Viper Witcher Mentor

+
New user, can't start threads. I came on here to report the Viper Witcher Mentor. This has got to be the most broken card I've seen in a while. As nearly every player has cards costing an excess of 10 provision points this card is effectively like giving players old spear tip or primordial dao at half the provision cost. Making the "highest provision" feature only activate on adrenaline 2 is HARDLY a limitation on this as it only invites players to save card to the very end when the opponent will likely not be able to do anything about it. This is not to mention that making it a bronze card means any spawn and summon bronze cards can bust it out late game as well. This absolutely needs to be either nerfed or turned into a higher cost gold card

Nothing extraordinary or overpowered with this card, really.
For a good while now, 6 provision bronze cards are generally worth 8-15 points, depending on the situation. This is a common thing across all factions.

Guest 4375874

New user, can't start threads. I came on here to report the Viper Witcher Mentor. This has got to be the most broken card I've seen in a while. As nearly every player has cards costing an excess of 10 provision points this card is effectively like giving players old spear tip or primordial dao at half the provision cost. Making the "highest provision" feature only activate on adrenaline 2 is HARDLY a limitation on this as it only invites players to save card to the very end when the opponent will likely not be able to do anything about it. This is not to mention that making it a bronze card means any spawn and summon bronze cards can bust it out late game as well. This absolutely needs to be either nerfed or turned into a higher cost gold card
Players have pointed out all those problems and devs apparently think it's ok. Sadly nothing will change
Post automatically merged:

Nothing extraordinary or overpowered with this card, really.
For a good while now, 6 provision bronze cards are generally worth 8-15 points, depending on the situation. This is a common thing across all factions.
Those 6p cards can't be readily spawned at a whim by other cards and play for immediate value upwards of 10 power. This is not even remotely close to being the same thing. And it encourages clog which those do not, in fact it rewards clog decks.

Players have pointed out all those problems and devs apparently think it's ok. Sadly nothing will change

Those 6p cards can't be readily spawned at a whim by other cards and play for immediate value upwards of 10 power. This is not even remotely close to being the same thing. And it encourages clog which those do not, in fact it rewards clog decks.
The Adrenaline prevents you from going all in on Mentors and limits your sequencing. Moreover clog is dead. Let its corpse rest

Except they are not spawned at a whim and don't play for immediate value upwards of 10 power. Oh, and that those other 6p bronzes are absolutely close to being the same thing. Other than these, you are correct.

Greatswords, Selfeaters, Blightmakers, Larvas are all top tier cards, easily besting golds of 6-8 provisions in the right scenario.
Cards like Ancient Foglets, Fallen Knights or Frigates are a tier below the rest, but still can cap at ridiculous levels (15+ points) if they remain on the board unattended.

Obviously these are different in their mechanics - as they should be - and support some respective archetypes. Mentors are not built up gradually, they rather punish certain situations. Which is, again, totally fine. Nothing to see here really.

This again... I'd be very happy if devs gave them another effect, they're often very clunky because of their Adrenaline 2 and require you to play a lot of cards in round one to be good. In later rounds their value decreases massively because the opponent is more likely to have the high-end cards in his hand. The only deck where they're pretty reliable is in a full Cloggers deck which is in a pretty sad spot itself.

Does anyone even run these on their own anymore? All I see is spawned ones from the Location.

Definitely not broken.

VWM and the Blightmaker are both busted because they are pure pointslam with immediate value and cannot be countered, which cannot be said about any of the other 6p cards, with the possible exception of the foglet. The Blightmaker is worse in its own way, but at least it cannot be reasonably spammed. VWM adrenaline limitation is a bit of a joke, especially since NG has plenty of ways to get around it. But "people don't play them this season" and NG has "weak bronzes," so don't expect a fix any time soon.

VWM and the Blightmaker are both busted because they are pure pointslam with immediate value and cannot be countered, which cannot be said about any of the other 6p cards, with the possible exception of the foglet. The Blightmaker is worse in its own way, but at least it cannot be reasonably spammed. VWM adrenaline limitation is a bit of a joke, especially since NG has plenty of ways to get around it. But "people don't play them this season" and NG has "weak bronzes," so don't expect a fix any time soon.
Nobody is playing VWM anymore though. Blightmaker is better since it provides thinning as well which is more valuable for NG who usually goes for Devotion. It was a problem when VWM was Adrenaline 3 as you could slam 4 of them, 2 from hand, 1 from location, possibly 1 from Artorius. It also depends on what high provision golds your opponent has in his deck to provide more value.

In a meta like this, VVM is nothing special. There's a ton of bronzes that play for way too much value, and their condition is way easier to meet than VVM. How can NG play around this without giving the opponent a very good card on top of the deck? I don't see this card at all anymore unless someone runs Gorthur Gvaed (I never run even a single copy).

This card may not be "broken" but nothing sucks the fun out of the game more then this card. It should not exsist and even if I can beat the deck it uses 9 out of 10 times. Im always done for the night and sometmies week when I face a deck with it.

This games playerbase isn't that large, and it is better then so many other online card games, but I find myself pulled away so fast when i see this card to another companies game for a while.

The power level isn't the problem, it just sucks the fun out of playing the game, and that is a much bigger problem.

This card may not be "broken" but nothing sucks the fun out of the game more then this card. It should not exsist and even if I can beat the deck it uses 9 out of 10 times. Im always done for the night and sometmies week when I face a deck with it.

This games playerbase isn't that large, and it is better then so many other online card games, but I find myself pulled away so fast when i see this card to another companies game for a while.

The power level isn't the problem, it just sucks the fun out of playing the game, and that is a much bigger problem.
Wow, those are some really strong feelings

If I told you every single card that goes on my nerves then I'd probably sit here until tomorrow. Every single player has a LOT of cards he or she hates to play against.

There are level of annoying cards. Kingslayer is walk away from the game annoying. everything else is a lot less annoying and just part of a standard game like this. There are a lot of games and way to spend our time. Mill is a mechanic in a card game that will always trigger me to walk away and find something else to do. A bronze card in game this disruptive? No thanks and have nice day.

There are level of annoying cards. Kingslayer is walk away from the game annoying. everything else is a lot less annoying and just part of a standard game like this. There are a lot of games and way to spend our time. Mill is a mechanic in a card game that will always trigger me to walk away and find something else to do. A bronze card in game this disruptive? No thanks and have nice day.
Ok bye

Top Bottom