Vincent Van Moorlehem vs Veil

+
This interaction just feels awful to play against. Here I'm using Shaping Nature to veil, which is supposed to be a counter to poison and I get punished for it. You have important cards like Fallen Knight getting one shot just for existing. How is this fair at all?
The more statuses you introduce the stronger this card gets and it's already plenty strong. It's one of those cards that makes me wonder what is even the point of this, I can counter and outplay all I want it doesn't even matter.

Last edited:
If your opponent uses an 11 provision gold card to counter your 6 provision copper, you should feel good about the exchange, not complain about it!

Vincent Van Moorlehem is very powerful in certain situations; it’s user pays for that potential.

Gyg

Forum regular
If your opponent uses an 11 provision gold card to counter your 6 provision copper, you should feel good about the exchange, not complain about it!
This is misleading. It is not an exchange as Vincent stays with its 5 power. Vincent almost always provide 11+ points swing, being a control card! He also negates shield, defender and veil which are designed to counter control decks.

Thank god someone said it! I was on the verge of making this exact same post. This card completely circumvents the entire point of veil. The fact that he can just kill any veil unit at any time with zero set up is ridiculous and I feel like something that was overlooked when they introduced the new cards.

This interaction just feels awful to play against. Here I'm using Shaping Nature to veil, which is supposed to be a counter to poison and I get punished for it. You have important cards like Fallen Knight getting one shot just for existing. How is this fair at all?
The more statuses you introduce the stronger this card gets and it's already plenty strong. It's one of those cards that makes me wonder what is even the point of this, I can counter and outplay all I want it doesn't even matter.
Because Nilfgaard.
most likely will not be nerfed or anything, I just Alt-f4ed after my 4th game Vs NG in a row in Pro rank, SK Nerf was overreacting, not like it changed that much, but it's not OP, as usual, NG can crush anyone with ease, it's basically Board Wipe everygame, and most opponents I face are simply NG, like, in all my games at Pro rank, which are more than 100 by now, I only faced SK 3-4 times, and won, so, yeah.

Vincent was broken even before veil, it's a badly designed card as the whole of "status" package where it felt like the devs completely gave up on an archetype.

Because Nilfgaard.
most likely will not be nerfed or anything, I just Alt-f4ed after my 4th game Vs NG in a row in Pro rank, SK Nerf was overreacting, not like it changed that much, but it's not OP, as usual, NG can crush anyone with ease, it's basically Board Wipe everygame, and most opponents I face are simply NG, like, in all my games at Pro rank, which are more than 100 by now, I only faced SK 3-4 times, and won, so, yeah.
Yes, and because it's so overpowered all the time it regularly achieves a whopping 50-52% winrate which is obviously eye-wateringly great....give me a break.

Last edited:

Qzman

Forum regular
I've taken a break from the forum for about a month but I see that the same old Nilfgaard themed salt mines are still active lmao, even with Skellige completely dominating the meta.

Yeah Vincent can be strong. Yeah he's expensive. The problem is Scoia'tael and Syndicate are too weak with too few engines, not that Vincent who sometimes has to target your own 4 power spy is unbalanced.

I've taken a break from the forum for about a month but I see that the same old Nilfgaard themed salt mines are still active lmao, even with Skellige completely dominating the meta.

Yeah Vincent can be strong. Yeah he's expensive. The problem is Scoia'tael and Syndicate are too weak with too few engines, not that Vincent who sometimes has to target your own 4 power spy is unbalanced.
People seem to mistake annoying to play against for broken in terms of strength on a regular basis.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
When all the cards were being announced i constantly asked if Vincent VM, a staple of NG poison decks would be able to target them... i didnt get my answer, only when the update launched and i found out he could indeed target veiled units...

He's so good now you dont even need to include poison or other status on your deck, the opponent will give you free targets for him.
But i think what really feels terrible is that Vincent VM is not the only powerful faction-specific tall/engine removal that NG has, they also have Yen's Invocation.

Im not saying either of them is OP, but its unbalanced when ST has not a single option - they had poison, but with the harmony nerf, ST also shied away from the poison dryads - NR has Bloody Baron, SK has Morkvarg HoT these reset but dont remove; SY has Moreelse but requires a lot of coins for tribute, sometimes not worth it; MO only has Imleriths Wrath, which only works as guaranteed removal if you have Imlerith on board...
Meanwhile NG has these 2 amazing options (Yens Invo and Vincent VM) :shrug:

(EDIT) ok, so SK also has Vabjorn, but on a boost heavy meta he can brick; has Champion's Charge but requires bloodthirst 3 to be guaranteed removal; has Tyrgvi but his effect isnt instant, can be purified/shielded

When all the cards were being announced i constantly asked if Vincent VM, a staple of NG poison decks would be able to target them... i didnt get my answer, only when the update launched and i found out he could indeed target veiled units...

He's so good now you dont even need to include poison or other status on your deck, the opponent will give you free targets for him.
But i think what really feels terrible is that Vincent VM is not the only powerful faction-specific tall/engine removal that NG has, they also have Yen's Invocation.

Im not saying either of them is OP, but its unbalanced when ST has not a single option - they had poison, but with the harmony nerf, ST also shied away from the poison dryads - NR has Bloody Baron, SK has Morkvarg HoT these reset but dont remove; SY has Moreelse but requires a lot of coins for tribute, sometimes not worth it; MO only has Imleriths Wrath, which only works as guaranteed removal if you have Imlerith on board...
Meanwhile NG has these 2 amazing options (Yens Invo and Vincent VM) :shrug:

(EDIT) ok, so SK also has Vabjorn, but on a boost heavy meta he can brick; has Champion's Charge but requires bloodthirst 3 to be guaranteed removal; has Tyrgvi but his effect isnt instant, can be purified/shielded
This may all be true as the point of Nilfgaard is removal and disruption above all else. However, in return it lacks other card types, for example point-slam and proactive plays where all the other factions are better at. It balances out.

This card should follow Tyrgvy's nerf.

4 for 11, and cannot destroy veiled units. THAT would be fair. No more no less.

rrc

Forum veteran
If Vincent kills my Dunca, I will be happy since Dunca got a honorable death. But when she gets killed by a 4P Stunning blow, that is when I am sad. Most of the Veil units are 4 or 5P bronzes (or the Evolving card) and using Viincent on them is kind of fine IMHO. But nonetheless if he woks only on negative statuses like (lock, bleeding, poison, doomed) it would be fair, but being unfair is NG's identity so.. :shrug:

If Vincent kills my Dunca, I will be happy since Dunca got a honorable death. But when she gets killed by a 4P Stunning blow, that is when I am sad. Most of the Veil units are 4 or 5P bronzes (or the Evolving card) and using Viincent on them is kind of fine IMHO. But nonetheless if he woks only on negative statuses like (lock, bleeding, poison, doomed) it would be fair, but being unfair is NG's identity so.. :shrug:
Then stunning blow and Veterans are Sk identity. :shrug:

Vincent's power and versatility is a good compensation for NG's shortcomings if you look at its other cards. If any faction needs a substantial nerf at the moment that's without a doubt Skellige and maybe to some extent NR and NG.

rrc

Forum veteran
Vincent's power and versatility is a good compensation for NG's shortcomings if you look at its other cards. If any faction needs a substantial nerf at the moment that's without a doubt Skellige and maybe to some extent NR and NG.
What are the shortcomings of NG Philido? I am sincerely asking. As far as I can think of, there are not much shortcomings to NG.

Top Bottom