[Video] Male romance with Judy & River was cut out of the game.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
That there is no voice work for Carol to refer to Judy & V as anything other than "you girls" is a fairly solid indication that Judy was originally planned to be lesbian, just as in the product that shipped.

I don't know who Carol or 'you girls' is referring to. CD said I could do what I want. I can't do Judy. Promises were broken.

My guess is that the characters were nailed down as straight or gay in early in development, but since game development is iterative including at times story elements, they probably recorded some voice work for male V just in case. Probably there was some debate about whether or not LIs would be "playersexual" at launch but the indications are there that Judy was originally envisioned by the writers as lesbian.

Moderator: It sometimes feels as though we're going around in circles. . . . So, before this particular loop goes any further, a reminder: Keep the discussion respectful, please.

And I can shoot lasers outta my V butt... so... yeah.

See that's how I feel. So let down. :(

You can do Judy! Just play as female V, it's pretty simple.

Ok, on a real note. The game hardly has any romance options regardless of who you play. It doesn't make sense they then gated those few options behind gender locks requiring multiple playthroughs just to see all the sex scenes. The lore excuse is lazy to me, since your impression of Judy and mine are different since she's just a fictional character anyways who's purpose is to exist for the player. Mass Effect sort of did that, but on the other hand they had many romance options and overlap for ones most would find popular(like Liara).

It makes no sense to tease her constantly in the promo's as they did, then come up with an arbitrary gate that the player isn't going to know about until they are well into their playthrough.

Ashii

Forum veteran
See that's how I feel. So let down. :(

Ok, on a real note. The game hardly has any romance options regardless of who you play. It doesn't make sense they then gated those few options behind gender locks requiring multiple playthroughs just to see all the sex scenes. The lore excuse is lazy to me, since your impression of Judy and mine are different since she's just a fictional character anyways who's purpose is to exist for the player. Mass Effect sort of did that, but on the other hand they had many romance options and overlap for ones most would find popular(like Liara).

It makes no sense to tease her constantly in the promo's as they did, then come up with an arbitrary gate that the player isn't going to know about until they are well into their playthrough.

BioWare was always teasing with romance options in their games regardless of their sexualities, it's nothing new. And while Mass Effect games had more LIs, in each new game they were just forgotten and had one, two scenes at best 30 seconds short.

Judy is very clearly stated to be lesbian, of ofcourse it is possible that before she was to be romanced by both but as of know it would require to rewrite whole character for male V to work

BioWare was always teasing with romance options in their games regardless of their sexualities, it's nothing new. And while Mass Effect games had more LIs, in each new game they were just forgotten and had one, two scenes at best 30 seconds short.

So maybe games should just open it up across the board and everyone wins.

Judy is very clearly stated to be lesbian, of ofcourse it is possible that before she was to romanced by both but as of know it would require to rewrite whole character for male V to work

It wouldn't, it's clear they cut the scene in Judy's farewell mission before you get her apartment. You get the options to comment on her in the swim suit. She rebuff's male V. You do the dive, enter her cottage. She makes coffee, then offers you the bed, while she takes the couch. I'm pretty sure fem V's scene is around here somewhere.

All she had to do was give a line ackwnolegding flattery and the scene starting up after entering her cottage.

There's a clear path for a romance option that was never implemented because when you decide to go to bed, you wake up with no pants on and have to dress.

So, do some of you read a book, get all pissy that the main character, male, gets turned down by the lesbian and tell the author to rewrite the book for you? This thread is disturbingly confusing

I think the issue with games is that some players see the player character as themselves in the game world. Just as some people don't handle real rejection well, some don't want their avatar gets friendzoned as well.

This stuff plays out with every RPG where the LIs have preferences.

I'm not quite sure why some get so bent over it though, even if they go the self projection RP route. If it is that important to you that all LIs most be available to your character regardless of your character creation choices, play on PC. That stuff always gets modded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom