Very upsetting loot/combat bug

+
After a few minutes of gameplay, my loot notifcation & combat text disappears completely. That is, when I loot it won't show what I looted, and the combat log doesn't appear at all (e.g. Geralt takes 0 damage). The problem goes away after reloading any save, but the bug comes back after a few minutes.

This has happened on two separate PCs, one of them with freshly installed Witcher 3. Drivers are updated on both; I can't figure out what's the problem.
If anyone has a fix, I would very much appreciate it.

If you have any mods installed, remove them and see if that fixes the issue.

Other than that, what's your platform? GOG, Steam?
Try verify/repair, verifying integrity of game cache or other equivalent function.

No mods, it's a fresh copy.
Tried repair, it didn't do anything. Combat/Loot log still disappears completely after a few minutes into the game.
Post automatically merged:

The problem seems to especially happen after cutscenes.
Cutscene happens -> Combat/loot log disappears until the save is reloaded. Then the combat/loot log reappears until the next cutscene. Needless to say, super annoying. =(

Last edited:
No mods? Hm. Did you every use any in the past, even if they're uninstalled now?

Try the basics, first:

1.) Vsync on (FPS at 60 or less). Run in Fullscreen. Also, the game doesn't like Alt-Tabbing. If you task-switch away and return, all sorts of weirdness may follow.

2.) Ensure the game is not installed under Program Files or Program Files(x86). Put it on the root of your drive.

3.) Disable any overlay features through Galaxy / Steam / Origin.

4.) Try doing an install / repair of all Microsoft Redistributables:
DirectX 11 / 12
DirectX 9.0c
Visual Studio 2010 - present (x86 and x64 for each version)
Visual C++ 2010 - present (x86 and x64 for each version)
.NET Framework
XNA Framework

What resolution are you running in, and what is your monitor's native res? (Posting overall specs is always helpful.)

Do you have a single or multiple monitor setup?

What's your overall performance like? Notice any other bugs or glitches, specifically with HUD or inventory menus?

Top Bottom