Vess...yum

+
Vess...yum

I have to say that I was quite surprised (and pleased) with what followed after sparring with Vess. She's one of the more intriguing characters I've come across in quite some time. I wish the Witcher 2 featured more of her. She would be a bad-ass partner.

Aver

Forum veteran
Yeah, I would love to see her more too. I love tough female characters.

What I really liked was the depth of character you got while talking to her in Flotsam. She's very intriguing. They did a terrific job with her, other than her involvement is much too short.

CD Projekt needs to look at implementing party-based campaigns for Geralt. That would be awesome, especially where relationships played a wee bit more role in the role-playing end of things.

Yes, Ves is fine, and Roche knows it, too; watch his eyes in the Prologue. You also get the feeling there's a lot more to her character and to her involvement in the action than the game lets on. She almost makes me want to forgive the developers for leaving Shani out in the cold.

At first, I disliked Shani not being involved with TW 2 since she was the romance I chose in my first play through of TW 1. Then I thought, really, what role could she have played that would add anything to the story of TW 2? I could not really come up with something satisfactory. It helped that Triss in TW 2 is more likable, IMO. Triss in TW 2 is pretty spectacular.

I find Triss in W2 less appealing an pretty dull if compared with the other women. Especially Ves.
I don't like much that they treat her like a "woman in distress". Triss in W1 was better, imho, and more similar to Yen. Sheala and Philippa and definitely much more interesting characters.

Ves is also my fave, I agree with Guy N'wah in this. I think that they pictured her brilliantly in "Deth to the traitor!"

goopit

Forum veteran
Didn't Geralt say that Ves betrayed you and Roche? He found it odd that Dethmold spared her.

Triss was more like a young sorceress in TW2 which is rather odd since as far as I know she's been through a lot of shit.

Calasade said:
At first, I disliked Shani not being involved with TW 2 since she was the romance I chose in my first play through of TW 1. Then I thought, really, what role could she have played that would add anything to the story of TW 2? I could not really come up with something satisfactory. It helped that Triss in TW 2 is more likable, IMO. Triss in TW 2 is pretty spectacular.

I think it was a good decision to keep Shani out of TW2.Choices are rewarded in unexpected times,having every decision rewarded in the sequel[and every character returning for that matter] just reminds me it's a video game which breaks immersion.

secondchildren said:
I find Triss in W2 less appealing an pretty dull if compared with the other women. Especially Ves.
I don't like much that they treat her like a "woman in distress". Triss in W1 was better, imho, and more similar to Yen. Sheala and Philippa and definitely much more interesting characters.

Ves is also my fave, I agree with Guy N'wah in this. I think that they pictured her brilliantly in "Deth to the traitor!"

You bring up some good points with the woman in distress thing and the comparison to Ves. That was a negative, something I had not really considered. What I should have said is she has more humor in TW 2, for instance with the tattoo conversation and talking about living with Roche's men.

Triss is still my fave because of all the sorceresses she's the most down to earth. It's in the way she acts and dresses. I like that she's one of the few people devoted to Geralt. She kicks some ass in both games actually, but doesn't fare as well in TW2. Vess is cool too, I really like her.

guipit said:
I think it was a good decision to keep Shani out of TW2.Choices are rewarded in unexpected times,having every decision rewarded in the sequel[and every character returning for that matter] just reminds me it's a video game which breaks immersion.

I agree. Not every choice has to be rewarded in the sequel. In hindsight, when looking at the relationship between Geralt and Shani, I see no sustainability whereas with Triss and her being a sorceress, there's a natural tie-in to her being a part of Geralt's adventures. Having Shani follow to attend to the injured would provide for little towards the game play.

Though I know Geralt is typically a loner, I hope in future Witcher installments there is at least some opportunity for party or partner based adventures, though I'm unsure how that could be partially implemented. Seems like an either or thing, but I could be wrong.

The Witcher 3 needs Yen :D

Also not having Shani around was a great choice, while Geralt was summoned to be Foltests bodyguard and Triss was his advisor...what could she be doing there ? Healing the battlewounded ? I think the king has his own medics, besides Geralt is a fugitive in this game and has to travel a lot...she would not be allowed to travel with him, it was too dangerous. However...they could at least mention what became of her xD.

Strange, She is called VESS in English version. In Russian and ,as I suppose, in Polish versions her name is Bianca (It is a Polish name). She is much more interesting protagonist than Triss who reminds me speaking pin-up girl. Unfortunately Vess,s plot line seems to have been incomplete and shorted possibly due to pre-release hustle. I wouldn't be surprised if in initial script it was she who betrayed Roche and became a Henselt spy.

konros said:
Strange, She is called VESS in English version. In Russian and ,as I suppose, in Polish versions her name is Bianca (It is a Polish name). She is much more interesting protagonist than Triss who reminds me speaking pin-up girl. Unfortunately Vess,s plot line seems to have been incomplete and shorted possibly due to pre-release hustle. I wouldn't be surprised if in initial script it was she who betrayed Roche and became a Henselt spy.

Vess or Bianca, it does not matter. The woman is enticingly hot. Well done, CDPR, well done. :)

Though your mention of her plot line getting cut short has me intrigued. That would have been a rather cool twist.

konros said:
Afaik, it's Ves in the english version http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Ves
And in polish is as well http://wiedzmin.wikia.com/wiki/Ves

I wanted to like Ves but she could have benefited from more screen time to flesh her out and her role in story kinda...sucked.

konros said:
Strange, She is called VESS in English version. In Russian and ,as I suppose, in Polish versions her name is Bianca (It is a Polish name).

Definitely "Ves" in English and Polish. The Russian version is a third-party localization; I don't know why whoever did the localization would change it.

"Ves" is short for "Vesna", which is a common name in South Slavic languages (literally "Spring", or a spirit or goddess of Spring; if I wanted to translate it into English, I'd use "April").

Really? Well sounds perfect for her character: a strong woman, with a spirit as gentle and fragile as a spring rosebud. Me like it

She certainly is very cool and beautiful.

But the part where Geralt says that Ves was lying about the events in the Kaedweni camp was never very clear to me. Perhaps because there wasn't any focus on this afterward. Did Geralt mean that he didn't believe the story Ves told them about her and Henselt?

Ves was interesting, though at least at first I thought she was just a copy / past of White Rayla. But it turns out she was interesting.

Still prefer Philippa Eilhart by far though. And Sile.

No one is like White Rayla. Damn, why did she have to die. She was awesome.

Vess is much less ruthless than Rayla. Sile, we never got to know her good enough. There should have been much more dialog with her. CDPR has a bad habit of killing off great characters before we get to know them.

Top Bottom