VIDEO: Gameplay Trailer: Prison Break

+
Great trailer! Nice concept with Triss and Zoltan presenting the story!Also, very nice new animations at the start and at the end. As I understand they were inspired by the Witcher's mutations. I think those colors gold / dark brown / red would be great for the W2 box.

Slipshuggah said:
I'm a little bit worried about.... Geralt's hair=)) Will it be static in the final version of the game?
Of course not :p
Slipshuggah said:
And one more question. Who's the composer? Is it still Adam Skorupa?
Well, there will be Adam's music in TW2, but can't say whether it's his music in the video.Also, there will be others' composers' music in TW2, but we don't know more, yet.

I just watch the video on youtube and well is kinda the same has the video form gamescom but I love that Zoltan and Triss appeared at this and the end with the guard has kinda nice thought, by the way I am really liking Triss this time around good job devs.I found it funny too that the way they told the story was the same as Dragon Age 2 for a moment there I thought CD Projekt was joking about Bioware game :p and by the way since I watch it on youtube guess what? the most repeating comment that has more thumbs up is "BOOBS" even if some do not like to admit, that scene to some people is view as fanservice. When I watch that I though Geralt was kinda of a gentleman when the lady cover up and he turn way but there are even some comments against that and asking why did he turn is back and this is why I understand why the devs are changing that scene.

To those that are setting on the fence about the Witcher 1. Buy IT! Might sound like a fan boy but we are in the witcher forum so what do you expect :) Like it has been said before, it's a long, very enjoyable RPG with a great story that plays like an excellent novel. You won't be disappointed if you like action or story driven games. And for 20 bucks the enhanced version is an absolute steal.On the trailer,I loved the way they showcased it in a story telling format. They included the non-linearity, humor, and more game play footage that I have been waiting for. Very excited for release!

Mihura said:
but there are even some comments against that and asking why did he turn is back and this is why I understand why the devs are changing that scene.
Because that's what we Poles are thought to do :)

Thanks for all your comments. Just in case you wondered who are the artists standing behind the Prison Break creation: it's the Warsaw based Bitter Lix studio. Kudos to you, guys!

just back from the unlimited loop story of whos FxxxING rising & whos FxxxING falling... and unlimited equipment FxxxING changing~(thats really enough!!)was wondering to build a monster PC for witcher 2 ;)really got fun from witcher~

Alek said:
Thanks for all your comments. Just in case you wondered who are the artists standing behind the Prison Break creation: it's the Warsaw based Bitter Lix studio. Kudos to you, guys!
Great work Bitter Lix!If you read the description of the trailer on their site you will also find out it was their idea to employ game characters"Our goal was to show these gameplay mechanics without a dull voiceover. We hired the characters from the game - Triss and Zoltan sitting at the inn. They are arguing over what has actually happened to Geralt, thus showing exactly how player can play the game differently each time."Personally I like very much how CD Projekt use fresh ideas not shying from bold moves like GOG PR stunt or possible connections to DAO in this trailer. In case of many other studios their success paralyzes their creativity making them do only boring things that they are sure the "general public" will like. As gamers we have our tastes but I think in longer run we prefer devs that have guts to surprise us and lead us to new places.

In a way this was more inserting and entertaining than whatever theres on TV right now. I mean the idea of two characters telling the same story in their own way is something you see in TV every now and then but I thought tis really well done here, was pretty entertaining.

The trailer looks amazing. The design for Geralt is brilliant here if you ask me. And I think Triss looks cute.

Anwell said:
The trailer looks amazing. The design for Geralt is brilliant here if you ask me. And I think Triss looks cute.
The problem is that Triss is not supposed to look cute if you take her personality from TW1.

The problem is that Triss is not supposed to look cute if you take her personality from TW1
I was never fond of her looks in TW1 anyway so I dont mind. Even if she looks cute I am sure she will still have her personality..

fchopin said:
The problem is that Triss is not supposed to look cute if you take her personality from TW1.
Cute, no. Not it the sense of something that is pretty but harmless. You're right.Triss, however, being anything but harmless, is still allowed to be beautiful--she's a sorceress, and they consider beauty to be a matter of professional obligation. I think the new model is a good upgrade from TW1, though I liked the original well enough. I know the character needs to be mature (and also rather damaged emotionally), but she is also described in the books as particularly young-looking, so the upgrade maintains continuity with that. Much of her personality will come down to the writing and the voice actresses for the various languages.

I watched it now. Glad to have those wolf eyes back for Geralt and his skin looked paler to me. I don't know if it's just me but I think his paleness seemed to be back. Triss has lost her porcelain doll make-up which can be seen in previous screenies or videos. I think it's good it looked like a like a doll not human. She has her freckles (or pimples whatev) back again. Combat looks dandy and the guard trying to Aard the torch at the end is funny :D One more thing I think Geralt turning his back at that scene was just appropriate. I don't know why people wants to see him jump over everything in sight.

Top Bottom