Virtually endless amount of Swallow potion kills balance

+
Virtually endless amount of Swallow potion kills balance

The game is great. And thanks CDPR for it, but there's one thing that makes me upset. I started play on Death March difficult level and it was really difficult. Especially when I had limited food supplies and no regeneration of vitality. In Velen I spent all my money on two Viper swords because I was obliged to buy Emerald dust for 570 crowns. And I was ready to eat raw meat and wolf's liver. I even hunted after some deers to get some tasty meat peaces. Despite that I was happy... But all have changed since I was able to brew Swallow potion. I'm just in Velen now. Only 5 level. But even now i've got 35 bottles of Dwarven Spirit. And none of them I've bought because peasants drink too much. 35 bottles means that I can prepare 105 Swallow potion. I find Spirit faster than I drink it. Sorry - use it. 1 bottle is enough to brew 3 thunderbolt potion and 3 swallow one. And on top of all that i can drink it during combat. All of that make the game easier than it must be on high difficult level.I understand my favorite company (it's true I played all Witchers more than once) now have more important task. But if they read my message and correct something in this case it will be great.PS sorry for mistakes. I speak english bad ((

Whats the difference? You'll eventually end up have 99 stacks of Swallow anyway if it was a traditional system.
Drops the mic, leaves the room...

Ha, I thought the same, in the 2 previous games I end up with so many potions to fill up a bathtub... no difference at all, just makes meditation something you have to do before big fights... actually quite lore friendly if you ask me.

You can not prepare 105 Swallow potion because you can brew it once. Then You have 3 Potions. To refilling them you have to do a meditation with alcohest in inventory.
If you have no alcohest the you can't refilling any potions. So there is no endless amount.

Assuming you can last battles with 3 bottles and sustain Vitality regeneration before getting killed. I don't meditate after every battle to save Alcohol so I often fight with only 1 Swallow bottle.

All we are asking for is the OPTION to disable all this alcohol auto-refill nonsense and have to gather more ingredients to brew more potions manually.
Potions are supposed to be a little hard to attain and a little precious to use, not an endless flow of nectar that I can drink every 5 minutes. It's a big psychological part of having and using potions, it's essential to some players.

Just give us the option, CDPR!

OP is level 5 but complaining 3 bottles of Swallow is too much? Is the complaint because he doesn't understand you only get 3 bottles per meditation, or because he hasn't yet faced drawn out battles?

I wish I could carry more (and maybe you can further in to the story?) because you can't always meditate when you feel like it AND vitality regen stops if you take damage. It sure the hell doesn't feel like an endless supply on higher difficulty settings.

A bit offtopic but being able to eat raw meat and whatnot during combat is a bit ridiculous. Not a big deal though. This is an rpg after all.
Not being able to apply oils to swords during combat on the other hand is great.

I stoped playing early on and wait some Weeks for patches ect.

Is Alchemy necessary if i want play on hardest difficulty? I like tough fights, but alchemy was the only thing in the witcher series that didnt catch me.

To be honest, I hate the new short term buff alchemy system. If I wanted that I'd play skyrim. What I loved about the witcher was the sense of preparation before a battle. How few potions you could use before your toxicity was too high etc. Now you seem to chug them like shots at a stag do. There is literally no reason not to use 6 potions per fight.

6!

I mean I like that you CAN drink them in combat now, though I would prefer a little animation to make it risky. But the short term buff nature of them just ruins it for me. Hoping mods will fix that...

Top Bottom