Viper School Witchers - any counterplay?

+
DRK3;n10453102 said:
Sorry to deviate a bit from topic, but what's the most anyone seen Viper Witchers hit for?

The most i used on my decks is 9, and i've seen plenty use 10-11, but the other day (before patch), i saw one hitting me for 15! And i dont even know if that was the value, that was just the highest unit i had on board! The moment most of your deck is composed of alchemy cards, starts getting a bit silly no?

Between nine and eleven is the usual range they hit for, obviously depending on the deck build. KBT made a deck that had around 15 to 16 point vipers, but that was pretty much full memes and the deck was really badly optimised because of it. I think to have a trim deck that thins well and plays competitively, the max you're gonna get is about 11.

Normally with if it's an alchemy deck, they're really dependent on the witcher's for control. The first one I use artifact compression (this prevents them from being replayed). The second Mandrake. When they play the third, leave it on the board until your second to last card. Then hit it with thunder/other damage. Normally their last card is the trial of the grasses, which means they can't res it again that time.

That's my normal strategy. But I carry both AC and Mandrake.

Alchemy Nilfgaard loses badly against all sorts of Swarms. Each deck has its own strengths and weaknesses. Swarms for example often lack the control and reactive options to disrupt enemy strategies.

Alchemy lacks many proactive options often and relies on your opponent placing strong targetable units on the board. Also, while the whole Cahir -> Calveit -> novice -> slave driver -> other unit can put a good amount of units on the board, it only works once. After that you can't reliably put enough units on the board so an enemy Yennefer will probably make a huge difference.

As to the card itself, there's rarely any more suitable target than STR 9. Maybe STR 10 so that you don't have to deal with WH Riders and other problematic units but there's no reason to go beyond that. So it usually ends up being a STR 14 bronze, which is not bad at all but it's not anything exceptional, it's just a good bronze. IF you can get full value out of it.

As to the comment about Nilfgaard, NG is the second to worst faction right now probably :p And was so even before the spy nerf.

I am sorry you can't safeguard your engine units from removal but that's how it's meant to be, you know. Engines lose to control but beat tempo. Tempo beats control.

I play vipers that deal 18 damage, theres no counter other then my own hand being straight swallow potions thunderbolts and mahakam ales which is 30% of the time lol:hai:

I sort of like the way the deck works right now: you have amazing offense but you can't put a lot of points on the board and you're very vulnerable to mandrake or Coral, etc. I had no real trouble beating viper decks when I played monsters, with my longship/greatsword deck I'm getting smoked.

DRK3;n10453102 said:
Sorry to deviate a bit from topic, but what's the most anyone seen Viper Witchers hit for?

The most i used on my decks is 9, and i've seen plenty use 10-11, but the other day (before patch), i saw one hitting me for 15! And i dont even know if that was the value, that was just the highest unit i had on board! The moment most of your deck is composed of alchemy cards, starts getting a bit silly no?

A bit late to the party but one guy was hitting for Ciri: Nova numbers and more! I never found out how much exactly because I didn't have a big enough unit to find out :p he ran 40 cards and Royal Decree, Saesenthesis: Blaze and Renew into Saesenthesis Blaze xD Basically a way to make the deck pack an insane amount of alchemy cards to just murder anything. (almost literally anything) I found it interesting on principle, but obviously, it was a gimmick deck :p There will just not be enough high value targets unless you run into Spell'Tael, Greatswords or Axemen and even those can just be killed early anyways.

Top Bottom