Vilgefortz reference in Hearts of Stone?

+
Vilgefortz reference in Hearts of Stone?

Apparently there is a reference to Vilgefortz in HoS. I must have missed it and going through cutscenes on youtube does not help either. Can somebody please point me to it? Cheers guys!

Guest 3847602

Apparently there is a reference to Vilgefortz in HoS. I must have missed it and going through cutscenes on youtube does not help either. Can somebody please point me to it? Cheers guys!

Gaunter O'Dimm mentioned that he once helped a man whose description matches Vilgefortz's (tall, handsome, nice voice, gave him the power of magic). Also, that blind professor in Oxenfurt talked about a man who beat Gaunter in his own game, another possible reference to Vilgefortz.

Gaunter O'Dimm mentioned that he once helped a man whose description matches Vilgefortz's (tall, handsome, nice voice, gave him the power of magic). Also, that blind professor in Oxenfurt talked about a man who beat Gaunter in his own game, another possible reference to Vilgefortz.

Thanks ooodrin, but do you know when he actually says that? Went through all encounters with him and I cannot find that - does it depend on dialogue choices?

Guest 3847602

Thanks ooodrin, but do you know when he actually says that? Went through all encounters with him and I cannot find that - does it depend on dialogue choices?

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer - I've only read on the forum about that first reference, didn't bother to check it out for myself. IIRC the poster who wrote about it said he/she heard it somewhere inside the Gaunter's riddle.

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer - I've only read on the forum about that first reference, didn't bother to check it out for myself. IIRC the poster who wrote about it said he/she heard it somewhere inside the Gaunter's riddle.

Cheers mate, but I cannot find it anywhere in the riddle... Is that perhaps a fake? :(

Guest 3847602

Cheers mate, but I cannot find it anywhere in the riddle... Is that perhaps a fake? :(

It could be, but that's all I know about Vilgefortz references in HoS, sadly. Sorry if I've made you run around that riddle level for a long time :)

Vilgefortz has been mentioned multiple times during the main game. In flashbacks Philippa and a mysterious sorceress when exploring Philippa's crystal. During the Sunstone quest when Geralt and Philippa having a little chatter. Who knows but I sense something big cooking! I'd love him as the primary antagonist of BaW.

it makes sense them discussing Vilgeforz.. he was one of the Conclave leaders, one of the most powerful mages and he was solely responsible for what happened at Thanned (even though everybody had own agenda at that time..)

Top Bottom