perks elsewhere if you don't grab crafting perks)

I love crafting for the way it is actually (inconsequential). Indeed It is not necessary as many people said here and I can confirm it as well as I finished my first playthrough without doing much crafting. In my second playthrough though I am levelling crafting just because I want to do it and not because the game requires it to. I think this is the way it should be in this sort of games. Normally I would sit in the other camp thinking that an rpg game should be super balanced where every skill and feat has to be necessary or feel important, but this time around strangely ain't. Feels good playing this way.

Pick up the legendary Overture and put a silencer on it. Spend skill points in Cool for stealth and resistances, and you can finish the game on very hard without crafting anything and wearing whatever you like.

[ EDIT ]
Also, one can invest one perk point in Crafting just to get the first level of blue. Then in early jobs, you get the Buzzsaw light machine gun with high fire rate and pierce through object. It works with no string attached to the Tech tree.
Also, also, get the ping from the roundabout store (it's a side job early on given by T-Bug after the recue mission), now you can ping enemies and kill them through walls just like Contagion use to do.
Put crit mods on your Brain slots and eye socket in the Cyberware section. They have minimum to no skill/level requirement.
You can upgrade the Buzzsaw as you go, material don't cost too much as you get good money from jobs, you can buy them if need be. You just don't get +3 mod slots for it but the damage is enough to kill everything.
Also, also, also, get the Satori Katana on the rooftop during The Heist. No need to invest any Blade related perks if you prefer to put them elsewhere, it has 500% crit damage, you can two-slice any enemies and mechs with it.

That's it, you can look snazzy and keep your money for the car of your dreams ruining the bad guys life in Very Hard mode.

Last edited:
I actually like to play around with the crafting of weapons and stuff, doing some upgrading or crafting weapons I like to use.
Plus, from patch 1.3 (I think), they changed for mods are crafted.
So now many mods come in specific tiers.
Note: I currently however only have the legendary version of all clothing mods though, which is a bit annoying because I dont have the edgerunner artisan perk yet.

What I feel is a bit underwhelming is the increased barter prices. I've spent 20 points in it but it feels a bit lacking.
Perhaps I should look into if it works properly.

I have had 18 Tech on all three of my builds and I think it is important, as you can upgrade Iconic gear to Legendary and have more mod slots, which will also make weapons more deadly and clothing have a higher armor count. I have yet to come across gear in its natural state that is better than what I upgraded my gear to.

i'm running now a playtrough on very hard , i go for Tech/craft build
and yes very usefull , Tech trees can let the player on other roots for mission . Playing with build Reflexes skill .
very agressive with gun , mooving fast , and launch grenade ^^

i've only atm 5 on Hack/inT tree xD
my corpo V isn't a netrunner

the only thing to be aware on very hard , V can't be an all rounder , player can make any build but some mecanic focus on high level one tree.
for example , on mission , some roots ( pathway ) can be unlock by high level of Tech , hight level of Body ..

I have yet to come across gear in its natural state that is better than what I upgraded my gear to.

you wont since every gear shares the same value on same lvl/rarity. crafted gear will always be better than findings or vendor stuff, if made with certain craft-tree perks invested. but still its not a must have to go allways with tech 18. - standard gear/weapons are more than enough at lvl 50 without a single point in tech at all... even on very "hard" - the only real benefit of the crafting tree is making money, without cheating. everything else is just qol but not needed in anyway.

Top Bottom