Ves and Reasons of State

+
Ves and Reasons of State

Can the Reasons of State quest be initiated or complete if Ves dies near the hanged man's tree during the attack on the village?

Reason of State does work even if Ves dies, although if I recall correctly, the quest is somewhat buggy in that case, Ves still appears in some cutscenes despite being dead.

I do not have a video, but here is what happened for someone who tried it:
Lytha;n111163 said:
I was curious about this for a while, and searching for this question led me to no real answers. So, here it is, and my test results (which surprised me, to be honest):

What happens to the Radovid Murder Plot, if Ves died during Eye for an Eye?

I had suspected that this would lock a whole lot of things: Roche/Ves not going to Kaer Morhen was the obvious thing; but I also suspected that it might have an impact on A Deadly Plot (because Roche might be sulking) and on Reason of State - basically, dooming the entire north to the reign of the Mad King - millions of people suffer because one stupid girl did a suicide mission and wasn't rescued.

This hypothesis was, luckily, not correct.

Here are the longterm results of a dead Ves during Eye for an Eye:

- as expected, Roche will not go to Kaer Morhen.
- A Deadly Plot happened just like it always does, no sulking, no mention of my failure.
- Reason of State happened, but things were a bit awkward.

That is:
- in the first cutscene, Roche normally says "and Ves with a well-oiled crossbow". This was changed to "and someone with a well-oiled crossbow".
- once on the bridge to Temple Isle, I noticed a Ves NPC fighting with her sword, like she normally does.
- once in Madame Irina's place, Roche, Geralt - and Ves - approached the waiting Thaler.
- then they toasted "to Temeria": Thaler, Roche, Geralt... but not Ves. Ves was silent.
- Ves remained silent but present for the rest of the cutscenes and the fight.
- her biography entry in my log still says that Ves died during Eye for an Eye. So, I suppose, this wasn't Ves, but her twin sister, who also happens to be called Ves. Or maybe it was a doppler. ;)

(I went for "Nilfgard wins" because I normally always go for "Dijkstra wins", and I wanted some variety for this horrible vanilla state which I want to move into B&W so see Dandelion after a completed vanilla instead of in a pure B&W game.)
This was a couple months before patch support for the game ended, maybe it was fixed in the last patches, although I suspect it was not.

Top Bottom