Viper swords using wrong model...

+
Viper swords using wrong model...

Yea, hi, I have this really weird issue where the viper swords (both venomous and regular not-DLC ones) are using these models;

View attachment 26364

When it's supposed to look like this;
View attachment 26365

Anyone else get this issue or any possible ways I could fix this? Already did a re-install, not using any mods and this was an issue in both the main game, DLC new game and new game +.

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-10-18 19-19-37-70.jpg
    witcher3 2015-10-18 19-19-37-70.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 1,437
  • 845-1-1445015808.jpg
    845-1-1445015808.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 6,004
Yea, hi, I have this really weird issue where the viper swords (both venomous and regular not-DLC ones) are using these models;

View attachment 26364

View attachment 26365

Anyone else get this issue or any possible ways I could fix this? Already did a re-install, not using any mods and this was an issue in both the main game, DLC new game and new game +.

I've noticed the same. The Viper blades have the wrong models. Plus they don't even match lol.

Wait a minute... how come the chest armor looks different in that pic? In my game it's scaly like a viper.
I also have the same problem as TC. The viper steel sword is actually feline.
Will this be fixed in 1.11?

When I was making a mod that replaces the appearance of these swords, I noticed in the XML file that the Viper Swords in NG+ are using Lynx (cat) version.

I can confirm this issue on PC.

I've noticed the same. I didn't crafted the steel one, but the silver sword definitely looks wrong.

/threads/60644-Silver-sword-of-the-Serpent-school-uses-wrong-model-1-10-normal-game-Steam

In the normal game, the Viper Swords looked like a Cat-steel-sword + a no-name-silver-sword, and the Venomous Viper Sword looked like correct Viper School swords with snake emblem swords on the screenshots.
In New Game+ both the Viper Sword and the Venom Viper Sword had a Cat Emblem Steel sword and some unknown-style silver sword.
So it`s a NG+ bug.

Good to know it's not problem on my side. Hopefully it's going to get fixed next patch. If not, gonna report it. Beautifull swords in it's simplicity in my opinion.

Last edited:
Good to know it's not problem on my side. Hopefully it's going to get fixed next patch. If not, gonna report it. Beautifull swords in it's simplicity in opinion.

Why wait for the next patch? Report it now and maybe the chances to actually see this fix in the next patch will go up.

I thought the viper models were abit odd/uninspired, I didn't realize this was an issue until i saw how they should appear. Same problem, Xbox, Fresh play through.

Yup. It's a thing. The models were fine in normal game but as soon as I started NG+ they changed to steel - cat, silver - unnamed.

Shame. The proper models are quite nice.

Top Bottom