Viper School Gear level requirement too high!

+
Viper School Gear level requirement too high!

Spent what felt like forever in attaining this epic set only to realize that when I was finally able to wear it I was out of the level range of most quests in this game! This was a big let down as I was looking forward to questing a lot with this gear on. Honestly, I would gladly accept a nerf to this set in order to have the level requirement lowered to something like level 25-30!

You mean the new one?
Yeah, I acquired the set and then I finished every quest/task/?/whatever I could find. After that I was still level 38 1/2...and that set requires you to be level 39...

Yeah the new one. We've been asking for an upgrade to the Kaer Morhen armor set for ages, now we finally get it and it sort of feels like the devs are trolling us a bit, haha!

Go to the west of Velen to a place with high respawn of drowners (in my opinion the sea area near the Widows' Grotto and kill them under water with your crossbow. It sucks but after an hour you reached your level 39... (1 xp per person). It's the only way I know if you play on PS4 or Xbox.

You should use a double experience points mod + no loose of XP when doing grey quests + no experience loss for weak monsters (otherwise you will get 1 XP point per monster and 1 point for older quests.............).
These mods might bring you to level 45 when making a playthrough, all the armors and the spells can be used some hours earlier instead of waiting forever, more spells and abilitys are possible for a more interesting Geralt, and everything is more and better balanced.

You should use a double experience points mod + no loose of XP when doing grey quests + no experience loss for weak monsters (otherwise you will get 1 XP point per monster and 1 point for older quests.............).
These mods might bring you to level 45 when making a playthrough, all the armors and the spells can be used some hours earlier instead of waiting forever, more spells and abilitys are possible for a more interesting Geralt, and everything is more and better balanced.

Nice cat avatar!!! It's new or not?! ;)

Guys, the issue isn't reaching the level requirement. It's that in getting there, almost every other quest in the game will be greyed out because your level is too high, thereby making them too easy and not rewarding to do.

I reached the required level in my main game and then used it in NG+ . I used it for the first 3rd of the game in NG+

I have a feeling that was their intent. So that if you couldn't use it right away in NG+ you could use it shortly after. Which is a nice transition from the base starting armor.

Go to the west of Velen to a place with high respawn of drowners (in my opinion the sea area near the Widows' Grotto and kill them under water with your crossbow. It sucks but after an hour you reached your level 39... (1 xp per person). It's the only way I know if you play on PS4 or Xbox.
I'm currently missing 267 exp points to get to level 39, so that'll be 267...
Right, time to get crackin'!

I used it for the first 3rd of the game in NG+

Getting it in your first playthrough then using it for NG+ still means you'll be overlevelled for the first batch of missions for NG+. The recommended starting level for NG+ is 30. No, I think their intent for the armor is basically a super end-game reward purely for aesthetics, since you can only get it by completing the expansion pack, HoS.

I to would like it to be more userfreindly lvl reqs for that fabulous looking armor. I played HoS on NG+ started it at lvl 58ish. I was in the middle of my playthrough. So now I am playing from isle of mist to the end with awsome viper set at lvl 69. Fuck grey quests, but its worth it to look so bad ass.

Top Bottom