VG247 Art. on Women in CP2077

+
The only thing that could have saved evenly is deleting the sections of the memory.

And by deleting, I mean laser deletion.
Could the guy in the bathtub could have been naked? Yes he could have but censors especially in the USA would have gone mad.

There is still a huge difference between showing primary and secondary sexul characteristics. While we see Sandra Dorsett breasts, we dont see her "dignity" exposed.
She is lying in a bathtub full of ice. It's clear her body reacts tho that.

I think it's safe to say that a victim of the scavengers does not have a bra on when they do what they do.

This article is blown out of proportion. Could cdpr have done some things in a better way? Sure. There is always room for improvement but IMHO, they already did pretty well.

And its not like male characters were spared. Takemjra accidently sending selfies and spamming text massages was not really a nice portrail as well. Especially in this world, where text massages and the use of technology is normal and essential.

We have several weak male characters in this game and some of them fit mean cliches as well.

While we see Sandra Dorsett breasts, we dont see her "dignity" exposed.
She is lying in a bathtub full of ice. It's clear her body reacts tho that.

I think it's safe to say that a victim of the scavengers does not have a bra on when they do what they do.
Don't we still end up seeing her, in all her feminine glory, when one puts her down on the Trauma Team stretcher?

Don't we still end up seeing her, in all her feminine glory, when one puts her down on the Trauma Team stretcher?
Really? I did not take a look and the trauma team guard pushed me away the moment onlayed her down.

We always have the option to not take a look.

And to be fair, "I" was at work there. I had a female coworker who once showered herself in a toxic liquid. She hat to undress as fast as possible and to take a shower. In such moments, you have other things to do than to look.

Omg, this again. People saying/writing this stuff are missing the point entirelly. Or maybe just refuse to see it. To show the future that went wrong in many ways is the whole point of this genre. Its not supposed to be perceived as an inspiration.

Omg, this again. People saying/writing this stuff are missing the point entirelly. Or maybe just refuse to see it. To show the future that went wrong in many ways is the whole point of this genre. Its not supposed to be perceived as an inspiration.
It's not an inspiration, it's a warning.

Which is how?

Evelyn was an idiot who tried to rob the biggest corporation in the world and got the ending that she deserved, consistent with the Cyberpunk universe created by Pondsmith

I wouldnt say idiot :D but yeah. she was desperate, sick of her life, so she came up with an idea, that was way above her league. I really like the contrast between how confident she appeared in the beginning, and her panicking and making mistake after mistake when shit went haywire.

I would prefer anxiety over those memories. Sadly, trauma team is so expensive, she cant effort it.
A hidden or optional approach to pay for a subscription for her would of been nice, I honestly thought that was where the game was taking it after Sandra in the tutorial, a larger way to introduce Trauma Team into the game. When Evelyn committed suicide I thought I'd missed something lol.

Which is how?

Evelyn was an idiot who tried to rob the biggest corporation in the world and got the ending that she deserved, consistent with the Cyberpunk universe created by Pondsmith

How was she an idiot, though? The heist was flawless, perfectly planned and executed. Arasaka also had nothing to do with what happened to Evelyn, it was the Voodoo Boys.

A hidden or optional approach to pay for a subscription for her would of been nice, I honestly thought that was where the game was taking it after Sandra in the tutorial, a larger way to introduce Trauma Team into the game. When Evelyn committed suicide I thought I'd missed something lol.
Remember. Even when you are on platinum, you still have to pay 10% of the bill and platinum is the highest end.

Even Kang Tao is not offering platinum to its employees maybe except the top managers.

This article is one that is SO CLOSE to the point, but still misses it.

My issue with the game ads and the Sandra Dorsett example? Unlike the article's writer who thinks it's too much and they don't treat Sandra Dorsett with the same dignity as they do with the male in the tub, I think it's simply too little when it comes to men. The other guy in the tub should have been naked. There should be more sexualized and exploitative ads featuring men. Not less for women or less for both.

This world is filled with people and corporations who do not treat peoples' bodies with dignity or respect. They don't care, as long as they can make money off of you.

This article is one that is SO CLOSE to the point, but still misses it.

My issue with the game ads and the Sandra Dorsett example? Unlike the article's writer who thinks it's too much and they don't treat Sandra Dorsett with the same dignity as they do with the male in the tub, I think it's simply too little when it comes to men. The other guy in the tub should have been naked. There should be more sexualized and exploitative ads featuring men. Not less for women or less for both.

This world is filled with people and corporations who do not treat peoples' bodies with dignity or respect. They don't care, as long as they can make money off of you.
Maybe the nudtiy switch is bugged as well?

I wouldnt say idiot :D but yeah. she was desperate, sick of her life, so she came up with an idea, that was way above her league. I really like the contrast between how confident she appeared in the beginning, and her panicking and making mistake after mistake when shit went haywire.

Which is how?

Let me explain exactly how wrong you are. Evelyn had a thoroughly solid plan and it would have absolutely worked out if not for the completely unexpected return of a major figure. Her biggest issue was not the Heist but that she was fucking over the Voodoo Boys. And in regards "the ending she deserved," I can only attempt to say how disgusting that is. She "deserved" to be raped, tortured, and subjected to multiple virtual snuff experiences? Where did you lose your humanity??

Remember. Even when you are on platinum, you still have to pay 10% of the bill and platinum is the highest end.

Even Kang Tao is not offering platinum to its employees maybe except the top managers.

True, but if we are already paying for the sub I'm guessing that 10% would of been in there too.

Hard to really say what is and what isn't a lot of money, an Aerondight is 220k, in the Corpo lifepath, you start with 100k and you're the right hand man of one of Arasaka's top brass etc.

I think a one time platinum sub and 10% fee would of been quite affordable in game for us, especially as an optional objective that is not required.

I think the ingame representation was fine, the unbalance in sexualization was likely caused by how weird censorship is about male nudity in general. Content unbalance, on the other hand.. the romances are catered towards straight dudes and it shows. Panam and Judy get a shit ton of content compared to Kerry and River, and I doubt anyone was thinking about gay women with Judy.

Correct me if i am wrong, there are two prostitute males in this game, right? The one you can select as your playtoy in the clouds, and the one you can talk to after you left your playtoy. So two males versus.. a whole city of female prostitures. There is truth in the article.

The picture of city is very sure created by the corporations so either they are primarily dominated by males and they follow the sex sales and pick the opposite gender in general for their commercials because it suites them most or the corporartion is leaded equally by men and women and its simply what really sales best in the city.. and profit is power.. so.. the paying citizen did choose.

*shrugs*
Full city? The prostitute's in the windows are not just women. There's also a gay bar. Second, show me an example of them showing a exposed Vagina in the game. That's not during V sex scenes. Even the sex scenes with River. You can't even make anything out. Breasts are the extent.

Top Bottom