Very high temps when playing Cyberpunk

+
I'm having issues with my PC when playing Cyberpunk. I get very high CPU temps, 85-90C average with 94C peaks (even on menus). Usually I get 75-80C in other games.

Thought disabling RTX would help, it didn't. Then I lowered all the graphics settings to the minimum and the temps were the same as the ultra/psycho settings.

Ryzen 7 3800X (no OC) cooled with a MSI MAG Coreliquid 240R
16Gb RAM
RTX 2080 Super

Like i said in the other thread its a demanding game, im also seeing higher temps on cpu then i normaly get when gaming. If everything is clean and nothing else is wrong with airflow in the chassi theres just not much you can do. How old is the AIO? Have you tested reapplying thermalpaste? Hows the GPU temps?

Are temps normal when your not gaming? Its summer atm so it could affect temps some, tested another game and seen if theres higher temps there too?

I'm having issues with my PC when playing Cyberpunk. I get very high CPU temps, 85-90C average with 94C peaks (even on menus). Usually I get 75-80C in other games.

Thought disabling RTX would help, it didn't. Then I lowered all the graphics settings to the minimum and the temps were the same as the ultra/psycho settings.

Ryzen 7 3800X (no OC) cooled with a MSI MAG Coreliquid 240R
16Gb RAM
RTX 2080 Super
Have you checked the inside front panel of your computer? Chances are that it's completely blocked with dust, which in that case means to say, that your system isn't cooled at all.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the MSI MAG Coreliquid 240R is not exactly the best water cooler and has attracted attention from many users in the past due to declining performance and even failure. MSI writes about "few cases", but that seems to be more of a marketing statement.

A 3800X can be cooled well below 80 degrees for the same costs with a good air cooler (e.g. Noctua DH-15) in a suitable case.

So it is best to check whether the water cooling still works reasonably or slowly suffers from a decreasing performance.

Top Bottom