Vimme Vivaldi's New Appearance (Patch 1.30)

+
To me, his old appearance perfectly suits his personality. Now he looks like some sort of dwarf mage banker. I think I'm going to revert to 1.24. This patch has been good for nothing so far. GOTY patch... meh.

...why?!...out of all the characters in this game why Vivaldi?

And yes, it's hard to understand why they changed especially the look of Vivaldi. I mean, everywhere is written that CDPR only works on fixing bugs now and there wouldn't be any more new content. So it's absolutely senseless in my opinion to change the look of one more or less unimportant NPC (and the credit-option for 100 (!!!) orens is still senseless now) ?! ??? Sometimes I can't understand the decisions of a lot of companies... and to be honest I don't want too! ;)

@Troldierman In this point I have bad luck. On PS4 I can't do that so easily... :(

To me, his old appearance perfectly suits his personality. Now he looks like some sort of dwarf mage banker. I think I'm going to revert to 1.24. This patch has been good for nothing so far. GOTY patch... meh.

Easy there! I personally think the new appearance is a tiny bit over the top, Vivaldi does stand out from all the characters now, not just dwarfs after all. But to roll back beacause of that. Really? Also, it'll be nice to hear about Vim Vivaldi's personality, coz you know he gets to say a few lines...

And yes, it's hard to understand why they changed especially the look of Vivaldi.
I do not know the interna of CDPR, but I can easily offer you a hypothetical, though IMHO likely explanation for this.

1.) early on, some years ago during development of TW3, a graphical artist made up a model of Vivaldi, similar to the one we got now.
2.) this model or texture had some flaws or simply was forgotten among the thousands of files and items on the ToDo-lists.
3.) while preparing for GotY, they rediscovered that old model and thought "why not", polished it up or removed whatever issue there was, and put it in.

Or maybe they had one of the guys they hired recently do it to show off his skills.

I do not think that they "wasted valuable developer time" with this. They had it, found it, put it in. That's it.

(Pink little Santa was cute though!) ;)

Last edited:
I do not think that they "wasted valuable developer time" with this. They had it, found it, put it in. That's it.

Well, you could be right. But then I don't understand why they don't put other things they seem to have in the game now too?!

Also, it'll be nice to hear about Vim Vivaldi's personality, coz you know he gets to say a few lines...
That's a very good point in my opinion! And it would make much more sense!!!

Last edited:
Because these things would require significant developer time, while a copy-paste of a re-discovered existing texture/model required next to none? ;)

What things are we talking about? :)

Only the most important example in my opinion, because I would start to be off-topic if I would tell all the points I mean
Open the Devil's pit cave, put some bandits and a journal in it... A good job for a trainee too I guess... And voila it would be much more senseful and satisfying for me ;) And the cave itself is completely designed and finished.

What a bunch of babies

What a useless comment...

Using the implementation of a nice new model to complain about all the things you think TW3 lacks.
Because other points would have need the attention from the devs much more... Dont understand why they do stuff like this, and ignore everything else....
No one here or elsewhere ever asked for a new vivaldi outfit...i mean, vivaldi ? Such a minor npc ?
Even rework of the trophies would have been better instead of this....

Btw, i dont like the new model too...
I have to agree with the others, for me it's a pointless and unnecessary change.

Btw, i'm not angry or mad, i'm just disappointed over the goty patch in general.
(but very thankful for the soundtrack :yes )

If any face have to change first must be this guy, such an immersion breaker ass shows up almost every corner of the game( and tons variations with beard or googles) not Vimme.

Because other points would have need the attention from the devs much more... Dont understand why they do stuff like this, and ignore everything else....
No one here or elsewhere ever asked for a new vivaldi outfit...i mean, vivaldi ? Such a minor npc ?

Well said, thank you very much!!! :thumbsup:

---------- Updated at 02:45 PM ----------

If any face have to change first must be this guy, such an immersion breaker ass shows up almost every corner of the game( and tons variations with beard or googles) not Vimme.
A very good example!!! Thanks a lot too!!! :thumbsup:

:hmm:

I like his new look, but it's going to take some getting used to.
Especially since I only ever really see him to play Gwent and
during HoS.

Moderator's reminder: Please, keep this discussion respectful, and make an effort to not belittle the opinions and preferences of others, even if you don't agree with them. Also, please, keep on topic.

Thanks. Carry on.

Look great!

Please update Ida Emean's look to make her more unique. Her Gwent card artwork looks pretty original whereas her in-game model sporting the not so unique hairstyle and an overused outfit makes her look like every other elf out there.

I know we only see her for like 2 minutes via a megascope but, she still is an important figure in the witcher world and she didn't even get a journal entry : (

Top Bottom